All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Dundee are probably a marginally bigger club in a higher division. He could have some bad luck with injuries and the St Mirren fans screaming for his head in 10 months time. With us he will half a top 6 budget - if he's got anything about him, he'll listen to what's on offer but I'd reckon it's far from a done deal.

Who gets the other half?

Just now, Fifespud said:

I would imagine Tommy Wright, wouldn't you?

I think Neil and Lambert would be their top targets, as they'll likely want to copy the success they had bringing McInnes up the road. Then they'd look at Ross and Wright, and Ross will be cheaper.

I think Neil and Lambert would be their top targets, as they'll likely want to copy the success they had bringing McInnes up the road. Then they'd look at Ross and Wright, and Ross will be cheaper.

No matter what the chances of Tommy being at St Johnstone at the start of next season must be very slim.

Just now, Fifespud said:

No matter what the chances of Tommy being at St Johnstone at the start of next season must be very slim.

Well yes, they grow slimmer with the ending of every season.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alan Stubbs, Alex McLeish, no?

Jack Ross will make the step to a bigger club like Aberdeen at some point. I reckon it may be a wee bit soon yet though. Aberdeen got burned pretty badly before with Steve Paterson and his inexperience (although that had a lot to do with his personal issues)

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Alan Stubbs, Alex McLeish, no?

Jack Ross will make the step to a bigger club like Aberdeen at some point. I reckon it may be a wee bit soon yet though. Aberdeen got burned pretty badly before with Steve Paterson and his inexperience (although that had a lot to do with his personal issues)

Aberdeen are too smart to go for Stubbs, who pretty much failed at Hibs apart from one good cup run. McLeish won't manage a club again.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes, they grow slimmer with the ending of every season.

Tommy Wright is a bit of a strange one in that he seems to fly under the radar in terms of being linked to other jobs whilst the job he's done at St. Johnstone has been nothing short of exceptional.

He's also a bit of a rarity in that he's a former goalkeeper who has gone on to be a good manager.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Tommy Wright is a bit of a strange one in that he seems to fly under the radar in terms of being linked to other jobs whilst the job he's done at St. Johnstone has been nothing short of exceptional.

He's also a bit of a rarity in that he's a former goalkeeper who has gone on to be a good manager.

He's turned down one or two League One sides in Summers gone by, according to folk on WAP, and I'm sure he admitted as much in a recent interview, where he admitted he wants a bigger job, and is desperate to manage in England, but isn't going to throw away what he has with us for a club that "doesnt feel right". 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He's turned down one or two League One sides in Summers gone by, according to folk on WAP, and I'm sure he admitted as much in a recent interview, where he admitted he wants a bigger job, and is desperate to manage in England, but isn't going to throw away what he has with us for a club that "doesnt feel right". 

Exactly what we're clinging to in regards to Jack Ross. He has a good thing going with us just now and is still only at the start. Given that Jack and our chairman have a good working and personal relationship, I'd be amazed if the statement from the club tonight has been done without Jack's OK.

I fully expect a new contract on the table in the next couple of weeks as reward for sticking with us, if he does.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Exactly what we're clinging to in regards to Jack Ross. He has a good thing going with us just now and is still only at the start. Given that Jack and our chairman have a good working and personal relationship, I'd be amazed if the statement from the club tonight has been done without Jack's OK.

I fully expect a new contract on the table in the next couple of weeks as reward for sticking with us, if he does.

Yup, I can't see him leaving St Mirren for Dundee, its just Mallan all over again.

The fact Dundee fans are all getting so excited about him being the bookies favourite, despite the fact hes only the bookies favourite because all the Dundee fans are building the story up to the point where everyones betting on him, is just what happens to them constantly. It'll be Pressley or a total "unknown"

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Shite. Silly old me has accidentally gone into the St Mirren and St Johnstone thread.

Here's a question - which is the original "Saints"?

Spoiler

cancer.png 

Just now, The Master said:

Here's a question - which is the original "Saints"?

Reveal hidden contents

cancer.png 

St Mirren are older. We're the "Saintees" anyway.