All things Dundee FC

I always thought Hartley was a decent manager (but not a decent person).  All managers have ups and downs. Surely he would have got a win against both Kilmarnock and Motherwell and kept you up. 

Do none of you think you let him go to early, or does the fact that he's a c**t mean that no well rid

1 minute ago, Insaintee said:

I always thought Hartley was a decent manager (but not a decent person).  All managers have ups and downs. Surely he would have got a win against both Kilmarnock and Motherwell and kept you up. 

Do none of you think you let him go to early, or does the fact that he's a c**t mean that no well rid

Early? At least 8 months too late

Be ready for more disappointments, very small pond Scottish fitba and I'm sure they'll all know what's there to work with! Doubt very much also that there's really much of a budget or a massively tempting salary so be prepared for one of the out of work usual suspects currently waiting their turn on the merry-go-round

Be ready for more disappointments, very small pond Scottish fitba and I'm sure they'll all know what's there to work with! Doubt very much also that there's really much of a budget or a massively tempting salary so be prepared for one of the out of work usual suspects currently waiting their turn on the merry-go-round

Very true.
It's not like the board need to look far for an example of a club that let its prize assets go for a song and are at shit creek's source two years later, hope they can find a way to show some ambition.
Same old shite will produce just that.

17 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Not soon enough, there were signals from mid 2015/16 season, I don't know why we kept hold of him so long.

He should have been punted before the transfer window opened in January, or at the end of last season. There are numerous things I didn't like about him, particularly  his lack of width in tactics, lack of plan B after McPake got crocked, and his loan signings. Only one of them was any good and he got crocked and had to be sent back to his parent club, the rest all sat on the bench gathering dust as if they were still at their parent club.

I'm skeptical about how he dealt with Harkins as well but I'm not sure anyone knows what went on there.

and

Don't even get me started on his lack of passion in interviews, want to punch him every time I watched an interview.

Edited by dburns

7 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Damn, I was daring to dream of getting past the group stage this season.

Sorry, I should of said screw the League Cup AGAIN this season.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I take it this pep guardiola/conte/alloa fucker has said no then?

Probably saw Haber is contracted till 2019 and shat himself.

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

McCann is at 1/9 on Sky Bet - drifting out from the 1/20 earlier on.

More likely he's drifting as folk will have been seeing Jack Ross at 7/1 earlier and backing it, hence him coming back into 5s.

7 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Do folk actually bet on this?

The manager market isn't the busiest but it can be lively at times and very fluid based on tips/insider info. It's also cracking for backing and laying if you get any tips. As an example, you could have laid off Jack Ross being Dundee manager on Betfair at any point in the last two days and then backed him tonight on SkyBet when he's drifted so much and you'd have made a killing regardless of the outcome.

I got one in work a couple of years ago when Mark McGhee went back to Motherwell (didn't realise at the time the guy's boy was a Motherwell player) and had a look on McBookie to stick maybe a tenner on it, saw he was 16/1 and thought there was no chance so left it alone. 20 mins later he'd dropped to 1/10, and within an hour he was appointed and I was raging about it.

Edited by djchapsticks