All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Re; Marquee signing,

I found myself in the murky depths of TDB forum (before you do, please remember that things cannot be un seen) and their "ITK" thoughts on the marquee signing are;

Kyle Lafferty (He is ODea's in law or some shit)

Clint Dempsy (Because he is a yank and some boy at Celtic said he heard a rumour)

Kris Commons (More "ITK" shite)

Whats the thoughts from the more level headed P&B Dee's?

I'd rather have 11 players with the attitude of Kerr and O'Dea than paying over the odds for someone who has seen better days.  I'm never convinced you get 100% from a player that's on the wind down.

The board have been trying for a while to get Scott Allan level signings through the door. Last season they had Christie and May very close to signing on loan before being trumped by Aberdeen and Preston respectively. Both of whom can pay significantly more than Dundee. So they have been trying to get quality in for a while.

A CH and a striker and I think the teams in decent shape:

Bain

Kerr
O'Dea
New CH
Holt

Vincent
O'Hara

El bak
Allan
Deacon

New striker

The basis of a decent starting XI.

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

The board have been trying for a while to get Scott Allan level signings through the door. Last season they had Christie and May very close to signing on loan before being trumped by Aberdeen and Preston respectively. Both of whom can pay significantly more than Dundee. So they have been trying to get quality in for a while.

I can tell you for a fact May was never returning to Scotland at any point on loan. Sheffield Wednesday owed us a £400k payment that Summer and were hell bent on getting someone else to pay it.

I can tell you for a fact May was never returning to Scotland at any point on loan. Sheffield Wednesday owed us a £400k payment that Summer and were hell bent on getting someone else to pay it.

Very interesting.

In fact last Summer May had already spent a season at Preston and wasn't even halfway through recovering from his knee disintegrating, so I've no idea how they beat you to his signature :lol:

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In fact last Summer May had already spent a season at Preston and wasn't even halfway through recovering from his knee disintegrating, so I've no idea how they beat you to his signature :lol:

tenor.gif 

2 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

A CH and a striker and I think the teams in decent shape:

Bain

Kerr
O'Dea
New CH
Holt

Vincent
O'Hara

El bak
Allan
Deacon

New striker

The basis of a decent starting XI.

Throw in Hemmings and Meekings then you've got enough to make me rip the head off it.

Thank you.

I'd be really disappointed if Higgins left, he looked really good whenever he played (albeit in a fucking shite team.)

On another note, a Jambo in my work is convinced they're signing Gorgeous Greg after he was apparently spotted at Tynecastle yesterday/Sunday. Don't do it Greg :(

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Re; Marquee signing,

I found myself in the murky depths of TDB forum (before you do, please remember that things cannot be un seen) and their "ITK" thoughts on the marquee signing are;

Kyle Lafferty (He is ODea's in law or some shit)

Clint Dempsy (Because he is a yank and some boy at Celtic said he heard a rumour)

Kris Commons (More "ITK" shite)

Whats the thoughts from the more level headed P&B Dee's?

Kyle Lafferty - Bit of a violent carthorse when he played for the ***s a few years ago. Still half decent, but not an out and out prolific striker. High wages. Verdict: Get him into the fucking sea. 

Clint Dempsey - Aged 34, would be looking for a decent wedge to supplement retirement. Verdict: Get him into the fucking sea

Kris Commons - Scored a couple of goals and did little else at a level below ours for Hibs. Also consistently fat and unfit. Verdict: Get him into the fucking sea.