All things Dundee FC

For me, especially as we've added a couple of midfielders the time has come to tell O'Hara - you're a centre half son. Play him in the middle with O'Dea and Gadz. Holt and Kerr at WB. A midfield of Ojama, Vincent and McGowan. Haber up front with someone - for me FEB or if you want a n other of the other dozen shitey midfielders we have.

Gomis and Julen can be loaned out or preferably shot.

Don't agree with the O'Hara shout. He was immense on the right in Dingwall and had the caley full back on toast a few times yesterday. He's possibly not a winger but I feel his ability to drive forward would be lost at CB. In saying that I'm still not entirely sure what his position should be. Could be a blessing, Jim McAlister mk2 anyone?

On 4 February 2017 at 10:10, tree house tam said:

Could be right. At least you'd maybe get a team capable of challenging Saints.

..........but the merged club would have zero trophies to it's name.  Could you imagine the embarrassment of supporting a club that had won less major trophies than St Johnstone?  Seeing as I support Dundee that's a situation that I'll never be in.  It doesn't bear thinking about.

2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Don't agree with the O'Hara shout. He was immense on the right in Dingwall and had the caley full back on toast a few times yesterday. He's possibly not a winger but I feel his ability to drive forward would be lost at CB. In saying that I'm still not entirely sure what his position should be. Could be a blessing, Jim McAlister mk2 anyone?

I'm afraid I'm still not convinced about Holt so could O'Hara not play left WB? 

Don't agree with the O'Hara shouts either. CM is his position. He needs someone beside him to help him understand his role. He's a Gavin Rae type for me. Gavin Rae was never an attacking midfielder or a winger either - he was box to box and that's the way I see O'Hara.

Paul Hartley is now our longest serving manager since Jim Duffy back in 2002-2005. He has 3 months to go to beat this record then he has a further 2 months to go to become our longest serving manager since Don Mackay in 84.

Amazingly - no Dundee manager since Bob Shankly has lasted 5 full seasons in charge of us.

Paul Hartley is now our longest serving manager since Jim Duffy back in 2002-2005. He has 3 months to go to beat this record then he has a further 2 months to go to become our longest serving manager since Don Mackay in 84.

Amazingly - no Dundee manager since Bob Shankly has lasted 5 full seasons in charge of us.

That's not surprising tbh.

Since Shankly's tenure we've had 50+ years of largely incompetent directors, chairmen and a fucking idiot or two fan repping on the board.

Some long term stability would be tremendous.

Also looking forward to BoredomGuy's exclusive reveal on our accounts.

Don't agree with the O'Hara shouts either. CM is his position. He needs someone beside him to help him understand his role. He's a Gavin Rae type for me. Gavin Rae was never an attacking midfielder or a winger either - he was box to box and that's the way I see O'Hara.

I just think he has all the attributes to be an excellent CH, one we could potentially sell for really good money whereas his lack of skill will limit him in midfield. Gavin Rae was a limited player although he made the absolute most of what he had and fair play to him. Put it this way there is an yet unknown possibility O'Hara could play internationally at CH, I'd suggest he has no chance at CM.

Anyway that's just my opinion but effectively saying he has a little too much skill to be 'wasted' at CH is maybe the reason Scotland has no real international quality central defenders.

Look at Soutar - Hearts haven't bothered trying to make him a solid CM, a position he could no doubt play. They've given him a really good chance in defence and lived with the odd mistake he will undoubtedly make.