All things Dundee FC

One sixth of this article is devoted to everyone's favourite Albert Kidd moment...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/06/the-joy-of-six-football-title-run-ins

The picture taken next to the railings is in evidence and the last sentence is a classic:

"Then up popped Albert Kidd, the substitute striker who had not scored all season, with a stab of the boot that was a dagger to the Hearts. The cruel Kidd did it again six minutes later too. Hearts are still broken to this day."

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

My back is knackered and I’ve decided I can’t go to Dens tonight. Literally crippled. Can anyone pm me a VPN that works with DeeTV??

You sorted yet? I'm trying to get you some info. 

Eta: I've pm'd you bbz x

Edited by Dee Man

On 05/02/2019 at 19:35, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It was also an accurate strike by MacKinnon - a foot or so either side and it's past the post, blocked by the defender or saved by Dieng.

I thought the wee deflection was killer. Without that I think Dieng has a chance to get to it, It was only a wee nick, but that was enough to put it 3 to 4 feet closer to the post than it would have been otherwise.

I thought Miller looked disinterested when he came on. There were a couple of times when he was just shaking his head when we conceded possession. Earlier on in the season he would have tracked back into midfield and helped win the ball back. 

We are such a nervous wreck of a team sometimes. We need to get through a game and hold onto a win because it's going to be absolutely massive for confidence. 

Kille were absolutely strolling through the centre of the park.  Are you going to chuck the young lad Moore in there instead?

I've not seen O'Sullivan, but from what I can glean he's a forward minded midfielder, a #10 type, so he's not going to shore that problem up either.

I understand the frustration at the lack of impact from our subs, but the reality is McIntyre can only use they players he has available, and the squad is clearly not 100% match fit.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

I’ve also dropped my season ticket inside the ground. Don’t think tonight could get any worse.

Anyone know what happens with that?

I think you're supposed to use your wife's season ticket for the remaining games.

12 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The manager gives me the fear. Playing really well until he has a brain fart with those subbies. I can’t actually believe I’ve just saw Darren O’Dea play as a central midfielder in top flight football. 

The worrying thing is I still can’t decide who was the slowest or worse in midfield tonight.  O’Dea or Paul McGowan. :(

Edited by Shadow Play

Let's get everything into perspective here. That first half performance was like a proper football team- combination of skill and determination (something I never saw in the McCant era) - seeing Wright/Nelson attack at pace was a joy to watch and Curran put in a tremendous shift.

Killie have greater depth of a squad and unfortunately Dees just run out legs and Killie dominated. I assume the O'Dea midfield role was due to the fact that Dundee looked like they would concede from a set piece- unfortunately he's not mobile enough for the midfield but it's more a sign of the lack of quality options available in midfield.
Could have snatched it at the end but that's not the Dundee way [emoji6]
Lots of twists and turns to come yet!

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

He brought in 4 midfielders ( 3 maybe ). So it's his team more or less so you can shift blame ( if you wanna say blame ) .

He got it wrong, again.

We do have a free weekend so we should have zero excuses with fitness for the upcoming games.

Depends what you're blaming McIntyre for exactly.

At the time he brought O'Dea on it was 2-2 and Killie were waltzing through the centre of the park uncontested. It finished 2-2, and we had an undeserved chance to win it late on. So what is it you're blaming on the manager? Miller missing the penalty? We were in danger of losing at 70 minutes, and that didn't happen, so presumably you think we should have won the game.  In that case, who are you bringing on from that bench and who are you taking off instead? Genuine question btw, not a dig.

He brought in 4 midfielders ( 3 maybe ). So it's his team more or less so you can shift blame ( if you wanna say blame ) .

He got it wrong, again.

We do have a free weekend so we should have zero excuses with fitness for the upcoming games.

How did he get it wrong? If Miller puts the penalty away we would have left with 3 points.

Think the criticism of the manager is harsh. January is a difficult window and Dales, Curran, Wright and Nelson are miles better than we had previously. McGowan too in defence, a better keeper, competition at right back. I’d have brought Cammy on in midfield. Say what you like but he has a great engine on him for closing people down. Central midfield is and issue. McGowan is as slow as a week in the jail, Woods is mediocre and the big Swede looks a bit clueless. Probably why we are bypassing it. We’re off the bottom at least and fwiw I think the DABs are going straight up so it will be Ayr or Cunty, or even Queens for us. They’ll all beat us of course but it’s not so painful.

20 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’ve also dropped my season ticket inside the ground. Don’t think tonight could get any worse.

Anyone know what happens with that?

Usually £20 to replace it. Might be different with less than half the season to go though.