All things Dundee FC

9 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

They're all delusional. The easiest the fizzy pop league has been in years and they've scraped into the playoff spots with a budget of similar size to a top 6 Premiership team.

...they're not there yet, are they?

With O'Hara still having not signed his contract, I'm beginning to think he could be off. Previously I'd have said this would have been a body blow, but I think our midfield needs to be changed next season and McGowan and Kamara are our 2 most important players at the moment so naturally, O'Hara has to be the sacrifice if we are to improve in that central area.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

St Johnstone fans are going on about how they'd like to bring Schalk in. I wouldn't mind him up front for us. He's like a better, more efficient Murray.

Always liked him. Knows where the goal is and seems to work hard and have a bit of pace. 

St Johnstone fans are going on about how they'd like to bring Schalk in. I wouldn't mind him up front for us. He's like a better, more efficient Murray.
There were rumours about Schalk to us last season - we'd enquired if they'd consider freeing him or doing some exchange deal but got rebuffed.

It'll be interesting to see how Haber, Moussa and Faissal are handled next season. Would ideally like to loan Faissal out (just on the off chance he hits amazing form playing up front every week) and then punt both of the other two but think we'll just get one out.

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

There were rumours about Schalk to us last season - we'd enquired if they'd consider freeing him or doing some exchange deal but got rebuffed.

It'll be interesting to see how Haber, Moussa and Faissal are handled next season. Would ideally like to loan Faissal out (just on the off chance he hits amazing form playing up front every week) and then punt both of the other two but think we'll just get one out.

The problem with El Bak is he doesn't have a natural football brain. You can tell he hasn't played 11-a-side all his life. I reckon he needs some intensive training about when to pass and where to run when off the ball. Either that or he needs papped off back to the lower leagues where he can get away with running about like a maddy. 

I'd happily release El Bak. He's had numerous chances and has proved time and time again he isn't up to standard. A couple of wonder goals won't change that.

Haber and Moussa would get punted without saying. The former could easily be good enough for this level if he actually gave a bit of effort whilst the latter is just no-where near good enough as a goalscorer and no amount of decent link up play will ever make up for it.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Anyone renewed their season tickets?

Not yet.  Will probably do it this week before the renewal price goes up a bit.  Got to buy season tickets for my two kids as well so not cheap!

I would have liked to know what division I was going to be watching them in before paying so a win against St Johnstone would be nice.

I'm gonna upset some people here but we are a worse side with no moussa, the way we play needs a target man and his link up play is good and he wins a lot in the air, with better forward players around him we would see a massive difference, for instance a Liam Boyce type finisher. Just my opinion of course

2 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

I'm gonna upset some people here but we are a worse side with no moussa, the way we play needs a target man and his link up play is good and he wins a lot in the air, with better forward players around him we would see a massive difference, for instance a Liam Boyce type finisher. Just my opinion of course

I’m old fashioned.  I like the strikers in my team to score.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Suspect the vast majority of the league, and maybe even St Mirren, will be after him. 

Interesting to see where he ends up, County could probably out spend us all. 

3 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

There's some truth in that quote but f**k me it doesn't half highlight how desperate things are 

Yes moussas scoring record is mince but as you say he works his arse of every game for the team.