All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

You dont know this to be fact, you are merely surmising.

It's seems fairly clear that's what's happening, only benefits being listed to Dundee are the huge cut of stadium maintenance spend due to Dens being an absolute shack. 

What the club need to do is release a closer to the truth headline of;

"Daily Record on brink"

"After decades of spouting lies and twisting stories to suit agendas, The Daily Record is now on its knees. With free media available online there is now no need for washed up tabloid press with their fabrications so easily called out.

Good Bye Daily Record nobody buys papers anymore"

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It's seems fairly clear that's what's happening, only benefits being listed to Dundee are the huge cut of stadium maintenance spend due to Dens being an absolute shack. 

If they rent the stadium for the next 100 years (most probably on a buyback)they are entitled to make money from that 7 days a week for the next 100 years, not just on match days.

St Johnstone FC own McDiarmid Park, the training pitch, the all weather pitch and the land. The Browns own a huge building company which runs at a huge profit. If the Browns sold McDiarmid they'd have to take the money from the clubs accounts, which would need approved by the board, which has fans on it, despite some claims, Steve Brown isn't in total control. 
The "reserves" are there to cover expected losses when we get relegated again. That's been made clear regularly. 
The Browns support the club and have no interest or need in taking money from it. Any money put in by Geoff was repaid a long time ago, and his son hasn't spent  a penny of his own money. 
It's a completely different situation. My club owns land and a stadium, and every penny goes to the club, the owner puts nothing in so expects nothing back. 
Your club will be renting a stadium where only match day money will go straight to the club, and who's losses are being paid by their future landlord, a landlord with no emotional ties to the club. 
Can you not see a potential issue there? 

Geoff and Bob own more than 80% of the equity. It’s ‘their club’, you’re a customer of them. In my opinion the pair of them like money more than St Johnstone. How do you know they want nothing back? They can do what the f**k they like. Why do you assume Bob and Geoff’s motives are altruistic but Tim Keyes is some sort of Machiavellian character? Eddie T was great for the Arabs, ST a disaster. Nothing last forever and I’d advise against being overly smug.

I'm dead against moving stadium and I think the overall cost of redeveloping Dens is overhyped by our current board for their own agenda. It makes complete business sense on their part though. Dundee FC will be the face of their operations and they will have a firm griphold on not only the club, but the city as well.  Tim Keyes isn't a multi-billionaire for nothing.

Everything he's said matches with what the club is doing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33857225

'It’s family money, we can put it wherever we want,” said Keyes. “We are here [at Dundee] for the long term. That is how we run most of our businesses in the US. Because we are a family office and do not have for the most part outside money, a lot of our businesses we plan to own for ten to 15 to 20 years – whether it is a football club here or a company in the US.

That is the way we operate – for the long term. We are not here to turn a quick profit and flip it. We are not in it to make money,

We are not in it to lose money. But we are not in it to take a profit and go back home. If we did sell a player, the money will be ploughed back into the club.'

The Keyes' company profile practically reveals their intentions: http://www.keyescap.com/company-profile.html

Edited by Ludo*1

I’ve thought fir a  while with us not been brilliant and the Dabs near deid that the Americans would get together with MMJ and do something
Hopefully just a shared stadium 

We approached them at the very start and the DABS told us to bolt. Despite that if the Nou Campy gets the go ahead we ve given them an open invite to be our tenants at the behest of the council.

I'm dead against moving stadium and I think the overall cost of redeveloping Dens is overhyped by our current board for their own agenda. It makes complete business sense on their part though. Dundee FC will be the face of their operations and they will have a firm griphold on not only the club, but the city as well.  Tim Keyes isn't a multi-billionaire for nothing.
Everything he's said matches with what the club is doing:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33857225
'It’s family money, we can put it wherever we want,” said Keyes. “We are here [at Dundee] for the long term. That is how we run most of our businesses in the US. Because we are a family office and do not have for the most part outside money, a lot of our businesses we plan to own for ten to 15 to 20 years – whether it is a football club here or a company in the US.
That is the way we operate – for the long term. We are not here to turn a quick profit and flip it. We are not in it to make money,
We are not in it to lose money. But we are not in it to take a profit and go back home. If we did sell a player, the money will be ploughed back into the club.'
The Keyes' company profile practically reveals their intentions: http://www.keyescap.com/company-profile.html
It’s family money, we can put it wherever we want,” said Keyes. “We are here [at Dundee] for the long term. That is how we run most of our businesses in the US. Because we are a family office and do not have for the most part outside money, a lot of our businesses we plan to own for ten to 15 to 20 years – whether it is a football club here or a company in the US.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/dundee/tim-keyes-says-he-s-at-dundee-for-the-long-term-1-3857164
That's just it though. Even if the overall cost of doing up Dens is half of a new ground, that money just isn't as obtainable. It'd be nice but making any sort of income out of it is just not viable.

