All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Banter

Think it's really good stuff that the club's social media is coming out with nowadays. Imagine being a young kid and having the manager of the team you support, or your favourite players, thanking you for the support. Kind of things that will hopefully get them hooked in as a fan for life.

17 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Am I the only one concerned about losing O'Hara?

Nah I hope we keep a hold of him too. He's needing a fair bit of training so he knows what he's meant to be doing (think he's struggling with the change in positions by Hartley, followed by the change in tactics by McCann) but I think he could still develop into a decent player

Yes

Harsh, but fair.

The way forward for us is to a selling club, not a giving away club as we have been. If we could get £1M for Kamara I’d bite there hand off. That would mean we’ve had 3 million pound players in the squad this year (incl Caulker) and we are still pish. Outplayed by Saints on Saturday for much of the game and you could buy their entire team for a million.

As the pendulum has currently swung from hate to love, Ive been thinking back fondly on McCann’s time as manager. At the end of last season, as we looked at a squad full of duds, I think most of us said we would take 9th this year. That’s where we find ourselves, although there’s still time to f**k that up. Its been a tough season, but I don’t know why we expected anything else. During pre-season the fans had split opinions on Kamara, as it was a toss up for us to sign him or Nils Rutten. Shows how far he has kicked on this season under McCann that he’s been linked with seven figure bids. Same can be said for Hendry who looked a risky signing in the league cup game against Raith. Six months later he’s away to Celtic for a club record fee and has an international cap. Again, McCann has to take some credit for that. Signing Caulker was a coup, hopefully we can get a decent fee for him in future. If we had held on to Scott Allan then I think we may have been safe by now. I know McCann has made mistakes and signings haven’t worked out, but I’m happy to give him more time to build this team and offload more of the shite. Unless we’re relegated, in which case he can f**k off.

28 minutes ago, K.T said:

As the pendulum has currently swung from hate to love, Ive been thinking back fondly on McCann’s time as manager. At the end of last season, as we looked at a squad full of duds, I think most of us said we would take 9th this year. That’s where we find ourselves, although there’s still time to f**k that up. Its been a tough season, but I don’t know why we expected anything else. During pre-season the fans had split opinions on Kamara, as it was a toss up for us to sign him or Nils Rutten. Shows how far he has kicked on this season under McCann that he’s been linked with seven figure bids. Same can be said for Hendry who looked a risky signing in the league cup game against Raith. Six months later he’s away to Celtic for a club record fee and has an international cap. Again, McCann has to take some credit for that. Signing Caulker was a coup, hopefully we can get a decent fee for him in future. If we had held on to Scott Allan then I think we may have been safe by now. I know McCann has made mistakes and signings haven’t worked out, but I’m happy to give him more time to build this team and offload more of the shite. Unless we’re relegated, in which case he can f**k off.

Well said, McCann needs another year at least. Far too many knicker wetters and whingers in our support. IMO.

It won’t happen but I’d like an explanation about the Scott Allan deal. If it was to get Murray, whom I like, then it hasn’t been a rip roaring success. I also like McCann but when you look at what Clark or even Robinson have done, the jury is still out on NM in my head. If we stay up we give him another go.

It won’t happen but I’d like an explanation about the Scott Allan deal. If it was to get Murray, whom I like, then it hasn’t been a rip roaring success. I also like McCann but when you look at what Clark or even Robinson have done, the jury is still out on NM in my head. If we stay up we give him another go.
I assume it was completely out of their hands.

46 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

McCann said early in February that Scott Allan approached him the morning after the cup replay in Inverness and told him he wanted to leave. McCann then said he doesn’t want people around who don’t want to be here and in turn got a player in who he tried to sign in the summer. Sounds fair enough to me. 

Tbh I was gutted that Hendry left that day and wasn’t fussed about Allan. I was hoping Allan would be the player that would dictate the games but that never happened. Kamara was always the standout player in our midfield and was delighted we kept hold of him. 

Edited by Yenitit

I've been McCann's biggest critic on here this season but his top notch trolling of Tommy Wright won me over.

As most know, I love a Dee hero in charge. McCann's making more mistakes than most, but he's learning.

Too many play it safe. One more season won't do us any harm. I've never seen a manager show the passion he does. We've had harder working managers (Hartley), we've had legends that love the club more (Barry Smith, Duffy and Jocky), we've had people that have tried to create a siege mentality and came across like an utter buffoon to even the home support (Bomber), we've had outsiders (Rae). I've never seen someone that loves the club and has the unique ability to dish oot telts to opposition managers quite like McCann.

He never plays it safe, wears his heart on his sleeve, will fight for this club, talks the best game I've ever seen and accepts no shit.

Combine that with an eye for player and hopefully, a semblance of management talent and we've got some manager on our hands!

If it doesn't work out next season, McPake will be finished his badges and no doubt be Nelms next choice.

McCann said early in February that Scott Allan approached him the morning after the cup replay in Inverness and told him he wanted to leave. McCann then said he doesn’t want people around who don’t want to be here and in turn got a player in who he tried to sign in the summer. Sounds fair enough to me. 
Tbh I was gutted that Hendry left that day and wasn’t fussed about Allan. I was hoping Allan would be the player that would dictate the games but that never happened. Kamara was always the standout player in our midfield and was delighted we kept hold of him. 

I’ve read that before. He should have been told to man up and deliver the goods imo.

21 hours ago, locheedee said:

I'm actually looking forward to the next window tbh - for all the on the field stuff has been pretty poor, McCann has done pretty well at pulling in some exciting signings.

Just hope he can focus on getting guys in where we need them and not on replacing the decent players we already have!

Very true.

I'm presuming McCann has a pretty solid scouting network due to his contacts in the game.

Next season we should be looking to emulate Motherwell/Killie IMO.

Yeah, worth remembering he was reccommended Kamara by Thierry Henry. 

As for those that said they want to let O'Hara go and cash in on Kamara (canna mind who), why would you give up two of our starting CM's?