All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Kieran who is in the under 16s has another 2 year left of school. Exams the now and he has finished his so is training with the 18s. His contract like the rest of them are up until November.
I know 3 coaches. Was trying to figure out who the coaches we have got from United.

I agree that youth we do need to at least give some sort of chance. This season has certainly not happened and well we fucked it pretty impressively.

Lets hope we empty McIntyre and get someone in who actually has a clue how to manage a team and just maybe some youngsters might get a run in the squad.
All be it of they are good enough.

2 coaches came from Yenited in January. I know the dad of 1 of them, said he’s impressed with the set up and enjoying his time at the club. Another 2 coaches joined recently after Yenited’s American owner released a few coaches to get their own people involved. Think they were from 13/14s age groups 

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I saw @G_Man1985's post earlier and meant to mention this. Just as a comparison @AndyRoss actually did a Q&A with Mo Ross who is heading up our 18s-21s now for the programme against your lot on Saturday he covers that kind of thing in the interview.

The full thing is here but a couple of points related to what you guys seem to be hinting at are below.

That’s the reason our reserves started taking a tanking the last few months. Mainly guys from the 18s. 

The boy Jake Hastie must be pretty frustrating for Motherwell fans. Getting loaned out, plays a few months in the 1st team, looks excellent then leaves for a poor fee to Rangers. Must’ve slipped under the radar a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

That’s the reason our reserves started taking a tanking the last few months. Mainly guys from the 18s. 

The boy Jake Hastie must be pretty frustrating for Motherwell fans. Getting loaned out, plays a few months in the 1st team, looks excellent then leaves for a poor fee to Rangers. Must’ve slipped under the radar a bit. 

its what rangers and celtic do best....just let other clubs bring thru the young players then bid a pittance for them..

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
5 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:
its what rangers and celtic do best....just let other clubs bring thru the young players then bid a pittance for them..

United did with a few and made a pretty penny did they not ? All be it there chairman was a bellend but least they made money out of it.

the only one I can think of united doing was Armstrong but he hadn't yet did anything of note at inverness

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I think it's how you integrate it. We had Jamie Semple making appearances with our 20s when he was 14 and that was him made his first team debut on Saturday at 17. Our Reserves for the most part are our 18s and have been the majority of the season.

Hastie's a weird one. I saw loads of him for our 20s and he was always earmarked as a talent. He is. However if you'd said to me he'd sign for Rangers and they'd pay a 6 figure fee for him any time soon? Not a chance.

The annoyance I'd imagine is that there was clearly a development plan in place. He signed a 2.5 year deal back in 2016, went out on loan for a season and a half and was offered his new deal in January when he came back from Alloa. He said himself that the plan was to push for first team games and get first team starts next season. Rangers or anything like it wasn't on the agenda then he started pinging goals in for the first team and he had far more options than he imagined he would.

It's a pain in the arse but as long as we get the compensation we're due I don't think the club are that bothered largely due to Turnbull signing his new deal.

We've also just sold Stuart McKinstry to Leeds, he's 16 and hasn't even made a first team appearance (though he was on the bench for the game against Killie back in December).

Edited by capt_oats

10 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

Yeah I agree. The boy Hastie looks excellent tho and probably should’ve been in Motherwell’s instead of at Alloa. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I think it's how you integrate it. We had Jamie Semple making appearances with our 20s when he was 14. That was him made his first team debut on Saturday and our Reserves for the most part are our 18s and have been for most of the season.

Hastie's a weird one. I saw loads of him for our 20s and he was always earmarked as a talent. He is. However if you'd said to me he'd sign for Rangers and they'd pay a 6 figure fee for him any time soon? Not a chance.

The annoyance I'd imagine is that there was clearly a development plan in place. He signed a 2.5 year deal back in 2016, went out on loan for a season and a half and was offered his new deal in January when he came back from Alloa. He said himself that the plan was to push for first team games and get first team starts next season. Rangers or anything like it wasn't on the agenda then he started pinging goals in for the first team and he had far more options than he imagined he would.

It's a pain in the arse but as long as we get the compensation we're due I don't think the club are that bothered largely due to Turnbull signing his new deal.

