All things Dundee FC

My thoughts following last nights disaster....

Kerr - shadow of the player we saw last season. Confidence is rock bottom, shits himself at the thought of going forward and seems to consistently cut inside on his left to cross which is easy for the centre halves to defend
Angolan geezer - The jury is still out on him. Looks to be relatively comfortable with the ball at his feet
Caulker - sexy
O'Dea - A disaster waiting to happen
Spanish Jon - I just really don't get the hype about this fella. For me he's shown nothing. He looks heavy, can't seem to stop a cross. If Holt wasn't so poor I think he would stand out as even more of a passenger than he already does
Kamara - Been poor the past few weeks for his standards
O'Hara - He isn't a midfielder. We would benefit from playing him at right back. I surely can't be the only one who thinks that. Drifts in and out of games too much to play in the middle of the park
Spence - still can't make my mind up about him
El Bak - Stinking. I've done heavier dumps than him....he'd get bullied playing against 14 year olds
McGowan - 3 times last night he just kicked it aimlessly the way he was facing. Been one of our better players this season but wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped on Saturday
Deacon - Hot and Cold. Seems disinterested half the time
Moussa - Thought he did relatively well last night, linked up well with Murray and made a nuisance of himself
Murray - Looked lively enough, should have maybe done better with the chance he missed. Will need to watch it back

We lack width. Full backs are shit and so are the boys in front of them.
I can't go on Saturday thankfully but we really need to be more streetwise if we're to pick up anything in Maryhill

I’m pretty confident the General will turn out to be completely pish. He was booked early last night and every time the ball went near him I thought he was going clatter somebody. Especially after they went down to 10 I wasn’t surprised to see him hooked. I struggle how to see how NM rates him above Gadz.

I personally rate Jon, nothing flashy but pretty solid.

Can’t disagree with much of the rest but I think we all know Murray is a headless chicken at times. His big asset is pace but with our pedestrian, pedantic style he will rarely get the chance to show it.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m pretty confident the General will turn out to be completely pish. He was booked early last night and every time the ball went near him I thought he was going clatter somebody. Especially after they went down to 10 I wasn’t surprised to see him hooked. I struggle how to see how NM rates him above Gadz.

Can’t disagree with much of the rest but I think we all know Murray is a headless chicken at times. His big asset is pace but with our pedestrian, pedantic style he will rarely get the chance to show it.

Agree about Gadz....can't believe he hasn't even really made the bench this season. I can't recall him having a 'stinker' during his time here

Watched back at the 3 goals - first one I think Parish should have done a lot better but also poor covering by midfield. Nos 2 and 3 yet again we let them waltz part us - we need an enforcer who I would not be afraid to stop the run.

Goal 3 did have some misfortune in that Kamara was clearly fouled when they broke upon the park but the midfield were slower than a tortoise in supporting the defence.

A few thoughts.

1. Stop tinkering with the defensive formation.

2. Stop changing the defensive lineup

3. Midfield need to support defence and attack more than they do right now.

4. Get some fucking fight in the team - better a foul up the park than letting a team waltz past you. Other teams do it yet we are fucking powder puff.

5. Get Moussa/O'Dea in to the fucking sea.

6. Tell FEB to pass instead of trying to score 35 yard wondergoals once in a blue moon

7. Get midfield to be more direct instead of trying to walk the ball in to the net.

58 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Don’t let the fact that because Gadzhalov went up to all the stands after the game clapping and punching his chest cloud your judgement. Very guilty of falling asleep when balls are plain into his area. Meekings, Caulker and Waddell all better imo. 

Simple here for Lord McCann surely?

O’Dea - No
El Bak - No
Moussa - No

Haber - Lazy chunt yes but gets the odd goal at least. Good bench option.

Holt - Up and down like a whore’s undies. I don’t hate the guy but Basque Jon is better.

Posters here have rightly pointed out that with no Allan we have dick all creativity. This is the major worry but even without this element we scored 2 last night.

I’m gutted about last night but we’re better than the bottom two and will stay up.

Will McCann stay? I think so. I want to like the guy as he does spot some good eggs but he also loves his dross (very stubborn).

Simple here for Lord McCann surely?

O’Dea - No
El Bak - No
Moussa - No

Haber - Lazy chunt yes but gets the odd goal at least. Good bench option.

Holt - Up and down like a whore’s undies. I don’t hate the guy but Basque Jon is better.

Posters here have rightly pointed out that with no Allan we have dick all creativity. This is the major worry but even without this element we scored 2 last night.

I’m gutted about last night but we’re better than the bottom two and will stay up.

Will McCann stay? I think so. I want to like the guy as he does spot some good eggs but he also loves his dross (very stubborn).

Agree with the jist of the post but like I said in the Thistle match thread I think we're a better team with Moussa on the park just for his presence. Agree that we'll stay up but McCann HAS to realise that O'Dea is not the answer. Shame, because I like the guy and can't question his desire and passion.

I also think El Bak can be useful as an impact sub like he was at St Johnstone a few weeks ago.

28 minutes ago, Girth said:

Facts

Facts not wee cogs in your head churning, you have recorded 1 victory in the last 5 over us, the team currently bottom tore you lot a new arse beating you 4-1 at your patch 11 days ago

Fiction you deluded lot still think you are going to be top 6 lmfao.

11 hours ago, harry94 said:

Kerr, Caulker, Meekings/Kus and Jon - tell them to defend and we'll be fine.

This for me with Waddell in for the General as back up is my ideal defence - worked well enough with Hendry in place of Caulker anyway!

Fk knows who I'd play up top tho - I'd keep Moussa if we could just bring him on for penalties but El Baks too greedy and can't score unless hes 30 yards out and doesn't get long enough to think about it and Haber is a lazy wage thief that's either so injured he needs to retire or just can't be fkd anymore.

AJ is good but is too small and too slow & feck knows if Murray will make a difference but I feel he's a bit of a Boyle (all running and no final touch) so I can't help but think we'll need Henvey, Wighton or the new lad Cedwyn to step up.

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

On a more positive note, an I right in thinking Moussa has sent the goalkeeper the wrong way with every single one of his penalties? He sent McDonald down before the ball was kicked last night.

What a striker ! 4 penalties 4 goals and f**k all else, immense.

One of our biggest problems is that NM has no help from an experienced no2. Gartland is just a yes man, an experienced assistant would give advice and maybe try and talk him out of playing 3 at the back, o'dea and O’Hara. NM has a plan but his plan is flawed because we dont have the players to implement it yet, if we stay up and it's a big if, NM will get another summer to reshape the squad and hopefully get it right next season 

Think we’ve just got to hope Caulker’s ability, experience and nous pulls us through. Last night he was pushing up to the half way line trying to take the back line with him. Hopefully as he feels more confident in his position he will have more and more influence.

3 hours ago, Girth said:

2 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Fiction you deluded lot still think you are going to be top 6 lmfao.

LMFAO indeed.

When did the league suddenly reduce to 8 teams?