All things Dundee FC

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Nah people spoke about it before that meeting .
I can't be fucked scrolling through as it's way back.
However what's actually happening , what are we waiting for ? Maybe just me but heard f**k all for quite a while now regarding this top quality stadium

Patience G_Man.  We’re further down the road of building a top quality stadium than a top quality side.  

19 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Let’s see -

The Marr’s 1 promotion - ST 1 relegation.

The Marr’s ran up millions of debt - ST has ran up millions of debt.

The Marr’s appointed a shite manager - ST has appointed at least 4 shite managers.

The Marr’s drove our club into Administration - ST, hmm......TBC

I suggest it’s not as clear cut as you say and events are far from over at Fundee United.

There’s some inaccuracies there, but more to the point there’s something you’re leaving out I think.

I will give you a clue; begins with ‘a’.

:)

29 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

What the owners are doing is hardly running the club into the ground, the marrs and melville done that and it doesn't compare in the slightest. Striving to be a top six club nowadays imo isn't as risky financially as it was say 10-15 years ago, not many clubs have total idiot owners like they did back then. The majority of owners now are proper business men not con men and charlatans 

This one?

Yes I read it.  I thought it was characterised by wishful thinking and was thoroughly unconvincing.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s some inaccuracies there, but more to the point there’s something you’re leaving out I think.

:)

Alan Kernaghan was after the Marr's.

[emoji4]

‘a’ relegation of our near neighbours and biggest rivals?

Sorry for the omission.

If? I thought it was a matter of when ?
Like I said where are all in the know people on here , didn't we have people who said they had seen the plans and spoke to Bob the builder ?

And why are we speaking about United ?

Yawn
By all accounts, the process is going well and we'll have a construction company announced soon and they have a hotel chain lined up.

Just saying 'if' because it's a complex process and hurdles can suddenly appear which maybe can't be reasonably anticipated. We all know how quickly things can go wrong and change suddenly.

2 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Bottom line is we want to be a top 6 club, what club doesn't? And if it means running on a loss until that happens I'm sure it's a risk any fan would want to their club to take.

Unbelievable :lol:

Is it the case that the sensible Dundee fans are shit scared of breaking rank or are they genuinely all gullible nutters that will lap up any old shite they’re spoon fed? 

Well my supporters bus is £15
and we’re usually in pub for 2 hours
Now it might be me but I’ve never been able to find a pub that gives you drink for free

That’s because you’re ugly as f**k mate.

2 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Love how fans of teams that have no fans (St Johnstone and Hamilton) and teams that have just seen their chairman stand down because they have been an utter shambles for nearly 3 years and seen him pocket how much on the back of selling players(United) have a say on our finances and how our club is run. 

Bottom line is we want to be a top 6 club, what club doesn't? And if it means running on a loss until that happens I'm sure it's a risk any fan would want to their club to take. The sale of Jack Hendry and potential add ons will make up for losses in the next financial year but if the finances are going to Improve the football and more importantly the home form must improve to get people back to Dens because in the past two seasons our home form has been nothing short of fucking embarrassing. 

You may want to be a top 6 side, but if attaining that means the club outspending their means and endangering the longevity of the club that is ok with you ?

[emoji4]

Administration is a terrible thing for fans because they can do nothing to stop it. It’s the cuntz in cherge that go down that road. The fans pile in there after the fact to sort out the mess (Rangers excepted). Of course it’s manna from heaven for you lot and always will be.

When it happens to you tadgerines I’ll definitely be celebrating [emoji41]

5 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Administration is a terrible thing for fans because they can do nothing to stop it. It’s the cuntz in cherge that go down that road. The fans pile in there after the fact to sort out the mess (Rangers excepted). Of course it’s manna from heaven for you lot and always will be.

When it happens to you tadgerines I’ll definitely be celebrating emoji41.png

The poorer United are the more Old Man Danger drags up Dundee’s administrations.  No wonder he goes on about it constantly these days!

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

The poorer United are the more Old Man Danger drags up Dundee’s administrations.  No wonder he goes on about it constantly these days!

United are such a shadow of their former selves I barely recognise them :thumsup2

3 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Love how fans of teams that have no fans (St Johnstone and Hamilton) and teams that have just seen their chairman stand down because they have been an utter shambles for nearly 3 years and seen him pocket how much on the back of selling players(United) have a say on our finances and how our club is run. 

Bottom line is we want to be a top 6 club, what club doesn't? And if it means running on a loss until that happens I'm sure it's a risk any fan would want to their club to take. The sale of Jack Hendry and potential add ons will make up for losses in the next financial year but if the finances are going to Improve the football and more importantly the home form must improve to get people back to Dens because in the past two seasons our home form has been nothing short of fucking embarrassing. 

What benefits do you think finishing sixth would bring? Qualification for the Europa League costs you money due to the travel costs, positionally you only earn an extra £200k or so, and that's swallowed by the Europa games. 

Bankrupting the club for a top six finish is hilariously tinpot. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What benefits do you think finishing sixth would bring? Qualification for the Europa League costs you money due to the travel costs, positionally you only earn an extra £200k or so, and that's swallowed by the Europa games. 

Bankrupting the club for a top six finish is hilariously tinpot. 

Do the calculations on sharing gate fees with Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen etc compared to Ross County and Accies. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Do the calculations on sharing gate fees with Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen etc compared to Ross County and Accies. 

It won't be that much higher, especially if you only get 2 home games post split