All things Dundee FC

If Dundee can get something from the first two (and both teams are essentially safe), we will take the pressure off considerably going into games against Hamilton, County and Partick.

Lose the first two though and Dundee in trouble.

Midweek trip to Dingwall has all the hallmarks of being a nightmare trip.

I'm still haunted by promotion ending midweek trips to Dunfermline and Partick Thistle. f**k coming home from Dingwall having lost all hope of survival.

If Dundee can get something from the first two (and both teams are essentially safe), we will take the pressure off considerably going into games against Hamilton, County and Partick.

Lose the first two though and Dundee in trouble.

Tough start but against the two side with nothing to play for. If, if, we can get two wins- or even 4 points then we may be able to cigar our way to safety.

But, you know, Dundee FC and all that...

Beat me to the punch.

7 hours ago, kevthedee said:

Your right we should all just adopt a defeatist attitude and accept before a ball is even kicked in any of our 5 games that we are going to get beat because of previous performances/results against these teams.

I personally will be attending the games with a positive attitude to support the team rather than throwing in the towel like yourself.

I'm not actually playing in these games so the defeatist attitude remark should make no difference at all to the 11 players on the park. Had I been in the team half the spineless c***s would be minus their testicles if indeed they have any balls, .......that remains to be seen!

I also will be there hoping for a win as I have been doing for decades and no I'm not one of the boo boys responsible for the toxic atmosphere I'm now a sedate main stander with no bubbling boiling anger in me at all :)

Probably not the start I'd want - you'd just hope that Saints and Well are both in holiday mode as they have very little to play for.

That being said - they did the same to us last year and it all panned out fine.

We’re not technically safe though, so actually it’s probably the worst slot to play us. Chances are the final 4 games will be meaningless, but that one it hasn’t been confirmed.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

It’s fair to say we seriously missed Kamara and McGowan last time we played St Johnstone.  We also got the line up and tactics wrong IMO.  This game should be totally different from our last meeting.  

It will be as we have even more players out injured, if you can't beat this Saints reserve side you deserve to be relegated. 

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Surprised no one seems to be mentioning that McCann will be missing the St. Johnstone and Motherwell games if his appeal against the 2 match ban doesn't work work out.

Would it be Gartland or Boyle who'd be looking after the team?

I reckon dug-out bans have next to zero effect on the outcome of games. 

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It will be as we have even more players out injured, if you can't beat this Saints reserve side you deserve to be relegated. 

Chris Kanes missing it so Steven Caulker will be able to sleep before the match, which'll be nice. 

Interviews with players today suggest our squad believe there's no threat of relegation. We'll be missing at least six senior players, including a suspended Murray Davidson aswell. 

Genuinely, if Dundee don't win our meeting they're in trouble, it'll be one of the most winnable games they have left.