Unfortunately, Dens was lost a decade ago. The all seated rule forcing us to do up behind the goals also wasn't the most helpful. In an ideal world, the redevelopment money would have went into a new main stand on the south side and we could have kept a bit of terracing with a view to phasing it out. We did OK with what we produced at the time restrictions but unfortunately, whatever we could do was just put up a big Lego set which doesn't add much value or increased income.

39 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Geoff and Bob own more than 80% of the equity. It’s ‘their club’, you’re a customer of them. In my opinion the pair of them like money more than St Johnstone. How do you know they want nothing back? They can do what the f**k they like. Why do you assume Bob and Geoff’s motives are altruistic but Tim Keyes is some sort of Machiavellian character? Eddie T was great for the Arabs, ST a disaster. Nothing last forever and I’d advise against being overly smug.

What an absolute pile of shite.  What’s more if you’ve a brain in your head then you know it’s a pile of shite.

I really hope your current owners don’t f**k you over; that’s happened too often in recent years to supporters of your club.  However,  maybe you need to consider what their game plan is and if they really are as altruistic as they are suggesting.

32 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

In my opinion the pair of them like money more than St Johnstone.

Nothing last forever and I’d advise against being overly smug.

Don't agree with the first part. Geoff likes life above all else, I got that first hand. He's made money and yes, money has let him explore his other loves but to say he loves money more than Saints, notbfor me. He never got involved with Saints to make money.

Second part, I'd agree with. Stevie Broon would cut his ties with Saints in a heartbeat if he was offered cash.

Once Geoff has kicked the bucket obviously. 

Anyway this is detracting from the lovely Dundee thread, as you were mutants.

Dundee fans literally never learn, do they? It’s hard to have any sympathy when they make excuses for their owners every single time. 

“It’s all part of the plan!”

What a fucking shambles of a support. 

2 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

Surely with both Dundee clubs in financial turmoil merging the two clubs is the sensible and pragmatic thing to do.

200.gif.5fa19108d3e46265d9e9b9bc97d56643.gif

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

What the club need to do is release a closer to the truth headline of;

"Daily Record on brink"

"After decades of spouting lies and twisting stories to suit agendas, The Daily Record is now on its knees. With free media available online there is now no need for washed up tabloid press with their fabrications so easily called out.

Good Bye Daily Record nobody buys papers anymore"

Exactly what I was thinking. Daily Record on the brink - "What club can we get a journalist banned from to save money on wages and expenses? Haud oan and I'll ask our dab editor if he can suggest anyone..."

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Making statements and banning reporters. 

Dundee have gone full Sevco. 

Summit to hide me thinks, throwing their toys oot the pram. The journalist is working with the statement provided by the club which states they have made a trading loss in the previous year, then said they required an extra 1K ST holders to break even, so with that compounding the loss has given the journalist a licence to embellish his story, it's something dundonians are well versed in, if Dundee are budgeting for top 6 season after season and failing to get to top 6 then they are surely operating outwith their means as they will be generating less income than outgoings.

Dab sports editor of the Record bitter until the very end. Great to see.

Very last edition about the big team. The Fundesliga must be hurting the c**t big time. Maybe get him a pair o Craig Wighton Doon Jammies to cheer him up. Dab w****r. 

Dundee fans literally never learn, do they? It’s hard to have any sympathy when they make excuses for their owners every single time. 
“It’s all part of the plan!”
What a fucking shambles of a support. 

Calm down Jimmy, you're making a scene.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Hope all is well and you are looking after that garden of yours.

Keep safe as the roads are pretty bad right now where you are.

Thanks for the kind words, GMan.

The garden is looking absolutely stunning in the snow and you’re quite correct the roads are very dangerous.