• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

We are a poor side. People talk about strikers and (yawn) centre halfs but the obvious problem is midfield, we are pish. We have the worst manager in the league with the 5th biggest budget. Signings dire. We did well to come back from 2-0 down v Hearts thanks to some terrible defending, but taking a point v farmers best we can hope for. When you think of what they've achieved - it amazes me anyone can defend that bullying little apology for a manager. 

I think the problem with Hartley is that we are used to having nothing but the best managers, tactical genuises who had us playing scintillating football with the resultant steady stream of trophies heading into the Dens Park boardroom.

He's on a hiding to nothing really.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Listen none of this 'in hindsight' nonsense. Like at most of our players I've been screaming 'USELESS c**t' and 'GET AFF YOU FECKING DONKEY' at Hateley and El Bak since the first second they started their pre match warm ups in their first games. I'm not one of those supporters who starts abusing players after one poor touch, I start way, way before that.

You were enquiring about Hateley's availability at the time, so I hold you personally responsible. 

I read in one of the papers that Greg Tansey had turned down a new deal at ICT was looking to leave at the end of the season. So, that's one more for us next season, I presume...

It's been fairly clear for a while he's joining Aberdeen. Dundee fans just need to ride this season out, the one after we lost May seen us replace him with Adam Morgan and Brian Graham, and play some of the most brutal football you'll see. Last season we went on a run of about one win in four months.

This is the life of a Scottish football fan.

I will be raging if we sign another striker and then push Wighton out to the wing again to basically play as a second left back.

I'd hope the striker is to be signed to give Wighton a break from the first team entirely.

49 minutes ago, Georgi's young lad said:

IMG_0457.PNG

Funny as f**k to bam up the dabs if true.

We are a poor side. People talk about strikers and (yawn) centre halfs but the obvious problem is midfield, we are pish. We have the worst manager in the league with the 5th biggest budget. Signings dire. We did well to come back from 2-0 down v Hearts thanks to some terrible defending, but taking a point v farmers best we can hope for. When you think of what they've achieved - it amazes me anyone can defend that bullying little apology for a manager. 

Bullying? Worst manager in the league?

Right then.

Last time we done it the game was in doubt, there were biblical proportion floods, pitch problems and the game was eventually rescheduled more than once if I remember correctly. Was never going to pull a decent crowd. They have got to waken up to the fact they're driving folk away from Dens with their pricing. Young adult and kids prices inparticualr are disgraceful in comparison to almost every other club in the league. 

In reality they aren't driving people away are they? Attendances so far this season are up on last seasons so far.

20 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

In reality they aren't driving people away are they? Attendances so far this season are up on last seasons so far.

Beg to differ. Home support attendance is way, way down.. OF away supports driving up the average so far this season. 

The average attendances at Dens are up on last year by .44 on last year.

I'm pretty sure the averages were driven up last year by Celtic and the dabs last year also.

1 hour ago, Georgi's young lad said:

Beg to differ. Home support attendance is way, way down.. OF away supports driving up the average so far this season. 

We don't have dabs this year so Rangers balances that out.

Eta: I should've read the post above first, obvz.

Eta pt 2: And anyway, you can't "beg to differ" on facts - the attendances are either down or they aren't . 

Edited by Dee Man

Eta pt 2: And anyway, you can't "beg to differ" on facts - the attendances are either down or they aren't . 

Oof - first rate telting.

I think my problem is I've been 'dry' since Xmas day. I'm as grumpy as f**k. Currently on a 'work to rule' at work which is amusing me but not going down well with my workmates.

Back on the voddie tonight so I should reignite my bromance with Pep by about 8.30.

IMG_0457.PNG

Looks semi genuine. I'd be happy with that. Scott Allan too would be ok as well. I realised once a DAB always a DAB but at least they both shat on them as they left.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Wind yer neck in Sweetheart. A'body and there Doag knows home crowds are down and prices (especially kids) are a major issue at Dens yet you want to divert attention away from the issue and get wrapped up in a pointless debate. Overall attendances may very well be up however Dee fans are not showing up in their droves and home attendances are without question down. ST sale's as well. Don't worry though, as long as you're cool with it. Go and slaver yer pish tae someone else. :thumsup2

To add - if you want irrefutable proof, look up the crowds month on month, game on game over the past two seasons and deduct the away support yourself. 

57 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Looks semi genuine. I'd be happy with that. Scott Allan too would be ok as well. I realised once a DAB always a DAB but at least they both shat on them as they left.

Purely a wind up. Got me going for a second though :o

Do you not feel let down by his transfer business and the teams performances this year?

No manager in the history of football has ever got it right 100 percent year on year .

The teams performances haven't been great . I accept that, but still believe he's one of the best young managers in the game.

So let's just say we bin him...who do you want to employ ? Please tell me .

The stats I'm looking at indicate there are 80 more fans on average attending home games this season, compared to last. You'd need to cut the prices by at least a tenner before you had a significant uplift imo and even then it would be costing the club circa £30k per game in lost revenue. That would completely f**k us.