All things Dundee FC

I'm a bit of a nomad as am PATG- miss too many games to make ST worthwhile- and I reckon Main Stand > Cox. Which is a shame as when it first opened the Cox rivalled the Derry for atmosphere.

I've warmed to the Main Stand in the last couple of seasons but that's probably because I'm becoming one of those auld farts. Plus it's a bit of a throwback which will be lost forever when the Nou Campy opens.

What's the latest with the new stadium? Any further forward?

Last I had heard was meetings have been held Governments planning department at Holyrood due to the kingsway being a trunk road and falling outwith council planning control.

All good to go aside from this, as far as I'm aware.

Last I had heard was meetings have been held Governments planning department at Holyrood due to the kingsway being a trunk road and falling outwith council planning control.

All good to go aside from this, as far as I'm aware.

So if that is so, are we potentially buying season tickets for the last season at Dens?

I remember Nelms saying he wanted to 'break ground' in 2019. In a recent programme he said that timescale had slipped. Assuming it gets the go ahead and construction starts in late 2019/early 2020 I reckon 21-22 season at the earliest - that gives us 3 more loss-making; relegation battling; touchline rammy-filled seasons at the old bird.

Assuming I haven't over egged the construction start date and time.

Hopefully I'll have enough spare change to bid for a few items of memorabilia when they auction off the fixtures and fittings!

I spoke with James Vincent recently for the Official DAFC Match-Day Programme. James spoke about his career to date, including his current spell with you guys. 

Click Here to read the article. 

Vincent has been good for us since he joined. He's played nearly every match, barring 3 or 4 which was mainly due to a wee knock he picked up. 

He has shown himself to be a more than competent central midfielder in the Championship and has certainly added some dig and bite in the middle of the park for us. 

He's mainly played at DM in a 4-1-3-2 formation which he has done really well in. I think he's enjoying his time at Dunfermline and I think most Pars fans would be happy to see him stay for next term. 

All the Best for the rest of the season. :thumsup2

18 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I don't believe it can be worse than the Bobby Cox. The view, however, is horrific.

Although, everyone I know, wherever they sit, seems to think their area is the worst for moaning - so maybe it's just everywhere.

The Bobby Cox is filled with bairns and auld fishwife-type moaners IMO.

Will always be The Derry for me.

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC
Typo

Am I reading this "Kit Launch" promo right as I'm sure it says the first 50 junior shirts sold will receive a ticket to launch night where they will be the first to see the new kit.......so that means people are buying a kit they haven't yet seen ???

What if it's gash ?

On the ticket prices, what do people think is realistic given that:

Montrose £13 PATG
Arbroath £14 PATG
Forfar £13 PATG

Give that these are the prices in the lower reaches of essentially semi professional levels of our game. Are people being a bit unrealistic with their expectations of prices? (Excluding the £30 prices which we, as yet, no nothing about and on the face of it seem scandalous).

Is costing £10 more than a team 3 leagues below you really that horrendously bad pricing?

PATG doesn't bother me at all because the season ticket represents such good value, but it seems to get a lot of people really upset.

Even comparing to other leagues, the only country with substantially lower ticket prices than Dundee is Germany, where clubs benefited massively from having stadiums purpose built for the World Cup.

Osasuna in Spain, cheapest match day ticket £29
Genoa in Italy, cheapest match day ticket £22
Basel in Switzerland £25 cheapest match day ticket.

I've just picked a couple of random clubs and got their prices, I could go on forever. I guess the point I'm trying to make, or the question I'm asking is are people being unrealistic with their price expectations?

On the ticket prices, what do people think is realistic given that:

Montrose £13 PATG
Arbroath £14 PATG
Forfar £13 PATG

Give that these are the prices in the lower reaches of essentially semi professional levels of our game. Are people being a bit unrealistic with their expectations of prices? (Excluding the £30 prices which we, as yet, no nothing about and on the face of it seem scandalous).

Is costing £10 more than a team 3 leagues below you really that horrendously bad pricing?

PATG doesn't bother me at all because the season ticket represents such good value, but it seems to get a lot of people really upset.

Even comparing to other leagues, the only country with substantially lower ticket prices than Dundee is Germany, where clubs benefited massively from having stadiums purpose built for the World Cup.

Osasuna in Spain, cheapest match day ticket £29
Genoa in Italy, cheapest match day ticket £22
Basel in Switzerland £25 cheapest match day ticket.

I've just picked a couple of random clubs and got their prices, I could go on forever. I guess the point I'm trying to make, or the question I'm asking is are people being unrealistic with their price expectations?

There's no defending the ticket prices imo, even putting aside the ridiculous new £30 category. I must add that this applies right across Scottish football. Those prices mentioned above to watch Forfar and Montrose is embarrassing - no wonder they get such little crowds.

I know a lot of people who would go to games if it was priced reasonably, but the non diehards can't justify £26 to watch a Dundee game when they can sit in the comfort of their own home and watch a game on TV.

ETA: Charging kids under 16 a tenner to attend is also pathetic.

It's the add ons- having a notion of taking the kids along to a game bumps up the price of going considerably. For those who aren't regular attendees the football competes with other family activities - and there's no guarantee of being entertained at Dens.

I also take issue with the meteoric rise in concession prices.

If the board want to stick with high PATG prices then fine- but at least put a structure or initiatives in place that encourages families to come along en masse. For a mother or father the adult PATG price is the tip of the iceberg.

Although completely unrealistic, I always thought that kids tickets should be free. Encourage the non-die hards to attend games and get the future fans through the gates. Tickets prices are getting ridiculous and it’s becoming unaffordable for the average punter to take their families along. No wonder you end up with plastic fans supporting the OF or English teams.

Get it sorted Nelms ffs

Thank you.

I spoke with James Vincent recently for the Official DAFC Match-Day Programme. James spoke about his career to date, including his current spell with you guys. 
Click Here to read the article. 
Vincent has been good for us since he joined. He's played nearly every match, barring 3 or 4 which was mainly due to a wee knock he picked up. 
He has shown himself to be a more than competent central midfielder in the Championship and has certainly added some dig and bite in the middle of the park for us. 
He's mainly played at DM in a 4-1-3-2 formation which he has done really well in. I think he's enjoying his time at Dunfermline and I think most Pars fans would be happy to see him stay for next term. 
All the Best for the rest of the season. :thumsup2

Thanks mate. He’s awful though. Please keep him forever.