All things Dundee FC

Point one is their issue. The owners are willing to put money in because they expect to take money out when the new stadiums built. 
As far as I can tell they'll build and own the stadium, and then rent it out to Dundee. Not overly convinced that's any different to the situation Dundee are in just now. They'll simply be renting a brand new stadium and if/when the owners decide/need to get rid of it, they'd have to buy it. 
Feels like there's an element of QP/SFA/Hampden about it all. As in you'll be over the barrel if your owners decide they need to up the rent. 

Ok I’ll bite.

If they put the rent up beyond what the club can afford the club would either go bust or the burden would be detrimental to the on field performance leading to falling revenues. Seeing as both companies would be owned by the same people would that no be a bit pointless?

Why do the Brown family keep cash reserves way beyond any reasonable reserves St Johnstone could realistically need? Could it be because at any given time they could declare a dividend and trouser the dosh? If/when a massive development gain materialises at McDiarmid how easy would it be for Geoff to split McDiarmid from the football club and again pocket the cash? Do you really think at some point the Brown’s are going to give up millions of pounds in some sort of massive philanthropic gesture for the good of the football club?

Why don’t you constantly raise these questions about your own club?

Why is the core support of St Johnstone so shite?

One group of people will own all the assets pertaining to Dundee FC, just like St Johnstone - so again what’s the difference?

18 minutes ago, g0tti said:

I never brought the EPL into it, I replied to it

Why the f**k would you go to an English premier league game instead of the team you support?

This. It also conveniently ignores travelling costs and food you need to buy when totting it all up.

Why don't you f**k off you lying c**t?

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Ok I’ll bite.

If they put the rent up beyond what the club can afford the club would either go bust or the burden would be detrimental to the on field performance leading to falling revenues. Seeing as both companies would be owned by the same people would that no be a bit pointless?

Why do the Brown family keep cash reserves way beyond any reasonable reserves St Johnstone could realistically need? Could it be because at any given time they could declare a dividend and trouser the dosh? If/when a massive development gain materialises at McDiarmid how easy would it be for Geoff to split McDiarmid from the football club and again pocket the cash? Do you really think at some point the Brown’s are going to give up millions of pounds in some sort of massive philanthropic gesture for the good of the football club?

Why don’t you constantly raise these questions about your own club?

Why is the core support of St Johnstone so shite?

One group of people will own all the assets pertaining to Dundee FC, just like St Johnstone - so again what’s the difference?

St Johnstone FC own McDiarmid Park, the training pitch, the all weather pitch and the land. The Browns own a huge building company which runs at a huge profit. If the Browns sold McDiarmid they'd have to take the money from the clubs accounts, which would need approved by the board, which has fans on it, despite some claims, Steve Brown isn't in total control. 

The "reserves" are there to cover expected losses when we get relegated again. That's been made clear regularly. 

The Browns support the club and have no interest or need in taking money from it. Any money put in by Geoff was repaid a long time ago, and his son hasn't spent  a penny of his own money. 

It's a completely different situation. My club owns land and a stadium, and every penny goes to the club, the owner puts nothing in so expects nothing back. 

Your club will be renting a stadium where only match day money will go straight to the club, and who's losses are being paid by their future landlord, a landlord with no emotional ties to the club. 

Can you not see a potential issue there?