All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Surprised there is not more people discussing the new stadium plans. It's a pretty big deal. The spiritual home of Dens, no more. A few questions for dundee fans:

What do you think of the new location?

How big should the new stadium be?

Is this what Dundee fans want?

1. Probably the best site that's available, thank f**k it's not on Riverside. The thought of sitting in a stadium on the banks of the Tay with a wind chill factor of about minus 10 in August is a no no for me. The cup game at New Bayview on the waterfront was fucking freezing and that was in July. Monnymusk/ Dawson would've been my preferred choice if available. 

2. 13000-14000. Away end to hold 6000 like Tannadice, to coin in on the away fans like the dabs do. 

3. Heart will always say stay at Dens but it's a no brainer. Would be a lot easier to attract players to the club when you don't have to drive them through the Hilltoon!

Let's be honest Dens is a shitehole. What you boys need is safe standing* along one side of the new stadium with a big f**k off fence as segregation. Plenty banter and the odd seat thrown over should liven the place right up.

*Yes I know it's for Europe but they might bring back the intertoto cup at some point.

Early days but this is the 15k Capacity Benteler stadium in Germany, I like the fact it looks like its all very enclosed and you can get right on top of the opposition players. (Or your own depending on who you talk to in here).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks like New Douglas Park with the corners filled in.

You'll never match the atmosphere you can create at Dens, theres no point dreaming of getting anything close with a new stadium.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll never match the atmosphere you can create at Dens, theres no point dreaming of getting anything close with a new stadium.

Like we would take stadium or atmosphere advice from your lot.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

f**k sake RandomGuy in Dundee complement shock. 

You've changed. 

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Like we would take stadium or atmosphere advice from your lot.

You wouldn't take advice from the club you're desperately trying to financially emulate?

39 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I couldn't really give a f**k about players families' security because if by giving 3 year contracts puts the entire club at risk, where is the security then? Where is there any security in a job these days? We have to cut our cloth.

That's a bit harsh. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

f**k sake RandomGuy in Dundee complement shock. 

You've changed. 

I've always complimented Dens. You can tell its been there for years by the feel of the place. In terms of the top flight, only Tynecastle compares.You've either got old ramshackle stadiums that have been neglected (Pittodrie, Ibrox), stadiums far too big with no atmosphere (Fir Park, Rugby Park, McDiarmid Park), new builds where no atmosphere can be built (NDP, Caley, Dingwall), or a half empty soulless abuse dome (Celtic Park).

I'd be sad if you left.

I don't know if this is part of Keys plan but St Johnstone had 17k for Elton John with the standing capacity that venues could hold. If we were building it for 15k like it's been said, we could potentially have a venue that could accommodate just under 25k for live performances.

I really don't know how much money is actually made off these things but we've seen three bands announce dates for Slessor Gardens in the city centre for the summer and in minutes, 10k tickets have been sold out. I reckon that the stadium is being built with this in mind.

Anyone (*cough* @RandomGuy.) able to give a ballpark figure for how much their performances (Elton John, Status Quo etc at McDiarmid, Falkirk Stadium) have brought in?

30 minutes ago, Daydream said:

What kind of things do you mean?  If not a logo-land McDiarmid (which I don't mind tbh) or an English lower league inspired effort what is there?

The best thing I've seen in recent years is a rugby league ground which has terracing behind the goals and seating up the sides, and it's all close-knit and compact.  

The days of terracing with (cow)sheds are behind us :( 

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

A slightly smaller version of the 3 new stands around Tynecastle would do for me. Steep sloped and tight to the pitch. 

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Early days but this is the 15k Capacity Benteler stadium in Germany, I like the fact it looks like its all very enclosed and you can get right on top of the opposition players. (Or your own depending on who you talk to in here).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These lads are showing some imagination.

It's a question of decent architecture, how steep the stands are, how close they are to the pitch, where the away fans go, safe standing etc. Old grounds admittedly have a big advantage when it comes to some of this.

Braga Municipal Stadium is cool. It also shows the lost opportunity that existed at Dumbarton to actually use the surroundings.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

I don't know if this is part of Keys plan but St Johnstone had 17k for Elton John with the standing capacity that venues could hold. If we were building it for 15k like it's been said, we could potentially have a venue that could accommodate just under 25k for live performances.

I really don't know how much money is actually made off these things but we've seen three bands announce dates for Slessor Gardens in the city centre for the summer and in minutes, 10k tickets have been sold out. I reckon that the stadium is being built with this in mind.

Anyone (*cough* @RandomGuy.) able to give a ballpark figure for how much their performances (Elton John, Status Quo etc at McDiarmid, Falkirk Stadium) have brought in?

We made a profit of £50k from the Elton John concert, although it utterly fucked our pitch so the actual profit due to maintenance afterwards would be minimal if not a loss, its likely why we've not done anything similar since.

6 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Would the fact it a brand new stadium with no history not make it the perfect moment for Dundee and Dundee United to look at ground-sharing,

Halves the building costs and upkeep between them. Would be too much with history to share Dens or Tannadice.

Mirror image stands either side with offices and dressing rooms so you both have your own set if required.

If it about maximising finances for on fiedl activity would think it an idea.

Make it half orange & half blue, and get Barrs to sponsor it as the IRN-BRU arena. 

loadsamoney.jpg

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You wouldn't take advice from the club you're desperately trying to financially emulate?

Atmosphere has nothing to do with finance. 

To be fair I was a bit harsh on you there, I just don't want somewhere like Mcdiarmid, or Almondvale or St Mirrens ground.

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

No Elton John at new Dens. Thank you.