All things Dundee FC

Just seen someone claiming McIntyre has the worse loss rate of any Dundee manager over the last 100 years, losing 60% of his games and in second place is McCann losing 52% of his games.  Surely can’t be true but some achievement by Nelms if it is.

If McIntyre was the first choice as manager God only knows who else was on the list Nelms claims to have!

34 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Just seen someone claiming McIntyre has the worse loss rate of any Dundee manager over the last 100 years, losing 60% of his games and in second place is McCann losing 52% of his games.  Surely can’t be true but some achievement by Nelms if it is.

If McIntyre was the first choice as manager God only knows who else was on the list Nelms claims to have!

He certainly has the worst win rate in our 126 year history standing at a shocking 11%.

32 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Curran has never seen a 50/50 he hasn't shat out of. It's disgraceful.

He got absolutely owned in a 50/50 with Scott Tanser tonight who is hardly known for his bravery. I don’t think I’ve seen a worse player than Horsfield this season. He looks woefully out of his depth. 

If Cammy Kerr doesnt start the next game, he would be as well just rapping McIntyres puss. Horsfield is a charlatan, watching the BBC highlights shows how appalling he is.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

He got absolutely owned in a 50/50 with Scott Tanser tonight who is hardly known for his bravery. I don’t think I’ve seen a worse player than Horsfield this season. He looks woefully out of his depth. 

I don't think Curran actually realises you are permitted to challenge opponents for the ball. I can't recall ever having seen him attempt a tackle of any description at all.

Horsfield looked no worse than Cammy Kerr in his first few games, but in hindsight that's looking more and more like that is only because Kerr was completely broken and out of form after having been played into the ground. I don't think he's featured at all since January, so there's no reason to persist with Horsfield now unless Kerr is injured.

I just sat open mouthed, agog at the ease with which Horsfield permitted Kennedy to waltz past him for the 2nd goal. It's not like he was caught trying to chase down a 25 year old Christiano Ronaldo, he had the angle to just clobber him if needs be, but nope, just stood off and invited Kennedy to twat it into the bottom corner. Bewildering.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any reason why Cammy Kerr is out in the cold?

That right back you had tonight was awful, seaside league standard. No surprise both goals were scored from his side. Kennedy can kill a lot of full backs, but he had a spell where the full back looked terrified to go near him, wasn't even an attempt to just blooter him.

Horsfield has no pace and is completely incapable of taking on attackers that decide to run at him.  His weakness is blatantly obvious.  At the same time, Cammy seems to have lost his way all together.  So, take your pick. Personally I would go with Cammy, more as a player I know could do some kind of job, at least in the past. 

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Horsfield has no pace and is completely incapable of taking on attackers that decide to run at him.  His weakness is blatantly obvious.  At the same time, Cammy seems to have lost his way all together.  So, take your pick. Personally I would go with Cammy, more as a player I know could do some kind of job, at least in the past. 

Cammy will at least do things that Horsfield won't - like run through a brick wall for Dundee. Cammy will block a shot or a cross with his face or his plums if need be, Cammy will put in a tackle, Cammy will play with some fight. Get Horsfield into the Tay because he sucks and has the heart of a mouse.

3 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

Cammy will at least do things that Horsfield won't - like run through a brick wall for Dundee. Cammy will block a shot or a cross with his face or his plums if need be, Cammy will put in a tackle, Cammy will play with some fight. Get Horsfield into the Tay because he sucks and has the heart of a mouse.

Tbh Cammy will also get beat in the air defending his back post, lose his runners, put his attempted cross behind the goal, turn back onto his left foot breaking down an attack and pass the ball backwards and sideways instead of forward. 

Cammy was great when he broke into the 1st team. Defended reasonably well, bombed forward getting great crosses into the box, use of the ball was good. Sadly that doesn’t happen anymore. 

