All things Dundee FC

Was he any good? Must confess I don't think I've seen him play.

I think he was quite a bit from being able to play at this sort of level to be brutally honest.

He might mature well but think we had to let him go as I don't think we would have been seeing him realistically transition into a first time player any time soon and he is/will be 21.

22 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Was he any good? Must confess I don't think I've seen him play.

The Arbroath guys seem to like the look of him but only view him as a squad player from what I understand a back-up for Linn, Dorris etc but think he is promising player for their level based on his loan spells.

Don't think McCann will be given that big a budget but if he can get Meekings, Draper, Jones and Leahy (now ex Falkirk - and push Holt to left Mid) that would transform the team. I expect Wighton and El Bak to come on leaps and bounds this season, especially with a solid base in the team  

Don't think McCann will be given that big a budget but if he can get Meekings, Draper, Jones and Leahy (now ex Falkirk - and push Holt to left Mid) that would transform the team. I expect Wighton and El Bak to come on leaps and bounds this season, especially with a solid base in the team  

Leahy signing is for Walsall.

1 minute ago, WilliamWallace said:

How was did Bain perform last season, didn't really see much of him because I usually only watch Dundee when there playing hearts or in the Dundee derby but his performance in the derbys was exceptional!

Arguably shite this season, made some good saves but was a liability most of the season, just seemed like he didn't want to be playing for us. Big change under McCann though in the at least 3 of the last  5 games, can't speak for the last two as haven't witnessed them in person.

54 minutes ago, WilliamWallace said:

How was did Bain perform last season, didn't really see much of him because I usually only watch Dundee when there playing hearts or in the Dundee derby but his performance in the derbys was exceptional!

What derby's :whistle

Arguably shite this season, made some good saves but was a liability most of the season, just seemed like he didn't want to be playing for us. Big change under McCann though in the at least 3 of the last  5 games, can't speak for the last two as haven't witnessed them in person.

Good was hoping he wasn't going to flop, hopefully he comes strong this season, is his contract up at the end of this year?

12 hours ago, WilliamWallace said:

Good was hoping he wasn't going to flop, hopefully he comes strong this season, is his contract up at the end of this year?

Yeah, is contracted till end of upcoming season. Was rumored to be getting moved on this summer but does seem to be staying now.

There is a possiblity he might sign a new contract under McCann providing we have a good season and the team show signs of improvement, hoping that's the case as he's not a player I feel we should be allowing to leave on a free.

He's arguably one of our only assets currently and a player I'd rather see a transfer fee for so it can be reinvested in the team, had hopes he'd end up breaking our record sale, which I believe is still Big Rab to Celtic, but his stock has certainly dropped this year. 

Hartley taking the club to court over his sacking, Wee brassed necked c**t. Won't get a penny IMO.

Had a lot of respect for him, but now he's acting like a fucking dick. You're right, he won't get a penny.

It should be us taking legal action against him for some of those signings ffs