All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Well Done Dundee. The Daily Ranger will be seething.

I just wish Hibs done the same after the shite they printed after 21/5/16

Mate, the Record was absolutely right on that occasion. Some of the goading from the Hibs fans that day left thousands of Rangers fans with hurt feelings and dented pride. Uncalled for IMO.

Mate, the Record was absolutely right on that occasion. Some of the goading from the Hibs fans that day left thousands of Rangers fans with hurt feelings and dented pride. Uncalled for IMO.

Also their women and children were frightened by the nasty Hibees. Terrible.

What an absolute pile of shite.  What’s more if you’ve a brain in your head then you know it’s a pile of shite.
I really hope your current owners don’t f**k you over; that’s happened too often in recent years to supporters of your club.  However,  maybe you need to consider what their game plan is and if they really are as altruistic as they are suggesting.

Which bit is shite GD. Was ET bad for United and ST good? I’m confused.

I’m not saying the Yanks are altruistic I’m just saying that there is no evidence to suggest they’re a shower of c***s either.

I’ve already stated earlier that running the club at a constant loss is worrying - something United fans do seem to have difficulty understanding mind you.

Just now, Fifespud said:

Which bit is shite GD. Was ET bad for United and ST good? I’m confused.

I’m not saying the Yanks are altruistic I’m just saying that there is no evidence to suggest they’re a shower of c***s either.

I’ve already stated earlier that running the club at a constant loss is worrying - something United fans do seem to have difficulty understanding mind you.

Eddie Thomson got United in to a huge amount of debt.  He was well intentioned and a real fan but the business brain that had made him a wealthy man stopped functioning once he took over at United.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Eddie Thomson got United in to a huge amount of debt.  He was well intentioned and a real fan but the business brain that had made him a wealthy man stopped functioning once he took over at United.

OK now that we know what you think about Eddie Thompson’s tenure at Tannadice give us all a good laugh and let us know what you think about Stephen Thompson’s time in charge.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

OK now that we know what you think about Eddie Thompson’s tenure at Tannadice give us all a good laugh and let us know what you think about Stephen Thompson’s time in charge.

I have often explained this over on various Dundee United threads, the proper place to discuss that in detail.

However since you’ve asked I’d say it was better than the Marr brothers  time in charge of Dundee.

Far better.

Far, far better.

Love how fans of teams that have no fans (St Johnstone and Hamilton) and teams that have just seen their chairman stand down because they have been an utter shambles for nearly 3 years and seen him pocket how much on the back of selling players(United) have a say on our finances and how our club is run. 

Bottom line is we want to be a top 6 club, what club doesn't? And if it means running on a loss until that happens I'm sure it's a risk any fan would want to their club to take. The sale of Jack Hendry and potential add ons will make up for losses in the next financial year but if the finances are going to Improve the football and more importantly the home form must improve to get people back to Dens because in the past two seasons our home form has been nothing short of fucking embarrassing. 

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have often explained this over on various Dundee United threads, the proper place to discuss that in detail.

However since you’ve asked I’d say it was better than the Marr brothers  time in charge of Dundee.

Far better.

Far, far better.

Like most United fans I know you appear happier talking about football matters from years ago rather more recent events.  That’s entirely understandable.

55 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re the 1st Arab I’ve heard or read having a pop at Eddie Thompson. Looking in from the outside I always thought he left his son in a c**t of a position regards  Yenited. Keep hearing the phrase “Eddie will be turning in his grave “ but as soon as I mention it was him who ran up the debts at the dabs the dayglos I know immediately change the subject. As a side issue I hope he achieves his global sporting ambitions :thumsup2

Edited by Yenitit

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Run the club into the ground to simply be a top 6 club? Nah, don't recommend it.

What the owners are doing is hardly running the club into the ground, the marrs and melville done that and it doesn't compare in the slightest. Striving to be a top six club nowadays imo isn't as risky financially as it was say 10-15 years ago, not many clubs have total idiot owners like they did back then. The majority of owners now are proper business men not con men and charlatans 

11 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

ST has been a decent chairman tbf. 

Hopefully he's able to trouser the dosh from the sale of Gussie Park as some sort of recompense for being associated with that fucking shambles for the last few years. 

Stevo’s business reputation has taken a battering these last few years because of the dayglo filth. 

Hopefully he names a stand after himself like his auld man did before he finally jumps ship. 

How about “The Fair Play To Stephen Thompson Stand” it’s got a ring to it....

Edited by Yenitit

You’re the 1st Arab I’ve heard or read having a pop at Eddie Thompson. Looking in from the outside I always thought he left his son in a c**t of a position regards  Yenited. Keep hearing the phrase “Eddie will be turning in his grave “ but as soon as I mention it was his who ran up the debt the dabs I know immediately change the subject. As a side issue I hope he achieves his global sporting ambitions :thumsup2

To be fair the DABS were at deaths door when Eddie showed up and now they’re back there.

How anyone can think their club is well run when a volunteer is able transfer a million pounds to a random caller is beyond me. That’s the epitome of mismanagement.

Far better.
Far, far better.

Let’s see -

The Marr’s 1 promotion - ST 1 relegation.

The Marr’s ran up millions of debt - ST has ran up millions of debt.

The Marr’s appointed a shite manager - ST has appointed at least 4 shite managers.

The Marr’s drove our club into Administration - ST, hmm......TBC

I suggest it’s not as clear cut as you say and events are far from over at Fundee United.

I'm very sure that if this stadium goes ahead, United will end up moving in tbh.

United have lost ownership of Gussie and will very likely lose Tannadice too. Either of those or Dens in isolation isn't worth much but if you've got potentially three big sites, there's maybe some sort of economy in a residential development. Overnight, it could give Thompson a way to exit with a couple of million.

21 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Love how fans of teams that have no fans (St Johnstone and Hamilton) and teams that have just seen their chairman stand down because they have been an utter shambles for nearly 3 years and seen him pocket how much on the back of selling players(United) have a say on our finances and how our club is run. 

Bottom line is we want to be a top 6 club, what club doesn't? And if it means running on a loss until that happens I'm sure it's a risk any fan would want to their club to take. The sale of Jack Hendry and potential add ons will make up for losses in the next financial year but if the finances are going to Improve the football and more importantly the home form must improve to get people back to Dens because in the past two seasons our home form has been nothing short of fucking embarrassing. 

A bit surprising to see a Dundee fan once more advocating the taking of risks, but hey ho.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Stevo’s business reputation has taken a battering these last few years because of the dayglo filth. 

Hopefully he names a stand after himself like his auld man did before he finally jumps ship. 

How about “The Fair Play To Stephen Thompson Stand” has got a ring to it....

They should've named Gussie the "What's The Fucking Point Training Ground" in honour of Mixu. 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

If? I thought it was a matter of when ?
Like I said where are all in the know people on here , didn't we have people who said they had seen the plans and spoke to Bob the builder ?

And why are we speaking about United ?

Yawn

Are you getting in the know mixed up with people who went up to the ice rink to see the plans?