All things Dundee FC

Some of us have other people working for them while we browse the internet, register funny domain names and order pointless things via Amazon Prime.

NB. To the other Paisley folk trying to muscle in on Coventry Saint and I's wager; you can either find another Dundee fan to match the bet or put your money on the lottery. You've as much chance of wining.

Thank you.

So you're telling me that John Nelms flew to Spain, parachuted onto the sun lounger next to Jack Ross whilst holding a suitcase full of money and the c**t said no? Clearly this man does not possess enough evil within him to be a successful manager. An Ian Cathro if ever I saw one.

15 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Some of us have other people working for them while we browse the internet, register funny domain names and order pointless things via Amazon Prime.

NB. To the other Paisley folk trying to muscle in on Coventry Saint and I's wager; you can either find another Dundee fan to match the bet or put your money on the lottery. You've as much chance of wining.

Thank you.

Are they not called Carers

Surely Dundee should have had a manager in place by now anyway. You guys were safe well before the last couple of fixtures. I'd have thought a few days after that would have been time for McCann to give you a yes or no to staying in place rather than a week after the season finished. A search for another manager could then have been done by now.

The Jack Ross situation adds to it, we clearly don't want him to go, so negotiations are going to be less than smooth, but all the while it's time that other managers will be using for the new season preparations. What is it 6 weeks till the league cup games?

27 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Stubbs was mentioned. I think he'd be good.

Personally, I would be open to having Stubbs, although most people have made a laughing stock out of him after his short spell at Rotherham United. He did quite well with Hibs, despite not getting them promoted twice. He did win the Scottish Cup and winning a cup is the best any team other than Celtic can currently hope for in Scotland. I think he has enough about him to be good manager for us.

11 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Surely Dundee should have had a manager in place by now anyway. You guys were safe well before the last couple of fixtures. I'd have thought a few days after that would have been time for McCann to give you a yes or no to staying in place rather than a week after the season finished. A search for another manager could then have been done by now.

The Jack Ross situation adds to it, we clearly don't want him to go, so negotiations are going to be less than smooth, but all the while it's time that other managers will be using for the new season preparations. What is it 6 weeks till the league cup games?

We should have, I'm annoyed as anyone that our board held out for McCann, although said they had interviewed others... Surely one of them would have been possibilities. Why do they seem to be so convinced Jack Ross is the man for the job if he doesn't appear to be too interested and won't have been interviewed? Personally, I think he's too inexperienced yet. We need a manager who has experienced some failure at least, so far he's only achieved the targets that were set out for him.

Whoever we end up hiring, I'll get behind them regardless.

Edited by dburns
I derped.

Just now, dburns said:

Personally, I'm would be open to having Stubbs, although most people have made a laughing stock out of him after his short spell at Rotherham United. He did quite well with Hibs, despite not getting them promoted twice. He did win the Scottish Cup and winning a cup is the best any team other than Celtic can currently hope for in Scotland. I think he has enough about him to be good manager for us.

He did smash Hibs 114 year winless run in the Scottish Cup. Maybe he could bust your 107 year winless run.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

He did smash Hibs 114 year winless run in the Scottish Cup. Maybe he could bust your 107 year winless run.

Rumor has it a spooky old witch cursed us never to win it again, but I'm not into all that superstitious nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Favourite with McBookie

dungpee.JPG

Wonder who the numskulls are who are betting on Stevie Aitken, he just signed a new 2 year deal with Dumbarton yesterday did he not?

It seems the indications that the board had were McCann was going to stay and they were genuinely shocked when he never did.

It's not ideal but it's one of these things that you can't really do much about.

39 minutes ago, dburns said:

Personally, I would be open to having Stubbs, although most people have made a laughing stock out of him after his short spell at Rotherham United. He did quite well with Hibs, despite not getting them promoted twice. He did win the Scottish Cup and winning a cup is the best any team other than Celtic can currently hope for in Scotland. I think he has enough about him to be good manager for us.

We should have, I'm annoyed as anyone that our board held out for McCann, although said they had interviewed others... Surely one of them would have been possibilities. Why do they seem to be so convinced Jack Ross is the man for the job if he doesn't appear to be too interested and won't have been interviewed? Personally, I think he's too inexperienced yet. We need a manager who has experienced some failure at least, so far he's only achieved the targets that were set out for him.

Whoever we end up hiring, I'll get behind them regardless.

out of greenies will send one later, 

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCann making a u turn?!

Makes you wonder if Ross rejecting Dundee has forced them back to McCann with a higher offer, rather than face an absolute huddy like Stubbs or Pressley.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Makes you wonder if Ross rejecting Dundee has forced them back to McCann with a higher offer, rather than face an absolute huddy like Stubbs or Pressley.

Or whilst we've been in pursuit of Ross, McCann has changed his mind and forced us to backtrack?

I'd be happy with either Ross or McCann. The alternative is unthinkable if it is to be the likes of Stubbs or Pressley.