All things Dundee FC

Just now, blackislekillie said:

Is sacking him going to save you at this stage now? What does Nelms offer for the future? If you go down (which I hope you don't), is he going to stick around.

Despite a section of our fans wanting Nelms out, it's quite frankly lunacy. Yes, he's made consistently shite decisions regarding managers and ticket prices that is alienating him towards the fans, but he is not just our 'director of football' as it were, he is Tim Keyes' man and without Keyes I dread to think where we'd be. That's a big, big worry many Dee fans have if we go down. Nelms is built into this club now.

And sacking McIntyre might not save us, but it's not gonna do us any harm either. We have literally nothing to lose at this point by sacking him.

22 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Is sacking him going to save you at this stage now? What does Nelms offer for the future? If you go down (which I hope you don't), is he going to stick around.

Yes. He’s lost the plot with his starting line up and tactics now. 

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Anyone heard how the meeting between Nelms and the selected fans went today, or even better was anyone from here at it?

Didn't even know there was one happening.

Surely the same day you play a team you're going to lose to, isn't the day you would have a meeting with fans :lol:

14 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Anyone heard how the meeting between Nelms and the selected fans went today, or even better was anyone from here at it?

I'm starting to think this was just something The Tele made up, I've not heard of anyone going to it, knowing anything about it or the like.

12 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Didn't even know there was one happening.

Surely the same day you play a team you're going to lose to, isn't the day you would have a meeting with fans :lol:

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm starting to think this was just something The Tele made up, I've not heard of anyone going to it, knowing anything about it or the like.

Yeah it was happening today. The only name I read elsewhere about who was invited is the guy Kenny Ross who writes a lot of the club’s books, think he’s maybe head of the Dundee Supporters Association. Not sure who the other 4 were and if they are connected to any other supporters groups or small shareholders. The 1st of a few of these meetings apparently. 

Edited by Yenitit

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It did happen and I know someone who was invited. I've not spoken to them yet though so I don't know what was said, or if they're even allowed to say. 

Just now, The Master said:

It did happen and I know someone who was invited. I've not spoken to them yet though so I don't know what was said, or if they're even allowed to say. 

Good to hear, it'd be a bit shit if Nelms is inviting a select group of fans to speak to him and then swearing them to silence though.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Yeah it was happening today. The only name I read elsewhere about who was invited is the guy Kenny Ross who writes a lot of the club’s books, think he’s maybe head of the Dundee Supporters Association. Not sure who the other 4 were and if they are connected to any other supporters groups or small shareholders. The 1st of a few of these meetings apparently. 

Im pretty sure Kenny posts on here. So if he could enlighten us that would be appreciated.