• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Mr Gandosaur

All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Any fans on here who dont have a season ticket thinking about getting one ?

I used to go season ticket but with work and kids PATG works out much better "value" for me.

50 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Standard price is up £30

That's mad money £390

If you take PATG at £27, and times it by the full 32 games, and then ÷2 for home games, then that equals £432.

You save £42 over the season..... 

That's piss poor. 

Further Edit -

Premium match (OF wankers) is £30 a game!

Cat A is 26 and Cat B is 24.

Average PATG is £26.66 rounded up to £27 for my shite maths.

It will either be 38 or 36 games, dont know where you get 32 from?

Assuming 3 OF games, 5 A games, and 11 B games, thats £484 in PATG prices.

Or we are in championship and its same price ?

1 minute ago, srw said:

Oh well then I'll delete my post. Did say shite maths.

50 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Cant imagine fans who didn't get a season ticket would think about getting one for next season, especially if we are in championship.

Its sales prevention from the club. 

24 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Absolutely not. I regret paying £26 on Saturday for the Hearts game, I could have watched the game on TV in my house for free.

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
19 minutes ago, srw said:

Or we are in championship and its same price ?

38 if we are still in the SPFL, 36 in the diddy league.

They wont retrospectively reduce the price upon relegation. IMO, anyone buying a season ticket is mad.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Nope.

I'll not be getting one but.. We're hardly paying for their mistakes. We simply wouldn't be where we are without them and add to that, they're writing off every loss thus far. Sure, some of it is due to their decisions but a vast majority is being incurred by decisions made by fan ownership.

The way we’re going we’re heading back to where we were before they came in. 2 years ago they said they wanted 1,000 extra fans in the door yet all they’ve done is put prices up and drive fans away. Explain that because I don’t get it. Some of it? It’s all been their decisions. The last 2 managers are solely down to them and they’ve been complete disasters. Ticket prices should surely reflect the product on offer. That would make sense anyway from a business point of view. Therefore our owners appear to think that our performances on the park are improving. Head scratcher.

Edited to add I’m talking about McCann and McIntyre, not Hartley.

Can't remember if I posted this last year or not, but I would love to see the club being a bit more creative with season tickets. (Just using rough figures to give you the general idea)

For example:

PATG is £27 on average, and season ticket works out at about £22 per match. Not every one gets a season ticket due to work/family commitments, so offer a 10 match ticket at say, £25 per game. You can use your tickets for any ten games you wish, but have to let the club know in advance if it's for an all-ticket game, so they can reserve the seat and not sell it to someone else.

Secondly, you can pay an extra, say £30-£40 on your season ticket price and you get entrance to all cup games at Dens. If we don't get drawn at home in the cup, or only get the group games in the LC, then you're probably losing out, but we could get home draws all the way to both quarter finals (:lol:) and be quids in.

I would just love us to be a bit more innovative and try and encourage more than just the diehard fans...

Can't remember if I posted this last year or not, but I would love to see the club being a bit more creative with season tickets. (Just using rough figures to give you the general idea)
For example:
PATG is £27 on average, and season ticket works out at about £22 per match. Not every one gets a season ticket due to work/family commitments, so offer a 10 match ticket at say, £25 per game. You can use your tickets for any ten games you wish, but have to let the club know in advance if it's for an all-ticket game, so they can reserve the seat and not sell it to someone else.
Secondly, you can pay an extra, say £30-£40 on your season ticket price and you get entrance to all cup games at Dens. If we don't get drawn at home in the cup, or only get the group games in the LC, then you're probably losing out, but we could get home draws all the way to both quarter finals (:lol:) and be quids in.

I would just love us to be a bit more innovative and try and encourage more than just the diehard fans...

I agree with this, great ideas.

I’ll defo get one even although I miss a few games. Especially this season with my fooked hip making me immobile but I’m derried oot ma nut and there seems no known cure.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Some of it? It’s all been their decisions. 

They had no say in the terms of what is a preposterous rental contract. 

The decisions for operating losses is all on them, granted. Live in hope they replace the current manager with a better fitting one and there is no need to rinse and replace the squad every window anymore. 

