All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

QotS fans saying that Holt is easily better than Jordan Marshall. I hope he doesn't become the boo boy favourite!

I honestly don't think we will have one. Really positive about this squad and if anyone will get that accolade it will be Hamiltoe or Kerr 

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I honestly don't think we will have one. Really positive about this squad and if anyone will get that accolade it will be Hamiltoe or Kerr 

Loving the positivity, but we still have Craig Curran.

We always have one. The boos ring out when it dosnt go our way.
Hamilton and whatever centre half makes a c**t of it. Midfield being key and actually helps the team out this season.
Hopefully we dont need to rely on Hamilton to much.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We always have one. The boos ring out when it dosnt go our way.
Hamilton and whatever centre half makes a c**t of it. Midfield being key and actually helps the team out this season.
Hopefully we dont need to rely on Hamilton to much.

I think we are a decent keeper away from strolling this league. Really like how McPake is taking his time and only bringing in essentials rather than scatterguning. 

If de Vries really is on the cards we are set.

I think we are a decent keeper away from strolling this league. Really like how McPake is taking his time and only bringing in essentials rather than scatterguning. 
Strolling this league ? Please delete that. I like the confidence but what do you base this on ?

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
9 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Strolling this league ? Please delete that. I like the confidence but what do you base this on ?

On friendly games I haven't seen, signings that haven't played together long and a gut feeling. 😂

11 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I love your optimism, therefore I'll counter it with pessimism, I think we'll struggle to win the league considering how settled the DABs squad is in comparison to ours. If McPake manages to f**k United over (Yet again tbf to him), then he won't be with us for long as a manager (in a good way opposed to the normal Dundee way).

No one strolls this league. Lack of striking options is my biggest worry and yet to get over excited about the apparent world beater Nelson! He’s decent but a mile away from being a composed finisher yet

No one strolls this league. Lack of striking options is my biggest worry and yet to get over excited about the apparent world beater Nelson! He’s decent but a mile away from being a composed finisher yet
Curran will help him... he is the player who will get at least 12 goals..

Or on a serious note I share the same view. However I do like the thought of new players coming in and hopefully the youngsters getting a chance this season.

Have we ever strolled this league.
I can only ever remember it being a b*****d to get out of.

At least there is a play off place to go for which we haven't had before when trying to get promoted.

I think we'll get top 4 and I am also a bit optimistic compared to a month ago but we are not strolling it.

Curran will help him... he is the player who will get at least 12 goals..

Or on a serious note I share the same view. However I do like the thought of new players coming in and hopefully the youngsters getting a chance this season.

Maybe if we re-signed Ian Davidson? And I’ll think you’ll find I didn’t say ‘at least’.....

On Saturday I thought Marshall looked potentially better than Holt going forward. A touch of the Tosher about him. Pacy with a sudden cut inside. There’s a great clip on YouTube of him scoring a cracking goal where he cuts inside the fullback. I’ve got him down for at least 6 [emoji4]

On friendly games I haven't seen, signings that haven't played together long and a gut feeling. [emoji23]

That’s the spirit. There’s no point in being pessimistic, or even realistic, at this stage. There’ll be plenty of time for that!

Maybe if we re-signed Ian Davidson? And I’ll think you’ll find I didn’t say ‘at least’.....

On Saturday I thought Marshall looked potentially better than Holt going forward. A touch of the Tosher about him. Pacy with a sudden cut inside. There’s a great clip on YouTube of him scoring a cracking goal where he cuts inside the fullback. I’ve got him down for at least 6 [emoji4]
The same Davidson who won more games than lost that season we had super Kevin Thomson? We could do with a player who isnt a Shitehouse?

Still though if we win more games than lose I'd be happy with. Play offs would do me.

Please, let's not go back to the Iain Davidson chat. He was absolutely murder and played about 10 games. Its unimportant if we beat St Mirren and County when he was on the park he was still a colossus minger. 

Please, let's not go back to the Iain Davidson chat. He was absolutely murder and played about 10 games. Its unimportant if we beat St Mirren and County when he was on the park he was still a colossus minger. 
Meh Wasnt myself who mentioned Davidson.
Was speaking about our current goal threat Craig Curran

Meh Wasnt myself who mentioned Davidson.
Was speaking about our current goal threat Craig Curran

Now he’s fit I’m restarting the counter on CCurran. That’s 1 out of 1 we’ve won with him in the team whereas Davo hasn’t played in a winning Dundee side for about 5 seasons. Stats don’t tell the whole story old boy!