All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Love how fans of teams that have no fans (St Johnstone and Hamilton) and teams that have just seen their chairman stand down because they have been an utter shambles for nearly 3 years and seen him pocket how much on the back of selling players(United) have a say on our finances and how our club is run. 

Bottom line is we want to be a top 6 club, what club doesn't? And if it means running on a loss until that happens I'm sure it's a risk any fan would want to their club to take. The sale of Jack Hendry and potential add ons will make up for losses in the next financial year but if the finances are going to Improve the football and more importantly the home form must improve to get people back to Dens because in the past two seasons our home form has been nothing short of fucking embarrassing. 

Anyway, this surely can't be a serious post. 

Firstly no, not any fan will want their club to take such a risk. I'm sure many Dundee fans wouldn't want to take such a risk, especially given their history. If they do they're astonishingly stupid, like so stupid they regularly almost die because they forget to breathe.

Secondly, what do you think will happen in such a model if the target isn't reached? The losses will have been for nothing and won't have been offset. What do you suppose happens if that continues? There are some historical hints across Scottish football (at least 9 since 2000 by my reckoning).

Third, how much would the Dundee crowds need to increase by to offset whatever losses are being run up? 

Fourth, the crowds won't go up by that much. Most clubs will only see a fluctuation up or down of no more than about 500 depending on form. Recent history shows this to be the case for most clubs.

Fifth, don't be so fucking stupid

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

200.gif.5fa19108d3e46265d9e9b9bc97d56643.gif

Exactly what I was thinking. Daily Record on the brink - "What club can we get a journalist banned from to save money on wages and expenses? Haud oan and I'll ask our dab editor if he can suggest anyone..."

Yeah, Foote arab c**t, look closer to home if you want an admin story. They just cannot stand it, arab fans, they just cannot deal with it.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What benefits do you think finishing sixth would bring? Qualification for the Europa League costs you money due to the travel costs, positionally you only earn an extra £200k or so, and that's swallowed by the Europa games. 

Bankrupting the club for a top six finish is hilariously tinpot. 

Probably worth 300k at worst. Extra prize money plus at least 1 more game of 4200 away fans paying £26 a pop for a ticket. 

What do you think it’s worth?

Edited by Yenitit

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Obviously, the spin put on this by the Record is absurd and dishonest.

Dundee's statement is a good one, apart from the bit about banning reporters though.  Such measures always strike me as petty and counterproductive.

Rubbish, if more clubs banned the Record (and the Sun) the world would be such a better place. 

56 minutes ago, johan scott said:

Yeah, Foote arab c**t, look closer to home if you want an admin story. They just cannot stand it, arab fans, they just cannot deal with it.

I don't remember Dundee United going in to administration 

55 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Probably worth 300k at worst. Extra prize money plus at least 1 more game of 4200 away fans paying £26 a pop for a ticket. 

What do you think it’s worth?

That is one scenario and is feasible. Another is you could get, for example, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone at home after the split then 3 away games. My point is that it isn't something to gamble on, especially as budgets are set we before the fixtures are released, and of course there's no guarantee you will finish top 6 

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

The poorer United are the more Old Man Danger drags up Dundee’s administrations.  No wonder he goes on about it constantly these days!

Mind that tear-stained thread he started after we fucked them into the Championship? Glorious :lol:

ETA: It's still there: ROFLCopter

Edited by jupe1407

What benefits do you think finishing sixth would bring? Qualification for the Europa League costs you money due to the travel costs, positionally you only earn an extra £200k or so, and that's swallowed by the Europa games. 
Bankrupting the club for a top six finish is hilariously tinpot. 

6th doesn't give a Europa Cup slot, but does give another, at least 2 home ties against one of(at the moment) Celtic,The Rangers,Aberdeen,Hearts or Hibs, which would add at least 5k extra £26 to the coffers.

That is one scenario and is feasible. Another is you could get, for example, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone at home after the split then 3 away games. My point is that it isn't something to gamble on, especially as budgets are set we before the fixtures are released, and of course there's no guarantee you will finish top 6 

St Johnstone? Think that’s almost as unlikely as playing the Arabs in the top 6 any time soon [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't remember Dundee United going in to administration 

You've just painted a scenario where both Hearts and Hibs aren't in the top 6

You'll understand why I think you're havering shite.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

You've just painted a scenario where both Hearts and Hibs aren't in the top 6

You'll understand why I think you're havering shite.

I'm not. I'm just talking the same hypotheticals as other folk. Hibs were relegated recently so It's hardly far fetched

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I'm not. I'm just talking the same hypotheticals as other folk. Hibs were relegated recently so It's hardly far fetched

I said "both". 

In any case, I'm not sure why you think we'd have an issue with a home game against St Johnstone. For all the grief we give them about their support, they're actually one of our bigger away crowds - definitely more than any bottom 6 team.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Both were relegated in fairness. 

In Hearts' case it was very unusual circumstances. Hibs were, well, Hibs. 

Nine seasons out of ten at least one will be in the top 6; seven or eight, both. 

19 minutes ago, The Master said:

In Hearts' case it was very unusual circumstances. Hibs were, well, Hibs. 

Nine seasons out of ten at least one will be in the top 6; seven or eight, both. 

Regardless of that, surely you aren't arguing that Dundee should be running up a loss to get top 6?

So as only one arsehole has replied which unfortunate team should have the poisoned chalice of the sixth biggest player budget? It’s got to be one of - us, Thistle, Fermers, Killie, Motherwell, Dross Cunty or ([emoji4]) Hamilton surely?

Regardless of that, surely you aren't arguing that Dundee should be running up a loss to get top 6?

With the sale of Hendry the owners have roundabout broken even during their tenure. United have raked in about £8 Million in transfer fees in that period, ant they’re totally fucked - who has been the biggest gamblers? Go and mewl on the DAB thread please. [emoji4]

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

With the sale of Hendry the owners have roundabout broken even during their tenure. United have raked in about £8 Million in transfer fees in that period, ant they’re totally fucked - who has been the biggest gamblers? Go and mewl on the DAB thread please. emoji4.png

Dundee haven't gambled at all. I was responding to the guy who said you should