Imo Horsefield’s getting a hard time on here today. His defending and use of the ball has been better than Kerr’s this season, Yeah he had a poor game last night but overall I think he’s done alright since coming to the club. Handled Jones of Killie and Sinclair of Celtic really well. Kennedy at the Saintees is a good player at this level wasn’t the 1st and won’t be the last fullback he’s tore apart this season. It was pissing me off last night that we had 5 in midfield and not one of them doubled up on Kennedy when he had the ball when it was apparent to most in the ground except our ‘manager’ that the 2nd goal was coming through Kennedy either scoring or supplying the goal. 

Always wanted Kerr and Wighton to excel because they’re Dees but Kerr’s went backwards this last year. 

12 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

Sadly no he hasn't. But even more worryingly I'm pretty much convinced that he's going to be our manager next season no matter what league we're in!

Read on Twitter last night someone saying he should get to the end of next season at the very least  :unsure2:

41 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Read on Twitter last night someone saying he should get to the end of next season at the very least  :unsure2:

Jeezy peeps, depressing stuff that some fellow Dees like JM. If ever there was a final straw, last night was it! 

But what is more depressing is that I truly believe that Nelms has already decided on JM for next year no matter the situation. I'd have bagged him last night, and installed McPake/Boyle for the remainder of the season then conduct a PROPER manager search for our next appointment.

57 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Tbh Cammy will also get beat in the air defending his back post, lose his runners, put his attempted cross behind the goal, turn back onto his left foot breaking down an attack and pass the ball backwards and sideways instead of forward. 

Cammy was great when he broke into the 1st team. Defended reasonably well, bombed forward getting great crosses into the box, use of the ball was good. Sadly that doesn’t happen anymore. 

Imo Horsefield’s getting a hard time on here today. His defending and use of the ball has been better than Kerr’s this season, Yeah he had a poor game last night but overall I think he’s done alright since coming to the club. Handled Jones of Killie and Sinclair of Celtic really well. Kennedy at the Saintees is a good player at this level wasn’t the 1st and won’t be the last fullback he’s tore apart this season. It was pissing me off last night that we had 5 in midfield and not one of them doubled up on Kennedy when he had the ball when it was apparent to most in the ground except our ‘manager’ that the 2nd goal was coming through Kennedy either scoring or supplying the goal. 

Always wanted Kerr and Wighton to excel because they’re Dees but Kerr’s went backwards this last year. 

What I'm saying mate is that despite Kerr's faults what we are now finding out is that Horsfield is no better IMO, therefore the tipping point for me is that Cammy will lay everything on the line to keep our club from getting relegated. Horsfield, Woods, and JM can get in the fecking sea!

Edited by CanadianDee

21 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

What I'm saying mate is that despite Kerr's faults what we are now finding out is that Horsfield is no better IMO, therefore the tipping point for me is that Cammy will lay everything on the line to keep our club from getting relegated. Horsfield, Woods, and JM can get in the fecking sea!

Fairdo’s 

Kerr was linked with a  Scotland call up under Hartley. His form has since dived, but he is still a better option than a non interested loanee.

We are going down without as much as a wimper, we need fighters in the team now.

So Saturday against Aberdeen has only the virtue that when we get pumped the other 2 playing each other means they can't both get appreciably further away.

Wondering if there is something truly rotten at the heart of Dens. My old man stopped going in the early 70s after the golden years because he was fed up of the board. Back then they were taking dividends out of the club apparently (seems laughable now) but in some ways the fact that the club still exists in any shape or form given the way it has been run over the years since its incredible in itself. What we see on the pitch is the equivalent of forty plasters on a septic wound. Trying to stop the spread of an infection rather than treating it. The Bain situation is a good illustration. Popular for a good while with the fans, becomes a lightening rod for criticism in a failing team, falls out with a poor manager so an ideal scapegoat, everyone thinks we're lucky to get him off the books and he'll do f**k all with his attitude and within a year he's first choice at Celtic and Scotland. Unforeseeable for fans here, as the pish cycle swallows up everything and just inevitably spits out more pish. Where we go now God alone knows but when we were backs to the wall after - 25 the thing that saved us was a group of guys who really loved the club.

Seems from the outside that there is almost nobody on the playing side of the club now who, compared to the minus 25 guys, really gives a toss.