All things Dundee FC

42 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I know we've a long history but I think the worst player I've seen in dark blue in recent times was Vincent. 

Far from it, there's definitely been a lot worse than him lately. There have been points this season I'd have been happy to bring him back into the midfield and give him a chance. 

That's not necessarily a compliment to Vincent though, our midfield has been dreadful in parts. 

12 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

Vincent and Williams came to us as Scottish cup winners...yet within a season we'd turned them into utter horseshit.

I remember the expectation I had of Williams after his first game. He looked dangerous and was constantly running to the byline to cut back and never looked tired. After that he kind of tanked. 

29 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Far from it, there's definitely been a lot worse than him lately. There have been points this season I'd have been happy to bring him back into the midfield and give him a chance. 

That's not necessarily a compliment to Vincent though, our midfield has been dreadful in parts. 

I said Vincent because I can't think of one positive bit of play from him ever. He was what came to mind when I thought of the question. I don't doubt there has been worse than he.

Could name a whole host - some were signed clearly out their depth (Van Eijs) and some of the admin(s) lot were clearly all we could afford. That, for me, rules out a lot of players who were in the most part, fucking jiyners.

I'll plump for Colin Cameron or Simon Ferry. Both wonderfully gifted players who come here on a decent wedge and we're completely done. At least Ferry gave me a laugh with his on field antics.

Failing them, Craig Burley. p***k.

You've offered Blair Alston a contract.

Good luck trying to find out where hes most effective, for us it was central. Means you'll score plenty at Ibrox from now on though. 

10 hours ago, Crawford said:

I said Vincent because I can't think of one positive bit of play from him ever. He was what came to mind when I thought of the question. I don't doubt there has been worse than he.

I remember him setting up a goal for someone with a sublime reverse pass in the box but don't remember any other contributions. I can picture the move, goal and finish but can't mind who scored or who the opposition were. 

I doubt there will be any better anecdotes than that posted on the internet today. 

35 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I remember him setting up a goal for someone with a sublime reverse pass in the box but don't remember any other contributions. I can picture the move, goal and finish but can't mind who scored or who the opposition were. 

I doubt there will be any better anecdotes than that posted on the internet today. 

I've searched through my Dundee archives, and I dont think the pass is as good as you remember :whistle

goHye1.gif.1e067903de132040deed165b9c17e61f.gif

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've searched through my Dundee archives, and I dont think the pass is as good as you remember :whistle

Haber’s contribution to the goal shouldn’t be overlooked.  He stood still, never made an attempt to get the ball and left someone else to do the hard bit.  I’ve always said Haber was a good player and we just never played the right way for him. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's the one. Not quite the reverse pass that I remember but a nice shroo ball nonetheless. Literally the only thing of note I remember him doing. 

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I'd take Alston. 

I'd be wary, hes one of those players who, like Scougall, becomes a better player when they aren't playing. 

Hes dreadful on the wing as hes no pace and keeps going backwards, and in a midfield two hes a liability, as he simply cant track runners or close down players on the ball, he just runs to about three yards of them and hits some invisible wall that prevents him going further. Play him as a 10 and you might get something, but youd have to wonder why Tommy Wright has never played him there over the past 3 seasons if that's his best position. Hes got 9 goals and 8 assists in 94 league games for us.

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Arvid Schenk. 

still think he was directly to blame for just 1 goal that day....we could have played the best keeper in the world that day but the 10 gutless b*****ds infront of him would still have let him down. 

I'd be wary, hes one of those players who, like Scougall, becomes a better player when they aren't playing. 
Hes dreadful on the wing as hes no pace and keeps going backwards, and in a midfield two hes a liability, as he simply cant track runners or close down players on the ball, he just runs to about three yards of them and hits some invisible wall that prevents him going further. Play him as a 10 and you might get something, but youd have to wonder why Tommy Wright has never played him there over the past 3 seasons if that's his best position. Hes got 9 goals and 8 assists in 94 league games for us.

He would definitely improve us. I always think he plays well against us too.

A classic TW kind of signing. Unspectacular player but a solid addition.

6 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Unspectacular player but a solid addition.

Hes the opposite tbf, you often forget hes on the pitch until he almost rifles one in. I, genuinely, forgot we had him at the club earlier this season, then he reappeared with an absolute screamer against Aberdeen.