All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, kristov said:

That save was incredible.

We were amazing in the first half of that game and should have had 4 or 5.

We took it easy in the second half and cigared our way to the quarters but that was an opportunity missed to really hammer the Dons for once.

I remember that one well. I'm also fairly sure one of the studio pundits was Sandy Clark who described it as average and he shouldn't have been wrong footed anyway.

Clark was a bitter dick who had a massive problem with the Bonettis. 

If only the Bonetti's were employed as our full time scouts, we could have had some success in that era. I think there was some insane record back in Bonetti's season like if you chopped off the first 5 and last 5 minutes of every game, the results would have seen us win the title. Far too lackadaisical.

I remember that one well. I'm also fairly sure one of the studio pundits was Sandy Clark who described it as average and he shouldn't have been wrong footed anyway.

Sandy Clark- there's a name I'd forgotten. Bitter wee ex-perth fud 'pundit' with an axe to grind. Truly the Billy Dodds of his day.

If only the Bonetti's were employed as our full time scouts, we could have had some success in that era. I think there was some insane record back in Bonetti's season like if you chopped off the first 5 and last 5 minutes of every game, the results would have seen us win the title. Far too lackadaisical.

Catch-22. They wouldn't have come if not given the manager gig. I actually think Duffy was taking that squad places before all that reckless spending caught up with us - unlucky to not at least take EBT Plc to extra time in the cup final; ran a decent Serie A team close in the UEFA Cup; sitting 4th (?) In the league when the shit hit the fan.

1 hour ago, kristov said:

unlucky to not at least take EBT Plc to extra time in the cup final; ran a decent Serie A team close in the UEFA Cup; sitting 4th (?) In the league when the shit hit the fan.

#GloryDays

There was also a stat that we committed the least amount of fouls in the league yet had the most yellow and red cards in the league during that era.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

So that's when Dundee were good? Black and white days, nice to know.

The paper it's printed in went out of production last millennium.. 

IMG_9405.jpg

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

There was also a stat that we committed the least amount of fouls in the league yet had the most yellow and red cards in the league during that era.

I'm sure Willie Young stated he 'enjoyed' winding up Ivano in one of his after dinner speeches.