All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Alston pumped Random Guys Mrs IMO.

Good signing. Enjoy him.

Thank you

I've always said Alston is a decent player. He has no idea of his best position though, and that's massively held him back. Hes now a 27yo who's spent the past three seasons being shuffled around right back, right wing, and central midfield, and not earned a first team spot anywhere. As an "attacking goal getting midfielder", hes never scored more than 4 in a season for Saints.

I dont see a weakness at Dundee he addresses.

Who has been Dundee's biggest dud throughout the years?
Don't pick any of the current squad just to rule out sour grapes. 
I know we've a long history but I think the worst player I've seen in dark blue in recent times was Vincent. 

Vincent was absolutely horrendous. Had no value/contribution to add/make.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes the opposite tbf, you often forget hes on the pitch until he almost rifles one in. I, genuinely, forgot we had him at the club earlier this season, then he reappeared with an absolute screamer against Aberdeen.

That’s because you spend too much time thinking about Dundee’s squad.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

That’s because you spend too much time thinking about Dundee’s squad.

Nah, it's because he couldn't even make our bench for the best part of two months.

Just now, The Algebraist said:

You guys have been on a great run right enough. 

It was earlier on in the season, he didn't make the bench in 5 games in a row.

Hes played in 5 out of our 8 winless games since the break.

Dundee signing player and fan of his current club say he’s shite shocker. Got my VPN running and logged in to SMTV. Some cones on the pitch atm. Back injury pain bearable having doped myself with gabapentin so all good here. Come on the Dee!

Just now, Fifespud said:

Dundee signing player and fan of his current club say he’s shite shocker. Got my VPN running and logged in to SMTV. Some cones on the pitch atm. Back injury pain bearable having doped myself with gabapentin so all good here. Come on the Dee!

Youve not signed Alston, you're vying with Shrewsbury for him.

This time last year I’d have driven Alston to Dens myself. But this year he’s probably been one of our most effective players in terms of goals/assists/chances created per 90 minutes. He’s one of these guys that has clear limitations to his game-but often finds himself in the right place at the right time and scores some absolute pearlers. I wouldn’t build my team around him but at this level he’s certainly worth having.

Put it this way, Watt, Swanson and MOH are better players than Alston, but this season Alston has had far more consistent form than any of them.

17 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

But this year he’s probably been one of our most effective players in terms of goals/assists/chances created per 90 minutes. 

Hes got 0 assists this season, fwiw. In terms of goal involvement (goals + assists), in the league, he's level with Jason Kerr, Scott Tanser and David McMillan.

Wotherspoon, Craig, Watt, Kennedy and Kane all been involved in more goals.

McMillan is the best in terms of "involvement per minutes", followed by Chris Kane. Both had less minutes than Alston.

Club close to melt down here. Relegation is never good but all the financing of new stadiums linked to a stable squad that stays up? Fucked right now barring a playoff win.

Implications far worse than just dropping down.

Edited by rainbowrising