All things Dundee FC

Ah well, that was a sickener but it was a must not lose game as opposed to a must win.

Dieng again was very good and comfortable in the goal. Best keeper we’ve had for a while and would absolutely love to get him signed up permanently.

Unsure about Horsefield. He started poorly but that could be down to nerves. Had a good second half and looks like he might be decent but will have to wait and see.

McGowan was excellent at the back and probably our MOTM. A massive upgrade on what we had before if he can keep up that level of performance.

Kusunga was solid enough although he does often get too square with his man. Let a few runners pass him by today.

Ralph had a very good first half - getting a few good balls into the box but was sloppy second half, giving the ball away a few times.

The big Swedish lad looked alright but looks like he might be a bit of a bombscare. Won his fair share of headers and tackles but on the ball looks extremely uncomfortable.

Andy Dales looked promising although his final ball needs improving. Gets into good positions only to be let down by the cross or a poor finish.

Scott Wright looked like the brightest of the new signings and could be the creative spark we’ve been lacking. Took his goal really well although he’s not a big fan of 50/50s which could get frustrating.

I was impressed with the boy Robson. Gets himself about and played a few nice passes and made some good forward runs with the ball through the middle. Im guessing he was taken off due to fitness issues as he’s not played a lot of football recently.

Felt a bit sorry for Curran up top as he was isolated for most of the game. He won his fair share of battles and held the ball up well but lacked much support. I think Robson could have done with getting a bit closer to him. He’s not suited to playing up there on his own though and is much better when played in a 4-4-2 where he has someone else to link up with.

Didn’t really get to see enough of O’Sullivan to pass judgement.

All in all we look better than before. 3pts would have been perfect there and the last minute goal is a real kick in the baws. We need to go on and beat Killie on Wednesday now, which won’t be easy.

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Ah well, that was a sickener but it was a must not lose game as opposed to a must win.

Dieng again was very good and comfortable in the goal. Best keeper we’ve had for a while and would absolutely love to get him signed up permanently.

Unsure about Horsefield. He started poorly but that could be down to nerves. Had a good second half and looks like he might be decent but will have to wait and see.

McGowan was excellent at the back and probably our MOTM. A massive upgrade on what we had before if he can keep up that level of performance.

Kusunga was solid enough although he does often get too square with his man. Let a few runners pass him by today.

Ralph had a very good first half - getting a few good balls into the box but was sloppy second half, giving the ball away a few times.

The big Swedish lad looked alright but looks like he might be a bit of a bombscare. Won his fair share of headers and tackles but on the ball looks extremely uncomfortable.

Andy Dales looked promising although his final ball needs improving. Gets into good positions only to be let down by the cross or a poor finish.

Scott Wright looked like the brightest of the new signings and could be the creative spark we’ve been lacking. Took his goal really well although he’s not a big fan of 50/50s which could get frustrating.

I was impressed with the boy Robson. Gets himself about and played a few nice passes and made some good forward runs with the ball through the middle. Im guessing he was taken off due to fitness issues as he’s not played a lot of football recently.

Felt a bit sorry for Curran up top as he was isolated for most of the game. He won his fair share of battles and held the ball up well but lacked much support. I think Robson could have done with getting a bit closer to him. He’s not suited to playing up there on his own though and is much better when played in a 4-4-2 where he has someone else to link up with.

Didn’t really get to see enough of O’Sullivan to pass judgement.

All in all we look better than before. 3pts would have been perfect there and the last minute goal is a real kick in the baws. We need to go on and beat Killie on Wednesday now, which won’t be easy.

Going to stick £20 on us beating Killie.

Absolutely resolute we are not going down and that this team will come good.

Going to stick £20 on us beating Killie.
Absolutely resolute we are not going down and that this team will come good.

I hope you’re right but I’m not as confident. We still don’t seem able to cope with midfielders running at us. We need the big Swedish lad (can’t spell his name) to come good as we’re really lacking a defensive midfielder.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Time to jump the gun and ask Neil Lennon if he fancy’s the manager’s job?

McIntyre should’ve put Nelson on instead of Miller when Hamilton went all out attack in the last 20 minutes to stretch the game.

Boooooooooo 

No yenitit 

Boooooooooo

Was told Nelson picked up a "niggle" in warm up. I wasn't there.

I was super sceptical of McIntyre but off the back of leaving county he needs this gig to be a success or down the league's he goes.

Signings so far seem of a different calibre to McCann's.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Good manager. We need to be proactive. 

I get what you're saying, but fully backing one manager and allowing him to create a whole new team, and then immediately binning him for another doesn't seem like the best idea. Also, screw Lennon.

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I get what you're saying, but fully backing one manager and allowing him to create a whole new team, and then immediately binning him for another doesn't seem like the best idea. Also, screw Lennon.

Results simply aren’t good enough under McIntyre. Not a fan of any tactics that only includes 1 striker either. Out thought tactically in the end by Rice today. 

I wouldn't judge McIntyre on any results before January when he was pissing with McCann's cock we've take 4 points from 9 in Jan and should be 9 from 9 ... he'll be judged on results now as it's his team 
I just hope the 5 pts we've dropped in the last 2 games don't come back to haunt us - should have held on today and had our chances against Well but failed to take them.

Curran the new scapegoat then? Don’t think he has done much wrong tbh since he’s come in. Huge upgrade on boys like Kallman who some people were saying was promising. Like I’ve said, Curran was feeding off scraps for most of the game and had little support.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I work with a guy that played with Wright at Aberdeens youth team and he said that all he has been lacking is confidence, he is quick and good with the ball at his feet. Hopefully today's goal helps with the confidence issue.

He doesn't like being kicked. Needs to learn to cope with it in the same manner as Ryan Fraser.

26 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
42 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:
I wouldn't judge McIntyre on any results before January when he was pissing with McCann's cock we've take 4 points from 9 in Jan and should be 9 from 9 ... he'll be judged on results now as it's his team 

I just hope the 5 pts we've dropped in the last 2 games don't come back to haunt us - should have held on today and had our chances against Well but failed to take them.

Me too mate...but 4 points from 3 games 2 of which were away is decent for us ...just the order we got them in is frustrating....we all expected a defeat v hearts and pick up points v well and Hamilton

Curran the new scapegoat then? Don’t think he has done much wrong tbh since he’s come in. Huge upgrade on boys like Kallman who some people were saying was promising. Like I’ve said, Curran was feeding off scraps for most of the game and had little support.
Nothing against him - I just don't think that he should be played in that position when I believe there are more natural players to fit there.

I really like Curran up front for us. He's not gonna score many goals for us, but he keeps the ball at the right end of the pitch with his hold up play better than any of our other options and he's absolutely terrorising defences with the constant pressure he puts them under.