All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, dd23 said:

That's absolutely true thinking about it.
The end of that season was really enjoyable, I remember going to Pittodrie with confidence and a really good Derby win towards the end of the season.
Also the end of the year before I think when they'd done pretty well, but the race was on to get the stands built. I think it was a game against Dunfermline but may be wrong, sitting in the Derry watching the har coming off the sea blowing from one end of Dens to the other and out through the spaces where the demolished terracing used to be.
The Dunfermline game was definitely the one where everyone had been given Pepperami on the way in and it got repeatedly lobbed at whoever was taking throw-ins for The Pars rather than being eaten.

I think the Pittodrie game was the one where Javier Artero scored an injury time winner. The derby at Tannadice was fantastic. We hadn't finished above them since the 70s and it was a glorious spring day. I took my girlfriend at the time to her first ever football match, probably not a great idea as it was pure bedlam when Brian Irvine, and then Grady scored :lol: IIRC Irvine also scored the winner in that Dunfermline game. 

The mid to late 90s were my favourite years following Dundee. We were largely a good side to watch, had some terrific players and made a cup final whilst in the old First Division. A couple of flings with the premier league were good fun as well. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

From a main stand point of view the section has been empty majority of the season.
The prices the club charge is pathetic.

But aye sober now.

Football is shite. Really the worst in so bloody long.

So where are the people in the know regarding this meeting last night?

They are in a conference about the new stadium.

Edited by Shadow Play

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hartley would drag his fat pus over hot coals to come back to a club that'll give him free reign after his absolute disaster at Falkirk.

He's not the worst shout for manager. He'd have arguably left us for a bigger club if Stewart and Hemmings weren't sold in the same month as each other.

He was sacked at the right time absolutely, but I reckon he'd be a good shout for a crack at the Championship.

He'd never be considered though. Too much baggage now.

Never understood why Hartley losing Stewart and Hemmings is somehow an excuse for his career since. This league is riddled with clubs who have lost key players, Hartley being unable to shape a side after losing two players says it all about his ability.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Guest My Brother Woody

Jim still here then? What do the stats say? How many managers statistically have been sacked over Sunday Lunch?

4 minutes ago, My Brother Woody said:

Jim still here then? What do the stats say? How many managers statistically have been sacked over Sunday Lunch?

I think he’s here for the duration unfortunately. 

The owners won’t want to admit to two mistakes in one season.

21 hours ago, Yenitit said:

The young laddie wasn’t ready for that today. Just shite management to overlook Hadenius for the young boy. 

Andreas Hadenius started 3 games in a row for us, and we didn't lose any of them. He's been on the bench since and we've lost 7 in a row. Yesterday JM's best pal Martin Woods is hurt so of course the CLOWN turns to 19 yr old Callum Moore who's made one previous cameo for the first team while Hadenius again sits on the bench along with both Miller and Nelson!!

Get out of my club JM you effin clown!

McPake/Boyle for the run in, at least they'll drop JM's pals play no matter what philosophy.