All things Dundee FC

37 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Will the 6 points we gift you be enough to save you lads? Getting worried for you.

You must be Tam, its half seven on a Sunday morning when you've posted that.

Or you've shit the bed?

As I've said before McCann's love affair with the moose seems like it will never end, and continues to cost us. It must be a real comfort to our opponents when we start with 10 football players and some guy who looks likes he just wandered on the pitch every week. He then proceeds to stumble and bumble his way around the pitch, I'm baffled he still has defenders - unfortunately for me it would seem that our manager is his biggest fan.

Having AJLS on the bench while watching Moussa play football like a baby elephant for 90, 70 or 60 minutes before he gets a chance is criminal. I'm so well past the point of hoping he'll ever become a Premier league player that he'd be my last choice forward, and he'd be sitting with Wolters at this point. You could make a case that he gets a space on the bench right now because Haber is out for the season and Henvey is still dinged, but I'd actually have the new boy Cedwyn Scott on the bench. I've had it with this moose.

Oh and one more thing, please don't let Deacon take corner kicks please and thank you. Dundee 12 - Well 0 today in corners, may as well have been 100-0 if you can't get the ball past the first or second man. If Basque Jon is dropped (for whatever inane reason) then let Gowser take them as he isn't bad at it, but Deacon's attempts, dearie me.

I'm not too sure why people are complaining about the way the defence was set up today. What I kind of understand is the frustration at his tinkering but I actually thought we defended well today. Kamara switches off and they scored with their only attack of the game - still think it was offside. We dealt with everything else no problem.

Our problem is clear and it's the lack of goals. We created enough to score at least 3 but for some reason can't seem to put the ball in the net and haven't been able to all season. Moussa is frustrating the piss out of me because (and I know people who don't like him will disagree) but his hold up and link up play is excellent but his finishing and taking of chances is worse than any striker I have ever seen in my life. I can see why McCann is sticking with him but at the same time we need someone to be scoring regardless of how good they do everything else.

O'Hara needs dropped for Spence or Curran. That's 2 games he's brought absolutely nothing. There's definitely a player in there but I don't think a spell on the bench will do him any harm.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Thought Dundee played well yesterday and created more than enough to win the game, but the story of the season has been sloppy goals conceded and not taking chances costing the team.

On Wells goal yesterday. It's a clear foul on Kasunga by Main in the lead up to the goal, he's then offside when the ball is played over the top - which IMO are two very easy decisions for the officials to make. That said Kamara has to stop the cross and I think caulker has to do a lot better there too. The goal apart, the defence were very comfortable and solid and I can see why Kerr played left back.

Second half I thought Deacon was excellent, although his corners weren't great he was a constant threat. Thought McGowan had a very poor game yesterday too.

Still think Dundee have more than enough to stay out of trouble but really can't be losing games like yesterday where you dominate the game from beginning to end.

13 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

I honestly can't see us scoring from open play at any point in the near future......

Not really sure what AJLS brings to the team.....

I wish we could see more from El Bak, as I think he's got real talent.....

Agree that goals from open play will be limited.  Not surprising when we are about to enter March and our main striker still hasn’t scored, apart from penalties.  Add to that a midfield of Kamara and McGowan and that’s 3 players virtually guaranteed not to score a goal the entire season.  Prime example yesterday being McGowan had a chance to take a shot in the box but he still did his half pirouette speciality.  Worthy of at least a silver medal if he did it on the ice in Pyeongchang  but he wasn’t there he was in the penalty box at Dens - just shoot!  

AJLS is a limited striker but he will get some goals from inside the box if he gets the service.  I’d play him before Moussa every game.  Let him and Murray develop a partnership at least until Henvey is fit again.

El Bak for me is not a Premiership player.  He was only on for 10 minutes yesterday and took a shot from outside the penalty box when he was being closed down by a defender.  He should have been looking for the pass.  His concentration is also poor.  Sorry but he really is a lost cause.  

Moussa, Haber and El Bakh should be sacrificed infront of the Derry. Play Murray and AJLS together, as someone has already mentioned.

None of the others offer enough, despite having one or two plus points, their overall game is attrocious and deserves to be described as such. Four or fives minutes of good hold-up play is not good enough.

Next game is must win. Don’t fancy us in a playoff game, home OR away.

Moussa, possibly the worst player Ive had the misfortune of paying to watch.

Deacon, does well until the final ball, then makes Moussa look good.

Haber, just isnt interested.

El Bakh, anyone still backing him are delusional, the guy isnt good enough and never will be, absolute utter shite.

Murray, not passing judgement yet.

Leitch-Smith, does OK when playing, quite slow, probably the best we have.

Wolters, has two kegs for arsecheeks, kudos to Puma for providing shorts for him to get splinters in.

O'Hara, either scores or is playing hide and seek. Sadly missed since we played Partick in December, anyone know when he is due back?

And those are our strikers or attacking midfield options, if all were out of contract in the summer, Id keep maybe two of them. 

1 hour ago, srw said:

Moussa, possibly the worst player Ive had the misfortune of paying to watch.

Deacon, does well until the final ball, then makes Moussa look good.

Haber, just isnt interested.

El Bakh, anyone still backing him are delusional, the guy isnt good enough and never will be, absolute utter shite.

