All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, harry94 said:

To be fair to him, what I would say is that in his whole time here, I can only actually ever remember him getting booked for a tantrum once before. He usually has his wee strop but goes around in a circle and manages to stay on the verge. It is out of character and he has been a very disciplined player on the park and has always kept himself in check to avoid suspension.

I'm not sure it's that fair to ascertain that he never accepts criticism either and is just simply expressing negative energy. It can maybe seem a bit uncomfortable but we need players who don't shut up and keep vocal on the park for their inexperienced team mates. There's not been a single incident where a manager has been said to have an issue with this and quite often, he is the peacemaker in trying to calm his own team down and even rumoured to have intervened and sorted out a couple of training ground spats.

I know where you're coming from in the sense that it's frustrating to watch sometimes when he's having a bit of a shocker but I think you're maybe being a wee bit harsh. He's let us down here and went over the edge but he's only human and it's not something he usually does. Greg Stewart used to consistently pick up late bookings after being wound up and then miss vital games which was much more annoying behaviour (but acceptable since he'd hit a screamer in from 30 yards with similar consistency!).

Maybe I am being a bit harsh in parts but to get sent off after the match when you’ve had 5 minutes on the bench to calm down  is a shocker.  I’m judging the fact that he doesn’t accept criticism on the fact that whenever a team mate shouts at him he argues back.  I’ve seen him do it to Kerr (the Vice Captain) on several occasions.  

I suppose it doesn’t help when McCann constantly gets angry and  tries to blame lack of luck and the referee for most defeats instead of acknowledging our extremely poor options up front.

55 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Maybe I am being a bit harsh in parts but to get sent off after the match when you’ve had 5 minutes on the bench to calm down  is a shocker.  I’m judging the fact that he doesn’t accept criticism on the fact that whenever a team mate shouts at him he argues back.  I’ve seen him do it to Kerr (the Vice Captain) on several occasions.  

I suppose it doesn’t help when McCann constantly gets angry and  tries to blame lack of luck and the referee for most defeats instead of acknowledging our extremely poor options up front.

It is a shocker but it comes from a good place. McGowan and McCann both really, really want to win. They are just not great at expressing it after they have just lost.

To me McGowan is in a fortunate spot. There are some names in that squad that suck in all the negatives and have to go. In other circumstances McGowan would be on my list to clear out. We are in a spiral of diminishing returns with him. Trying really really hard and desperate to win doesnt add up to much for an effective football player.

26 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

To me McGowan is in a fortunate spot. There are some names in that squad that suck in all the negatives and have to go. In other circumstances McGowan would be on my list to clear out. We are in a spiral of diminishing returns with him. Trying really really hard and desperate to win doesnt add up to much for an effective football player.

There are a lot of soft benefits to having characters like that around, youngsters will be jumping to attention, however they might not mean much if we go down. I don't think we will mind.

I agree . He has done this for years.
Always having a go at someone and making a c**t of it.
I am not really a fan of him but he does try. Just think he is not very good and if we were to push forward and attempt to push up the league then we should be looking at better players than McGowan.

If we're going to push up the league we need better players in a number of positions before McGowans!

Only player I like in this team right now is basque Jon. Caulker has did okay

He hasn't really did anything wrong as of yet. ( basque Jon that is ).

We are shite. Is why for 2 seasons we are in a relegation battle.

However positive thoughts . An easy win on Saturday coming up :-)

No game this Saturday! A week on Saturday for the fermers!

3 minutes ago, K.T said:

Now that our financial statements have been released, how long will it be until Randomguy appears?

Why? We've made similar losses over the past few seasons, it'll likely continue to happen to all bottom half clubs until more money enters the Scottish game. Only profits are usually down to transfer fees.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

£740k for Stewart and Hemmings combined is pretty grim tbf.

Almost half the eventual fee we raked in for May. 

Minter.

More than what I thought in first place we got for both.

Good thing is or wishful thinking is we got a good fee for Hendry who was at club for 6 months.

I had estimated around £750k with Hemmings going for £250k and Stewart for £500k.

Quite surprised to read that the club are looking at a core support of 3.5k. 
Also, I'm possibly reading this the wrong way but it sounds like they're budgeting for Top 6 as well?

You think it would be higher or lower?

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

You think it would be higher or lower?

Higher, I had always imagined Dundee would have a slightly larger "core" support than us. Not least as it's a city and well, we have the ugly sisters on our doorstep too.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

£740k for Stewart and Hemmings combined is pretty grim tbf.

Old news as we were informed at the time this was what we received. Hemmings deal was shite but was due to the release clause he signed which enabled us to get him in the 1st place. 500k for Stewart who had less than a year left in his contract was decent enough. 

At least we can count on the little information that comes out of Dens to be correct for example the transfer fees unlike our dayglo neighbours.

Am I right in saying that the group who own Dundee and potentially  the new stadium  are 1 and the same  now after FPS name change? Is this fantastic news, does it now mean that the new complex is under the club’s ownership?

Quite surprised to read that the club are looking at a core support of 3.5k. 
Also, I'm possibly reading this the wrong way but it sounds like they're budgeting for Top 6 as well?

We get approximately between 3.5k and 4k season ticket holders per season. I assume that's what they are referring to. They do budget for top 6 every season, that is correct.

Almost half the eventual fee we raked in for May. 
Minter.

So roughly the same as we got for Hendry who we got for f**k all 6 months ago and we have replaced with a 26 year old England international* ? What’s your point caller?

*Boredomguy doesn’t recognise caps given to players in friendlies that are lost.