All things Dundee FC

McIntyre loved a 3-5-2 at county.

Fair enough actually that would work. Absolutely buzzing about tomorrow for the first time in a wee while.

Mon the Dee.

can see him going 3 at the back often.

dieng

McGowan Odea Kusunga

Hadenius

wright woods robson/O'Sullivan dales

nelson miller

that leaves:-

parish

hamilton

kerr

ralph

horsfield

curran

robson/O'Sullivan

McGowan

c.curran

Jeffries

have i missed anyone?

anyway plenty of options there to change personnel and formation

eta jeffries

25 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
30 minutes ago, Crawford said:
My biggest concern is a less than scrupulous team identifying our ONE and ONLY LB as a target, and, should a sporting injury occur, an easy way in.

yeah thats the only position that doesnt have an obvious replacement but theres still options. its a disaster but kerr can cover LB or a shift to 352 with a deep defensive midfielder. that would stifle opponents. there is options within the squad

The thing about left back is it's the easiest position on the pitch to fill in at. You aren't really relied on to go forward so if you sit tight, don't get done over your right foot and are prepared to put your body on the line to stop the cross you will be fine.

However it is one of the hardest positions on the pitch to be really good at.  Teams that have a stand out left back are rare. That's why the Tierneys and Robertsons of this world are sought after. We actually do have a decent one for our level so are quite comfy really.

The thing about left back is it's the easiest position on the pitch to fill in at. You aren't really relied on to go forward so if you sit tight, don't get done over your right foot and are prepared to put your body on the line to stop the cross you will be fine.
However it is one of the hardest positions on the pitch to be really good at.  Teams that have a stand out left back are rare. That's why the Tierneys and Robertsons of this world are sought after. We actually do have a decent one for our level so are quite comfy really.
agreed. Ralph was really come on. i slated him to begin with, particularly after the dunfermiline game, but glad he has shut me up. unless he sustains a serious injury im happy with what we have.

can always play kusunga out there again [emoji23]

1 hour ago, srw said:

We will still be paying for Moussa, Mendy, Ngwatala, Madianga and Deacon though. Either as a lump sum, or more likely ongoing payments.

Cheers McCann.

Left by mutual consent implies pay off and no longer on the payroll.

Cut and shut or lower monthly payments until the amount owed is payed or they find employment.

My biggest concern is a less than scrupulous team identifying our ONE and ONLY LB as a target, and, should a sporting injury occur, an easy way in.

Push comes to shove and Kerr would have to play there.

He's done it before - in fact some of his games at LB have been better than at RB because he's had to stay fully focussed in defensive duties.

Surprised to see Deacon out on a free.

He was alright at the start but he’s permanently injured and has become so slow. Can’t remember the last time I saw him beat a full back.
He'll be with Aberdeen by Wednesday.

Eh? Surely not. He’s not good enough for us, he’s nowhere near good enough for them.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Surprised to see Deacon out on a free.

For the last few games he's been devoid of motivation and involved for at the most the odd nanosecond. He had two shots in five minutes against the Well, apart from that he might as well have taken the whiteliner machine and highlighted the pitch markings such was his endevaour, enthusiasm and effort both in backtracking and offensive play. He's had glass and chocolate legs and hasn't played that much despite an encouraging start.

A big disappointment tbh, so off, as like many of McCann's signings they are delicate wee ball wizards and at our level we require a substantial amount of graft, Deacon is not in this mold.

54 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

He was alright at the start but he’s permanently injured and has become so slow. Can’t remember the last time I saw him beat a full back.

Eh? Surely not. He’s not good enough for us, he’s nowhere near good enough for them.

They wanted him during the summer window but McCann didn't want him to go.

We were low balled. Now they can have him for free.

Deacon is completely pish, has done f**k all in a season and a half. Can’t believe how much support he gets and Cammy gets slaughtered. Cammy could have hidden for the last 12 months, like Deacon and we all be talking about how great he is. Cammy is not the bad!