Murray, not passing judgement yet.

Leitch-Smith, does OK when playing, quite slow, probably the best we have.

Wolters, has two kegs for arsecheeks, kudos to Puma for providing shorts for him to get splinters in.

O'Hara, either scores or is playing hide and seek. Sadly missed since we played Partick in December, anyone know when he is due back?

And those are our strikers or attacking midfield options, if all were out of contract in the summer, Id keep maybe two of them. 

Ouch.  Painful reading but you’re pretty much spot on.

6 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Agree that goals from open play will be limited.  Not surprising when we are about to enter March and our main striker still hasn’t scored, apart from penalties.  Add to that a midfield of Kamara and McGowan and that’s 3 players virtually guaranteed not to score a goal the entire season.  Prime example yesterday being McGowan had a chance to take a shot in the box but he still did his half pirouette speciality.  Worthy of at least a silver medal if he did it on the ice in Pyeongchang  but he wasn’t there he was in the penalty box at Dens - just shoot!  

AJLS is a limited striker but he will get some goals from inside the box if he gets the service.  I’d play him before Moussa every game.  Let him and Murray develop a partnership at least until Henvey is fit again.

El Bak for me is not a Premiership player.  He was only on for 10 minutes yesterday and took a shot from outside the penalty box when he was being closed down by a defender.  He should have been looking for the pass.  His concentration is also poor.  Sorry but he really is a lost cause.  

El Bak came on at 87 mins as a wide midfielder and at least had a shot. AJLS replaced our so called No.9 at 56 mins and did f all.  At this stage I'd try a 5 man midfield (El Bak, Kamara, McGowan, O'Hara, Deacon) to try and give Murray some service. Certainly no more Moussa,. Hopefully Lambert, Curran, Wighton, and Henvey can make some sort of impact 

21 minutes ago, DieDee said:

El Bak came on at 87 mins as a wide midfielder and at least had a shot. AJLS replaced our so called No.9 at 56 mins and did f all.  At this stage I'd try a 5 man midfield (El Bak, Kamara, McGowan, O'Hara, Deacon) to try and give Murray some service. Certainly no more Moussa,. Hopefully Lambert, Curran, Wighton, and Henvey can make some sort of impact 

That’s exactly my point.  El Bak was only on for about 5 minutes and attempted a shot that was never on.  When he plays a full match the number of attacks that break down by him having a shot when it’s an extremely poor option just about reaches double figures.   It really isn’t acceptable for a professional footballer to consistently not know when to shoot and when to pass.  No point in just shooting when the shot is not on.  By under 13s you should know that.

Also, despite only being on for 5 minutes El Bak lost concentration and lost his man. This meant he had to run along side him back just about the entire length of the Derry.  He then gave away a foul about 1 metre from the corner flag.  Why run with the player and commit the foul so close to your own goal?   El Bak must know he’s so lightweight he can’t put in a proper tackle so commit the foul  further up the park.  That really is basic stuff.  He is simply not learning.

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I guess our top 6 won't happen ? Hoping mccann might reassess our situation.
10th will do and a clearly out in the summer of every c**t .
Keep our left back. I quite like Jon.

Our left back is Kerr (this week).  Possibly Caulker the next.  Who knows who McCann will have as our left back the week after though.

I reckon we'll get 1 point from that run of games. A draw with St Johnstone and lose the rest. Jesus. 

We’re your best bet for taking points off in that run. Problem is, if we build up a bit of a bad of steam we’ll be in a much better position to play you than say 3 weeks ago where we’d have rolled over and let you have all three points.

For all McCanns moaning about refereeing decisions, he’s never actually held his hands up and admitted he got it wrong. Dundee have had some decisions go their way this season for sure, certainly in the games against us, but it seems he’s adamant that the team aren’t winning because of this. Are Dundee fans not a bit tired of his constant mewling in the press about it? Surely it’d be better if he just come out and stated facts as opposed to his opinions.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yes. He is a c**t. I'm tired of his bullshit.
Would rather he just be honest .

Even some of the fans seem to think McCann is doing alright.

Has brought in plenty players.
Has no idea what his starting 11 is still.
Changes players every week.
Seem to think we are playing better means we are doing better than what Hartley done when he got sacked yet it's a results business.

I loved him as a player.
He bailed us out at the end of last season.

But this season he has made a c**t of it.

Not really sure if he can take us forward. Now we are fighting in a relegation battle.

Gave you a wee green dot for your honesty in this post.

Playing better gets you nowhere if you don't get points.

Jim Duffy did the same when we went down - tried to play football with 4-3-3.

Our first priority in any game should be not losing goals - constantly fucking about with the defensive formation and personnel is asking for trouble - stick with the same back 4 - the more they play together the less likely they will give away a comedy goal like we did on Saturday.

Also a set-pieces we should be using our best deliverer of the ball - Aurtenexe or McGowan - not Deacon.

Lastly, get Moussa in to the sea - if he wants a target man then play Kerr Waddell up top - at least he gets his headers and shots on target.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Are Dundee fans not a bit tired of his constant mewling in the press about it? Surely it’d be better if he just come out and stated facts as opposed to his opinions.

This one is certainly sick listening to his shite.

He is Hartley II, the same nonsense every week, same bizarre tactics, same tinkering, same shite results.