All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Is the Moussa v Haber discussion even worth it?  Combined they won’t be able to score 5 goals for the rest of the season.   Neither of them are good enough to play.  Same applies to El Bak and Wolters.

So who in the midfield is going to score?  McGowan  hasn’t mastered the art of shooting yet and he doesn’t win many headers in the box so we can rule him out.  Kamara hasn’t taken a shot yet so we can rule him out as well.  O’Hara will chip in with a few but that’s about it.

This won’t happen but McCann needs to be pragmatic and realise that no amount of playing out from the back and nice passing will win us enough points from now until the end of the season.  We simply don’t have the players with the knowledge or ability to play this way.  Play to Murray’s strengths.  Get the ball up to him quickly and see if he can create something with Henvey or Wighton when they are fit.  

Well if McCann is determined to play a large hold up man up front then it is a discussion we should have because if let's say that Haber and Moussa combined will score even 4 goals for the rest of the season then what you're saying is that Haber will score 4 goals the rest of the season. 4 goals could mean four wins if our defence comes together with Kusunga/Meekings and Caulker assuming Parish regains his form pre the last week. It could mean 3 wins and draw/loss, 1 win and a couple of draws and a loss. It could mean 12 points. How about even 6 points? Or 4 points. 

How big could scoring an extra 4 goals be? They could be huge, imo. I'd like to try Henvey and Murray, but we don't know what Henvey's status is so what about AJLS and Murray. NM is so desperate to have the moose succeed that I fear he we will be sent out until the bitter end until we're dragged straight out of this league.

Maybe if Neil was frustrated by seeing his strikers miss sitters (which they've done all season) he shouldn't have waited until the last day of the transfer window to try and address this. Every man and their dog could see we needed another striker (arguably two) and we did practically f**k all about it. That's criminal.

1 hour ago, CanadianDee said:

Well if McCann is determined to play a large hold up man up front then it is a discussion we should have because if let's say that Haber and Moussa combined will score even 4 goals for the rest of the season then what you're saying is that Haber will score 4 goals the rest of the season. 4 goals could mean four wins if our defence comes together with Kusunga/Meekings and Caulker assuming Parish regains his form pre the last week. It could mean 3 wins and draw/loss, 1 win and a couple of draws and a loss. It could mean 12 points. How about even 6 points? Or 4 points. 

How big could scoring an extra 4 goals be? They could be huge, imo. I'd like to try Henvey and Murray, but we don't know what Henvey's status is so what about AJLS and Murray. NM is so desperate to have the moose succeed that I fear he we will be sent out until the bitter end until we're dragged straight out of this league.

My point was that Haber and Moussa should only play again as an absolute last resort.  We should be trying something different.  Settling for 5 goals between now and the end of the season will not be enough to keep us up.  We will concede goals if only because other teams are capable of capitalising on mistakes.

A few people saying Moussa can hold up play.  Yes he can but by and large he is unable to link in with other players.  He has had zero assists this season and zero goals from open play.  For a striker that is utterly indefensible  at this stage of the season.   I can’t believe anyone thinks we should continue trying with him.

Haber goes missing if he’s up against a big physical defender, which unfortunately is exactly what most of the teams around us have.  He is better at linking up with other players but he is too lazy to give the player he held up the ball  for an option of a return pass.  He isn’t too clever in front of goal either.

30 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

My point was that Haber and Moussa should only play again as an absolute last resort.  We should be trying something different.  Settling for 5 goals between now and the end of the season will not be enough to keep us up.  We will concede goals if only because other teams are capable of capitalising on mistakes.

A few people saying Moussa can hold up play.  Yes he can but by and large he is unable to link in with other players.  He has had zero assists this season and zero goals from open play.  For a striker that is utterly indefensible  at this stage of the season.   I can’t believe anyone thinks we should continue trying with him.

Haber goes missing if he’s up against a big physical defender, which unfortunately is exactly what most of the teams around us have.  He is better at linking up with other players but he is too lazy to give the player he held up the ball  for an option of a return pass.  He isn’t too clever in front of goal either.

Well I was going on the assumption that:

a) If NM is determined to keep playing with a large target man type of guy that it should be Haber over Moussa not that we have to play either one of them. Simply that if that type of player he is determined to play then it has to be Haber where there is at least the potential of goal scoring both with head and feet and the occasional assist. Moussa is capable of none of this.

b) I wasn't saying that we'll only score 5 more goals this season I was factoring in that O'Hara, McGowan, Waddell/Kusunga/Caulker and AJLS/Murray/Henvey chipping in as well. Obviously only scoring 5 more goals this season would spell automatic relegation. My point was that if we are hoping to get 4 or 5 goals out of Haber and/or Moussa between now and the end of the season then it has to be Haber playing as there is no chance of Moussa doing it!

We actually agree in that I don't know why anyone would ever want to see Moussa step on the field for us again, I'm baffled that people on social media are saying stuff like 'he works hard', and 'he's low on confidence and if he gets one he can go on a run', it's utter madness that he hasn't been binned to a seat next to Wolters by now until we can figure out how to get rid of him. And although I support the manager his blindspot where Moussa is concerned is worrying to say the least.

19 hours ago, dd23 said:

To be honest I swapped for the Cox a couple of years ago and the fanny count was not dissimilar. The stadium is full of fannies because it’s full of people who have been let down for most of their lifetimes, that’s what’s going to happen. They keep going when many haven’t and as you pointed out less than 4000 home fans for a home tie against what should have been beatable opposition is scary and depressing stuff.
Having said that Cannigia’s home debut against the same opponents only got 7000 odd if I remember, sad but true.

