All things Dundee FC

Kevin Holt is a solid left back for this level. Never going to be a world beater but has come on leaps and bounds. Boy could be roberto Carlos and would still get plenty of abuse though, people have definitely made up their mind on him. 

Kevin Holt is a solid left back for this level. Never going to be a world beater but has come on leaps and bounds. Boy could be roberto Carlos and would still get plenty of abuse though, people have definitely made up their mind on him. 

Agreed. He's shown good progress over his time at Dens and hopefully he can continue to kick on.

Agreed. He's shown good progress over his time at Dens and hopefully he can continue to kick on.

People want us to sign young talent from the lower leagues and then moan like f**k when they're not the finished article. He's made good progress, I suspect he'll move more centrally next season and I think he might just surprise us. Hope so anyway.

Interesting about Bain. Shows the players aren't hating or blaming him which says something.

I'd like us to sign another left back and move Holt further forward into midfield. He's so similar to Craig Forsyth. Not great at defending, often caught too square, and that's why he struggles to deal with aggressive wingers.

Kevin Holt is as good as a man down against any team with pace down the wings, which funnily enough is something most top-tier teams possess, and we have lacked since...well, as long as I can remember. Unless you're counting Freddie Daquin...[emoji848]

I think that Bain getting players player highlights that he obviously has the right attitude towards the team and probably cares more about the club than most folk give him credit for. Or the players see it as a good thing that he gives it back to the moaners. Or that he gets paid absoloute shite wages for what he does. 

Whatever it is, the moaners need to take a step back and have a think about how cunty they have been.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think that Bain getting players player highlights that he obviously has the right attitude towards the team and probably cares more about the club than most folk give him credit for. Or the players see it as a good thing that he gives it back to the moaners. Or that he gets paid absoloute shite wages for what he does. 

Whatever it is, the moaners need to take a step back and have a think about how cunty they have been.

DAB infiltrators IMO.

Aye, Dicker and Jones of Kilmarnock would be my 1st 2 picks. 

McDonald and Ainsworth at Motherwell.

Doubt ICT would be difficult to deal with for the likes of Draper, Meekings, Warren etc. 

Dicker signed a new deal about 4 weeks ago, Jones looks like signing provided McCulloch gets the job.....

ddb89898be48bf7155b0006a4189ad7e.jpg

Kevin Holt is as good as a man down against any team with pace down the wings, which funnily enough is something most top-tier teams possess, and we have lacked since...well, as long as I can remember. Unless you're counting Freddie Daquin...[emoji848]

Oh thanks.. it has taken years of expensive therapy to remove fearless Freddy Daquin from my head.
#backtosquareone

2 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Oh thanks.. it has taken years of expensive therapy to remove fearless Freddy Daquin from my head.
#backtosquareone

He was actually fucking shite, aye. :lol:

Had a look at the free players myself

Jim o'brien-cause we are crying out for a winger(not free but if county can get him so can we)

Paul Quinn-cause he's versatile and can defend

Josh meekings-a very good player at this level just having a bad season

Alex fisher- can score if the service is there

Fraser fyvie- just better than what we have

Draper would be near the top of my list as would Meekings. Fyvie is a good shout but surprised to see he's out of the picture at Hibs. Jones is an unlikely one but I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Those are largely signings above our pay grade I reckon though.

Draper would be near the top of my list as would Meekings. Fyvie is a good shout but surprised to see he's out of the picture at Hibs. Jones is an unlikely one but I'd have him in a heartbeat.

I can't see how we are a bigger club than Inverness (especially with relegation)and county surly we could offer slightly more, more than that who could turn down a Nichols peh at the tap o' the law

I can't see how we are a bigger club than Inverness (especially with relegation)and county surly we could offer slightly more, more than that who could turn down a Nichols peh at the tap o' the law

There'll be a host of clubs look to act like vultures for Caley's players and those two are by far their best IMO. I don't necessarily think we can offer more than County can either considering they're bankrolled by Roy and can be offered all sorts of perks.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There'll be a host of clubs look to act like vultures for Caley's players and those two are by far their best IMO. I don't necessarily think we can offer more than County can either considering they're bankrolled by Roy and can be offered all sorts of perks.

I know Inverness have had such a horrific season but I think their squad is very solid at this level and they made an arse of the management. In their last derby, they started without Draper and McKay starting and an odd magical mystery arrangement of players that seemed to be all over the place.

Tansey (obviously already signed for Aberdeen), Draper, Meekings, Raven, Warren, Vigurs and Mckay are all reasonable players that I'd imagine could maybe fill a role for clubs around this level if deployed in the right way. Have a wee feeling that St Johnstone will take Mckay and mend him back into the goalscorer he was a couple of years ago.

I know Inverness have had such a horrific season but I think their squad is very solid at this level and they made an arse of the management. In their last derby, they started without Draper and McKay starting and an odd magical mystery arrangement of players that seemed to be all over the place.
Tansey (obviously already signed for Aberdeen), Draper, Meekings, Raven, Warren, Vigurs and Mckay are all reasonable players that I'd imagine could maybe fill a role for clubs around this level if deployed in the right way. Have a wee feeling that St Johnstone will take Mckay and mend him back into the goalscorer he was a couple of years ago.

I think they are looking at scougall as well

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

None of them will be above our pay scale. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Doubt they would be above Hately's, Vincent's or Williams's pay scale.  If only we could free up their salaries.

Am I the only one that doesn't believe McCann is the man to take us forward?? Yes, thanks for the last five games you've saved us for a second time but he's not a manager..he's a pundit