All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, srw said:

This one is certainly sick listening to his shite.

He is Hartley II, the same nonsense every week, same bizarre tactics, same tinkering, same shite results. 

Needs to just get the team to kick the ball into the goal more times than the opposition on a consistent basis and we'll be fine IMO

Just now, harry94 said:

Needs to just get the team to kick the ball into the goal more times than the opposition on a consistent basis and we'll be fine IMO

Sadly that seems to be have been evading us for quite some time.

7 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Dundee fans have been saying that for six months.. 

one win could be the difference between dragging ourselves clear or in the shit.

A very up and down StJ has to be the game for 3. Maybe a point against a defensive Hearts. So 4 possible but we are at a point where we have no idea what this team will do anymore. Losing all of them is certainly possible.

36 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Don't you think that's been McCanns failings all season long ?

IMO McCann is an egotistical wee tit, rigid in his belief that playing total football is the way forward for Dundee, his arrogance and persistance in pursuing this style of football with a playing personnel that isn't equipped to play in that manner will from my point of view mean he will be seeking new employers come August.

The sign of a capable manager is to implement a style of football and formation which best suits his squad, and not to try and mould a group of players into meeting a style which is beyond their capabilities. I won't deny I have no time for McCann and many dee fans may feel I am just attacking him because of my dislike for him , but if you are honest with yourself the points above are what the bulk of you have been saying all season. The guy think that playing an attractive style of football should suffice in retaining Dundee's premier league status, whilst the fans know that only winning points will accomplish that.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hopefully this geriatric *** will freeze to death with the incoming cold blast. Thank you.

Bit odd coming from a guy who's admitted he's in his late fifties. 

McCann’s constant moaning about referees does my nut in. There have been many games/seasons where I felt like the decisions were going against us but I don’t think I’ve felt robbed of points due to refereeing errors at any point this season. The blame lies with the players/manager.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hopefully this geriatric *** will freeze to death with the incoming cold blast. Thank you.

Charming.

You’re welcome.

McCann’s constant moaning about referees does my nut in. There have been many games/seasons where I felt like the decisions were going against us but I don’t think I’ve felt robbed of points due to refereeing errors at any point this season. The blame lies with the players/manager.

Totally agree.

41 minutes ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Totally agree.

Shock horror an admission by 2 dee fans acknowledging what every other fan knows, McCann is a whinging wee fud.

This season is going down as big as a disaster as last season's under Hartley was for me regardless if we stay up or not. I would begin to be excited at what McCann could do next season though. I don't believe he's gonna be an amazing manager for us but I do slightly tap into the Dark Blue tinted viewpoint that fans of their respective club do.

I reckon if he addresses the issues after having a season to build, we can be a real force. I'll accept no excuses next season though. If we don't sort out our forward line and bring in some creativity, we are in real trouble.

Those in theory, should be two simple things to fix provided we stay up and provided he doesn't hand out contracts to players he's not interested in playing. Then there's the potential for a lot to be positive about. It's all about getting this season over with and staying up. It's been as dire as last season and as frustrating as some of the first division seasons.

I know I’ll likely get shot down for this but it needs to be said:

Courier saying McGowan got sent off AFTER the Motherwell match for an A5 offence (using offensive, insulting or abusive language and / or gestures).  

Absolutely no point whatsoever taking it out on other people just because he had a poor game.  Acting like a big bairn having a tantrum isn’t showing that your dedicated to the cause.  The only thing it shows is  a complete lack of discipline.  He is now out for the St Johnstone game which is probably our most important game pre split.

All too often McGowan shouts and bawls at other players when they make mistakes but never accepts criticism from other players when he’s to blame.

35 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I know I’ll likely get shot down for this but it needs to be said:

Courier saying McGowan got sent off AFTER the Motherwell match for an A5 offence (using offensive, insulting or abusive language and / or gestures).  

Absolutely no point whatsoever taking it out on other people just because he had a poor game.  Acting like a big bairn having a tantrum isn’t showing that your dedicated to the cause.  The only thing it shows is  a complete lack of discipline.  He is now out for the St Johnstone game which is probably our most important game pre split.

All too often McGowan shouts and bawls at other players when they make mistakes but never accepts criticism from other players when he’s to blame.

To be fair to him, what I would say is that in his whole time here, I can only actually ever remember him getting booked for a tantrum once before. He usually has his wee strop but goes around in a circle and manages to stay on the verge. It is out of character and he has been a very disciplined player on the park and has always kept himself in check to avoid suspension.

I'm not sure it's that fair to ascertain that he never accepts criticism either and is just simply expressing negative energy. It can maybe seem a bit uncomfortable but we need players who don't shut up and keep vocal on the park for their inexperienced team mates. There's not been a single incident where a manager has been said to have an issue with this and quite often, he is the peacemaker in trying to calm his own team down and even rumoured to have intervened and sorted out a couple of training ground spats.

I know where you're coming from in the sense that it's frustrating to watch sometimes when he's having a bit of a shocker but I think you're maybe being a wee bit harsh. He's let us down here and went over the edge but he's only human and it's not something he usually does. Greg Stewart used to consistently pick up late bookings after being wound up and then miss vital games which was much more annoying behaviour (but acceptable since he'd hit a screamer in from 30 yards with similar consistency!).