I go to the main centre stand because that’s the first view I ever had of Dens back in the early 70s with my old man. I hate watching from the ends and the Derry is a worm’s eye view comparatively.
I should say I’m not a booer, but watching our supposed strike force this year is a new and special kind of torture, it does give you a laugh though.
The most hotly contested award at the dinner this year will be sitter of the season.

Caniggia's debut was yet another game that we lost. We have a poor home record because of the fact the fans are on the players case from kick off. It's always been like that at dens since I started going to games in 1995

Steven is a Corker of a signing!

I have no doubt that Caulker will fill in the gap left by Hendry; he'll help Dundee seal a place in the top-six.

Let's take a moment to reflect on the events that led to Dundee gambling on Steven Caulker...

The Hated, The Rated & The Immolated
The Triumvirate Transfer Saga:

– |  Hamilton scammed out of £1million, after investing in a ‘Nigerian prince’.

– |  Craig Gordon attempts to end Efe Ambrose's career by diving into him; Gordon ends his own career by diving into Ambrose.

– |  The Nigeria international receives a lump sum – presumably compensation from Craig Gordon?

– |  Celtc want a backup keeper; the Second-Hand Hoops throw pennies at the Wishing 'Well. 

– |  Motherwell reject pittance pennies; Scott Bain's treacherous ears begin to burn... A transfer saga is afoot.

– |  Rumour of Bain’s desire to turnaround on a Hibs deal filters through to The Chubby Baller: master of turnarounds... The two collude on moves away.

Spoiler

– |  Snake Allan & Rat Bain begin conversing in ‘Snake Nihongo’ (their own ‘emoji’ variant of Pig Latin)...

TmobnJ8.png
ycCLsaL.png
yZtKGPA.png

– |  Bain vanishes.

– |  Jack Hendry joins Celtc for a record fee, following a transfer triangle being agreed between three clubs.

– |  Rat Bain reappears, signing a Celtc contract in a Hibs kit; the Jambo moves from Dundee - again. (More clubs than a Hibernian-branded pack of cards.)

– |  Snake Allan shows that he has no backbone by slithering back to Hibs.

– |  Tangerine-headed Simon Murray heads to Dundee as part of the deal.

- |  McCann pulls rabbit out of the hat, by signing Steven Caulker on an 18-month deal.

- |  Caulker's wages revealed to have been covered by anonymous donor.

- |  Hibernian's Nigerian Prince reveals that he has spent his 'compensation' money.

tl;dr

h8lk56N.png

Thank You...

Thank You...

Thank You...

Thank You...

Edited by Allan d’Or
Quantity > quality

Steven is a Corker of a signing!
I have no doubt that Caulker will fill in the gap left by Hendry; he'll help Dundee seal a place in the top-six.

Let's take a moment to reflect on the events that led to Dundee gambling on Steven Caulker...

The Hated, The Rated & The Immolated
The Triumvirate Transfer Saga:

– |  Hamilton scammed out of £1million, after investing in a ‘Nigerian prince’.
– |  Craig Gordon attempts to end Efe Ambrose's career by diving into him; Gordon ends his own career by diving into Ambrose.
– |  The Nigeria international receives a lump sum – presumably compensation from Craig Gordon?
– |  Celtc want a backup keeper; the Second-Hand Hoops throw pennies at the Wishing 'Well. 
– |  Motherwell reject pittance pennies; Scott Bain's treacherous ears begin to burn... A transfer saga is afoot.

– |  Rumour of Bain’s desire to turnaround on a Hibs deal filters through to The Chubby Baller: master of turnarounds... The two collude on moves away.
– |  Snake Allan & Rat Bain begin conversing in ‘Snake Nihongo’ (their own ‘emoji’ variant of Pig Latin)...
TmobnJ8.png
ycCLsaL.png
yZtKGPA.png
– |  Bain vanishes.
– |  Jack Hendry joins Celtc for a record fee, following a transfer triangle being agreed between three clubs.
– |  Rat Bain reappears, signing a Celtc contract in a Hibs kit; the Jambo moves from Dundee - again. (More clubs than a Hibernian-branded pack of cards.)
– |  Snake Allan shows that he has no backbone by slithering back to Hibs.
– |  Tangerine-headed Simon Murray heads to Dundee as part of the deal.

- |  McCann pulls rabbit out of the hat, by signing Steven Caulker on an 18-month deal.
- |  Caulker's wages revealed to have been covered by anonymous donor.

- |  Hibernian's Nigerian Prince reveals that he has spent his 'compensation' money.

tl;dr
h8lk56N.png
Thank You...

Thank You...

Thank You...

Thank You...

I’m afraid that went over my head bro.

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'd rather start with Murray and Henvey than have either Moussa or Haber in the team.

Henvey's goal against Hamilton recently was just the type of penalty box striker's goal that we have been crying out for. For all AJLS is touted by some on this forum since he arrived in mid September he has made a positive, results wise, difference in just 2 games. I would say he hasn't contributed much at all in most of the other games. That we don't have genuine strikers shouldn't be an excuse to effectively play with 10 men.  Murray (90 mins) / Henvey and/or El Bak and/or Haber (other 90 mins). Pleeease no more AJLS/Moussa.

Wighton and Lambert to share the No. 10 role 

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

Mon Dieu used to be an incredible poster at the right moments but he's put far too much effort lately into massive posts that are worth no more than about 3 greenies.

Too much, IMO.

This. Hes gone down the route of quantity over quality, a real shame.

Saw the cup "highlights" on TV (BTW woman commentator said that we had a couple of decent chances in the first half, but didn't bother showing them!!), and have to say that Parrish didn't look good for either goal.

Also, why can't we get a cunting striker that can score from open play??????