I am. But for more personal reasons. My Auntie (actually was a Dons fan) passed away last year and was generous enough to leave me a wee bit of cash. She used to take me to the football a lot at Dens when I was wee, would sit in with me even if we were playing Aberdeen. The first win I ever saw was a 2-0 win over the sheep with Tom Cowan scoring a belter. Anyway, I’ve never had a season ticket and when I found out about the money I decided that it would be good to get one to honour that time we had together. Football is about more than just the matches and the time we spent at Dens or on away trips and chatting about it I’ll always cherish so that’s why I’m getting one. Seems fitting.

If this wasn’t the case though there’s not a chance I’d be getting one!

There seems to be a sort of disconnect between the board and the fans. It still feels like Nelms in particular hasn't clocked that Scotland is nothing like America and that folk won't buy tickets in spite of whatever shite you serve them. 

It's the first time in donkeys when we should be viewed as the better team in the city and we're driving fans away instead of building upon that. It's criminal.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

They had no say in the terms of what is a preposterous rental contract. 

The decisions for operating losses is all on them, granted. Live in hope they replace the current manager with a better fitting one and there is no need to rinse and replace the squad every window anymore. 

Is it preposterous? They said they'd buy him out when they came in. That was a pledge of the fans selling the club to the Americans.

They've appointed 2 managers (McCann and McIntyre) and made a complete arse of both. (It was Colvin that appointed Hartley).

They've ramped ticket prices up since they've came to the club.  They promised fan engagement yet have cut all official contact with not only DFCSS, but our fans rep and indeed the fans in general as they don't have an AGM anymore.

Yes, they back the manager to the hilt which is absolutely massive, but other than a promise of a new stadium of which there's not even been an official comment on in almost a year - they've failed in every regard since coming to the club based on what their original vision was.

I think Nelms is a top guy, he talks the talk and he has a chance to make a difference now he's on the SPFL board but his footballing decisions are consistently naieve at best, atrocious at worst. His off the field decisions has led to the home support being on a downward trend since they've financed the club with there being occasions where an opposition team has outnumbered the home support. And we are talking ordinary league games not games where we are purposefully cashing in on the OF coin when they have the chance to win the league.

They try to purchase the only safeguards we have over the club with little way of explanation until DFCSS reveal why and they hit back with passive aggressive statements.

This ticket price is an absolute slap in the face to the average fan. Why are we selling season tickets in March with 9 games to go?!? Are they struggling financially?! 

They seem to be getting shadier by the month.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is it preposterous?

They said they'd buy him out when they came in. That was a pledge of the fans selling the club to the Americans.

Of course it is. 

Yes, one of the pledges. Things change and they're now (correctly, IMO) looking to build a new stadium to suit both their own interests and ours. The revisionism that the club was only sold to them - not by you - due to them saying they'd look to buy the ground back, is mental. 

The fact is, without them doing what they have we wouldn't be in this league. We might not have even survived at all. 

Without their money we would be fucked. Agreed
What else have they done ?

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

I've said this for ages. Struggle to think of any improvements that have been made on or off the pitch. We've got the highest budget out of our peers and Nelmsy is apparently taking £120k salary out of the club.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm not sure we can ask much more of them other than to bankroll our ongoing failure to get a foothold in this league 

I'm not sure we can ask much more of them other than to bankroll our ongoing failure to get a foothold in this league 

Its them who hired our last two managers..

I want them to stop hiring idiots. If money dosnt seem to be an issue surely we can potentially get a better manager than the last two?

I can also ask them to lower the season ticket prices..

2 weeks to pay and most get paid at end of the month.?

52 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Its them who hired our last two managers..

I want them to stop hiring idiots. If money dosnt seem to be an issue surely we can potentially get a better manager than the last two?

I can also ask them to lower the season ticket prices..

2 weeks to pay and most get paid at end of the month.?

Harsh to say Hartley was an idiot, or maybe you meant McIntyre?  Also harsh to say he's an idiot,  I'll not argue with you on McCann though!

Our losses are continuing year-on-year so I'm not sure they would look favourably at reducing income but I agree the price of tickets is out of order for the product being served up but,  I think football itself is overpriced and we are no different to other clubs of our size.   I find it hard to criticise FPS on the financial side given their ongoing support.

The new stadium is a worry given the lack of communication though.