All things Dundee FC

You guys have been getting stuck into mcintyre on this and other threads and while I'm not a "fanboy" I feel the more robust and direct style of play he's brought in has been our only glimmer of hope.

I've no defence for him over the Davies signing though. He said after his county days he was pretty much "over" as a week to week player. He's not even going to play a week for us... Poor stuff and he won't be a cheap weekly wage.

5 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

You guys have been getting stuck into mcintyre on this and other threads and while I'm not a "fanboy" I feel the more robust and direct style of play he's brought in has been our only glimmer of hope.

I've no defence for him over the Davies signing though. He said after his county days he was pretty much "over" as a week to week player. He's not even going to play a week for us... Poor stuff and he won't be a cheap weekly wage.

Correct.  McCann was obsessed with a passing game and playing out from the back.  The trouble was McCann never bothered to bring in players that were capable of playing that sort of football. 

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Correct.  McCann was obsessed with a passing game and playing out from the back.  The trouble was McCann never bothered to bring in players that were capable of playing that sort of football. 

I liked the way McCann was trying to get us playing ...but like you say the boys he signed were not good enough for that style...

6 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

I liked the way McCann was trying to get us playing ...but like you say the boys he signed were not good enough for that style...

.......and that is the very reason McCann will never be a manager of a top flight team again.  Just about every manager knows how the game should be played.  The good managers are those that are intelligent enough to set out their team and game plan according to the opposition and the players they have at their disposal.

McIntyre changed the way he played, granted... he has brought in plenty players .... and we are struggling to stay in this league .
Do you blame the fans for "getting stuck into him"?

A big backing from the Dundee fans on Saturday and we all but pray he dosnt make an ass of it .
Yeah, well, sort of blame the fans for getting stuck into him. We'd have been adrift under mccann by now. The atmosphere at Dens has always been pretty "poisonous". It's no surprise new players find it hard to settle in.

The point I was really trying to make was the Davies signing, which you've not addressed at all in your post. A shite signing.

11 minutes ago, Dele said:

No more tickets on Credit. Zebra finance have pulled the plug, UK wide. 

Is the company gone or have they just pulled out of football?

Imagine it's uncollected amounts owing. Must be eye-watering sums down south if that is the case.

Edited by Crawford

2 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

clubs should just do it themselves...it happens a lot with golf clubs...my fees got right to the club every month instead of a finance company.

I'd imagine it's a helluva lot easier for golf clubs to police.

6 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he'll never play for us. 

I'd say I'm surprised but I'm not. 

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I wouldn't be surprised, especially if you go down.  I love Andrew Davies and would take a fit 34 year old Davies back at County in a heartbeat, but that move was never going to work out.  You do now have a part time coach being paid as much as any of the players, so that's nice. 

Worth noting hes still got another 12 month contract with the club.

Better hope you've got a break clause somewhere...