All things Dundee FC

27 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Right, cuntos; let's get our fucking thinking hats on here, aye.

What would you like to see at a new Dens? It's been mentioned a few pages back, but the new site is considerably bigger than the existing one. For those that aren't familiar with the piece of land in question, here's what we're talking about:

oEn1j3w.jpg

Right next to the ice rink.

This bothered me at first, but the more I think about it, the area isn't any better or worse than where Dens is currently located IMO. I'm trying to think if plus points and all I can come up with is that the proposed location might good for prancing popstars like Tom Hateley and Danny Williams (who will probably still be under contract) — they can swoosh around on the ice while everyone else is warming up.

Let's look at how the areas compare in terms of size:

ZkxpTxj.jpg

As Eddie Annand always said, 'Bigger is always Better, aye.'

The Kingsway will make it easier to get in and out, but there's a lack of good pubs in the area, sadly. Actually, there's my first request; a new clubbie. Lets put that as far away from the main road as possible to stop the regulars picking fights with moving traffic. Safety first.

The next thing to add would be a giant statue of Bobby Cox giving the Lochee Fleet sign in the direction of Tannadice. Get it right fucking up you, United. This should be placed close to the Kingsway, so everyone entering and leaving the city is either saluted or Telt.

Third, the stadium itself. As @Lichtie78 mentioned on the previous page, four SuperDerrys should be built to form the new ground. I'd go as far as to recess it into the ground and create old-style concrete terracing, complete with steel railings and wooden benches — none of this plastic seat shite.

Fourth, we should put the away fans closest to the road for two important reasons. One; the noise and pollution from the road. Let those c***s soak it up while our new South facing MegaDerry gets the sun. Most importantly, though, I propose we form a 21st century garden maze that must be completed before traveling away fans are allowed entry. This should be of moderate difficulty and a challenge. We could also combine this with @jamamafegan's idea to reintroduce native species back into Scotland. Wolves, bears and lynx might be reserved for visiting OF fans.

Various pubs and strip bars can then be slotted into the remaining spaces.

This is roughly what I think it should look like:

Solution.jpg

Thank you.

This is absolutely fucking genius. 

One small change though. I feel the Cox statue should be even bigger, perhaps even straddling the Kingsway, a bit like the Colossus of Rhodes. 

This is absolutely fucking genius. 
One small change though. I feel the Cox statue should be even bigger, perhaps even straddling the Kingsway, a bit like the Colossus of Rhodes. 

Personally I think the statue should be of Bobby Glennie rather than Cox. Clearly BC was a far better player but when opposition team busses drove past a 50 foot statue of BG in full snarling mode it could we worth 10-15 points a season.

That maze [emoji38]

I may be wrong but I'm sure the actual site isn't as big as that, it's just a section of that land not the whole thing isn't it?

Nope, it's the whole site mentioned in that post (including the building). The plans include a new training ground too (most likely at the north).

7 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

What would you like to see at a new Dens? It's been mentioned a few pages back, but the new site is considerably bigger than the existing one. For those that aren't familiar with the piece of land in question, here's what we're talking about:

oEn1j3w.jpg

This bothered me at first, but the more I think about it, the area isn't any better or worse than where Dens is currently located IMO. I'm trying to think if plus points and all I can come up with is that the proposed location might good for prancing popstars like Tom Hateley and Danny Williams (who will probably still be under contract) — they can swoosh around on the ice while everyone else is warming up.

ZkxpTxj.jpg

The Kingsway will make it easier to get in and out, but there's a lack of good pubs in the area, sadly. Actually, there's my first request; a new clubbie. Lets put that as far away from the main road as possible to stop the regulars picking fights with moving traffic. Safety first.

The next thing to add would be a giant statue of Bobby Cox giving the Lochee Fleet sign in the direction of Tannadice. Get it right fucking up you, United. This should be placed close to the Kingsway, so everyone entering and leaving the city is either saluted or Telt.

Third, the stadium itself. As @Lichtie78 mentioned on the previous page, four SuperDerrys should be built to form the new ground. I'd go as far as to recess it into the ground and create old-style concrete terracing, complete with steel railings and wooden benches — none of this plastic seat shite.

Fourth, we should put the away fans closest to the road for two important reasons. One; the noise and pollution from the road. Let those c***s soak it up while our new South facing MegaDerry gets the sun. Most importantly, though, I propose we form a 21st century garden maze that must be completed before traveling away fans are allowed entry. This should be of moderate difficulty and a challenge. We could also combine this with @jamamafegan's idea to reintroduce native species back into Scotland. Wolves, bears and lynx might be reserved for visiting OF fans.

Solution.jpg

Thank you.

I like where your going with this,

I would be happy with a Statue of my brick, as long as they got the scale right.....

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Nope, it's the whole site mentioned in that post (including the building). The plans include a new training ground too (most likely at the north).

Next to the master sculptor's workshop and crane storage.

Seriously though having a proper training ground would be magic. We'd be poaching kids from all over just because it feels the business. Puts us immediately ahead of United.

8 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I won't lie, I'll cry like a little girl if Dens ever gets pulled down.

I'll probably shed a tear when Pittodrie goes, but need to move with the times, ken? 

20 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

I'll probably shed a tear when Pittodrie goes, but need to move with the times, ken? 

Well this is it, as I said earlier, if you make it more of a complex then it increases your revenue streams, you put a bookies in as part of the complex then say we get 6000 attending a game, the majority being men who like a flutter, house always wins! Then if you add the guest rooms, most fans would like to stay there at some point, even away fans for a friday night game.

Just a thought but Speroni could open another one of his restaurants, it would be a gold mine.

16 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Well this is it, as I said earlier, if you make it more of a complex then it increases your revenue streams, you put a bookies in as part of the complex then say we get 6000 attending a game, the majority being men who like a flutter, house always wins! Then if you add the guest rooms, most fans would like to stay there at some point, even away fans for a friday night game.

Just a thought but Speroni could open another one of his restaurants, it would be a gold mine.

Soapy Soutar could also run one of the pubs — we could call the whole plot of land The Derryplex. A walled, Dark Blue fortress designed to celebrate (and encourage) DDYB culture.

Also, the more I think about it, the more statues we need. We should have each member of our 'Hall of Fame' immortalised in bronze, then distributed across the Maze. Each statue would have its own Resident Evil style puzzle that needs completing before distressed and slightly terrorised away fans can progress through The Derryplex Trials.

Aye.

11 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

oEn1j3w.jpg

ZkxpTxj.jpg

Solution.jpg

Thank you.

Glorious. I'd give this post several greenies if I could.

44 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Soapy Soutar could also run one of the pubs — we could call the whole plot of land The Derryplex. A walled, Dark Blue fortress designed to celebrate (and encourage) DDYB culture.

Also, the more I think about it, the more statues we need. We should have each member of our 'Hall of Fame' immortalised in bronze, then distributed across the Maze. Each statue would have its own Resident Evil style puzzle that needs completing before distressed and slightly terrorised away fans can progress through The Derryplex Trials.

Aye.

You could have a strict entry code;

No DABs, No Victims, No ****, No Sheep worriers, No Fermers, No Jags, No Inbreads, No Marvin's, No Junkies.

I think that is all bases covered. 

I like the sound of Derryplex!

DDYB!