We've also just sold Stuart McKinstry to Leeds, he's 16 and hasn't even made a first team appearance (though he was on the bench for the game against Killie back in December).

Any chance our American owners can just buy your youth set up? Please!

Just now, G_Man1985 said:
4 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:
the only one I can think of united doing was Armstrong but he hadn't yet did anything of note at inverness

GMS I think was airdrie ?

yeah but im sure he'd already been signed for Liverpool then released and ended up back at Airdrie....don't think airdrie brought him thru their ranks...I could be wrong though.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
10 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

GMS I think was airdrie ?

Yeah GMS was at Airdrie but was at  Ross County 1st, Armstrong was ICT plus Gauld and Souttar were at Brechin under the guy who got the Hearts job. For some reason the lunatics across the road praised Stevie Campbell for producing them, strange people. 

Edited by Yenitit

7 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

yeah but im sure he'd already been signed for Liverpool then released and ended up back at Airdrie....don't think airdrie brought him thru their ranks...I could be wrong though.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
7 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

You are probably right. However they seen two young players and not doing an awful lot and made a bit of money on the way

You’d like to think we’re trying to attract youngsters away from lower league clubs like this as well. It appears we are with the younger age groups anyway. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

You’d like to think we’re trying to attract youngsters away from lower league clubs like this as well. 

just to clarify im not against teams plundering other teams youth systems as we all do it what pisses me off is when you get a cracking youth player bring him thru the age groups get him into the 1st team then bang a paltry offer comes in from the erse cheeks....you do all the work and end up with little reward.

2 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

just to clarify im not against teams plundering other teams youth systems as we all do it what pisses me off is when you get a cracking youth player bring him thru the age groups get him into the 1st team then bang a paltry offer comes in from the erse cheeks....you do all the work and end up with little reward.

Yeah I agree. It happens to them as well tho with Chelsea being an example. 

Chelsea youth system is a disgrace....think they have about 40 youth players out on loan....they seem to just snap up the best youths with no intention of playing them just so no fucker else can have them......like I said go back to the s-form way and bin the academies.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Little reward ... bar Jack Hendry who we made a little bit of money and Rab Douglas most of our transfers we have let our players go for pennies. We have never learned.
Bar Wighton who we got some pennies for who else have we brought through and made money for ?

Struggling with that one. We usually bring them through, release them, they then go onto play most their careers in the  flight football and win some trophies. Wilkie, Mair, MacKay, Milne and Langfield. Never received a penny for any of them and they all went on to have good careers. 

1 minute ago, Meeniedee said:

Chelsea youth system is a disgrace....think they have about 40 youth players out on loan....they seem to just snap up the best youths with no intention of playing them just so no fucker else can have them......

That's not strictly true. They snap them up and then send them out on loan (usually with a fee) and if they improve enough they will play them and if not, sell to the highest bidder. Morally it's questionable, in a business sense its a great ploy. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

That's not strictly true. They snap them up and then send them out on loan (usually with a fee) and if they improve enough they will play them and if not, sell to the highest bidder. Morally it's questionable, in a business sense its a great ploy. 

they don't really play them though....they would rather spend 100 million on a player than give a good youth player a chance... a better example is the boy Sancho(I think) not a sniff of a game with man city decided to go to germany and is now worth millions and will probably end up back at city when they spunk a huge amount of cash back for a boy they already had on their books

I'm not disagreeing with you, clubs who can afford top players won't allow youngsters to develop in their starting eleven when they can just buy a finished article. 

I doubt Dundee (or anyone else for that matter) would be any different if they could afford to do it. 

FWIW - I'm pretty much against players remaining with their mates in Sunday League. Get them into a professional environment at a certain age. I'm certainly against that happening at 9/10/11 years old though. That's just stupid. 

they can still be in the professional environment while still playing competitive football with their mates on a sunday….I played against  plenty of boys on a sunday who were s-signings for a pro team...and a good few of them went on to have a great pro career....i'd let them stay with their boys clubs upto about16/17 then and only then if it looks like they can make it take them full time into the club.....and don't get me started on the non competitive shite they roll out on a sunday now.:lol: