All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'd be very happy if he has but where did you see this?

Here you go:

"MacGregor said: “We have had no approach and we won’t welcome any approaches.

“He is not interested, he’s doing a job and he’s halfway through that.

“We want to make it very clear, with no ambiguity, that he’s going nowhere.”"

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/1256666/staggies-chairman-says-mcintyre-going-nowhere-amid-interest-dundee/

Edited by capt_oats

Is it just me but I dont get the buzz about Jack Ross? 
He kept St Mirren in the Championship with a squad of players that should of been pushing for promotion imo. 
And he did not bad at Alloa, well so did Hartley.
I just cant get excited about this one.

Who would you get excited about?

I have to say I've always quite liked Jim McIntyre but I'm probably in a minority of 1. I doubt big ears would come back to Dens and I wouldn't want him to. JM lives in Dunblane so a lot less travelling for the boy.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

I have a feeling that this is going to get very messy. If Ross becomes Dundee manager, I think we'll see some court dates.

Presumably football managers' contracts have "restrictive covenants" put in them which basically stops them from resigning and taking a new job.

The legal question is whether or not such a covenant is reasonable for someone resigning from St Mirren and taking an equivalent job at Dundee. The usual test is "is the new employer a direct competitor to the old one?". Both are football clubs, but we're not in the same division (so aren't competitors on the field), and nor are we in the same town/city/local authority (so aren't competitors in a business sense). 

Could be interesting if such things were ever tested.

Edited by The Master

57 minutes ago, Dariusz said:

How the f**k could it ever be Alex Rae. We sacked him years ago and he did his best to get St Mirren relegated just last season. Surely I'm at shorter odds than him.

He hilariously threw his own hat in the ring when Hartley was sacked, IIRC. Everything that certain Dees on here warned us about when he took over, came to pass. Specifically his inexplicable myopia over the midfield positions. 

I'm pretty sure he's got to be finished as a football manager. Still, he's a person SkyBet have heard of, so stick him on the list!

Who's that guy that runs the facebook page and where did he start pulling Temuri Ketsbaia's name from?

Fair enough he played for us for a bit but he's got to be way out of range in what the club can afford as a Manager, he's had some pretty good jobs since hanging up his boots.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren are older. We're the "Saintees" anyway.

Hearing the "Saintees" makes me think of the fingers wiggling from the chin and going "Ooooooh the Saintees" Like in Chewin the fat.