All things Dundee FC

Banning the Record on the basis of one sensationalist headline does seem OTT. That said I'm delighted they have done so- loathsome rag that printed unsubstantiated shite about a 'hooligan element' at the club the day after we secured our first Scottish Cup final in 40 years back in 2003.

No wonder their sales are plummeting - DFC will be here long after they shut the doors on that slimy publication.

4 minutes ago, drs said:

Not much of an opportunity to murder Juventus fans at Scottish grounds though.

Some behaved badly but then some of them had good reason to

there was more violence at the Russia v England game in a stadium, no one died  

why do you think that was

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Obviously, the spin put on this by the Record is absurd and dishonest.

Dundee's statement is a good one, apart from the bit about banning reporters though.  Such measures always strike me as petty and counterproductive.

Also, they're ultimately futile as they'll just lift quotes from the pressers that go up on YouTube or whatever and I'd imagine they'll use syndicated match reports. Given absolutely no one will be buying the Record for their red hot Dundee #content then it's unlikely to affect them in the slightest.

Clearly what Dundee need to do is build a new stadium about 7 miles from Dens Park, preferably 2-3 miles from the main arterial road (A90) in the middle of nowhere. If they can make vague, non-specific suggestions about hundreds of shuttle buses this will lead to a massive increase in the numbers attending the new ground compared to Dens and all your problems, financial and playing-wise, will be solved for ever more

Well, it's going to work in Aberdeen...

3 minutes ago, fraser_smfc said:

None of them were Scousers?

Clueless

A  stadium that was old and decrepit which had already  been raised by Loads of officials years before

Russia v England more violence in a safe stadium

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Obviously, the spin put on this by the Record is absurd and dishonest.

Dundee's statement is a good one, apart from the bit about banning reporters though.  Such measures always strike me as petty and counterproductive.

I disagree. If a so-called newspaper is going to print blatant mistruths then why should their employees be welcomed?

It’s different when reporters are banned for telling truths that clubs don’t like. I disagreed with us banning Jim Spence (I can’t remember exactly what it was for, but I know it was petty), and I disagree with Sevco banning* Chris McLaughlin. 

*cue the usual pish from the zombies. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

I disagree. If a so-called newspaper is going to print blatant mistruths then why should their employees be welcomed?

It’s different when reporters are banned for telling truths that clubs don’t like. I disagreed with us banning Jim Spence (I can’t remember exactly what it was for, but I know it was petty), and I disagree with Sevco banning* Chris McLaughlin. 

Yes, I'd agree that this is qualitatively different to the Rangers/BBC nonsense which involved no misrepresentation of facts.

I still think however that such a ban will achieve nothing and is unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, g0tti said:

Anyway this is Dundee thread not Epl

Here's an idea then...don't introduce stories about you going to EPL games for less than the club you support because of a bus company's pricing policy.

Also, they're ultimately futile as they'll just lift quotes from the pressers that go up on YouTube or whatever and I'd imagine they'll use syndicated match reports. Given absolutely no one will be buying the Record for their red hot Dundee #content then it's unlikely to affect them in the slightest.

It's the principle. I don't think anyone at Dens is currently sitting thinking, we've just made the Daily Record's life impossible. More, if the Daily Record are going to write blatant and damaging lies about the club, then why should we allow them access to our manager and players to get their 'scoop' every single week.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Totally agree. Hat tipped to Dundee for standing up to the lying, *** loving c***s. Keep the ban in place until they print an equally sized piece retracting their bile and apologising. That way you'll never have them soiling your ground again.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I'd agree that this is qualitatively different to the Rangers/BBC nonsense which involved no misrepresentation of facts.

I still think however that such a ban will achieve nothing and is unnecessary.

It’s more about the act than the effect. 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

It’s more about the act than the effect. 

Yes, I get that it's designed to have more symbolic value than material.

I'm just not convinced that it's got a great deal of either to be honest though.  Still, it's not me it's trying to appeal to I suppose.

12 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Here's an idea then...don't introduce stories about you going to EPL games for less than the club you support because of a bus company's pricing policy.

I never brought the EPL into it, I replied to it

Why the f**k would you go to an English premier league game instead of the team you support?

This. It also conveniently ignores travelling costs and food you need to buy when totting it all up.