All things Dundee FC

I celebrated the goals today and the win but sadly the results mean we are stuck with McCann. As for United, it’s become standard for them to be such an embarrassment. The good thing is we won’t be seeings any dabs around here for a while.

Great day today, beaming from ear to ear for the first Saturday in ages. I'm sure Nelms will consider this a turnaround but I really really really hope he's not completely convinced. Unless of course we play a blinder against Killie, which I am struggling to imagine. Regardless, it's time for some happiness.

As for United, what more can you expect of a mid-table Championship going up against one of the Promotion candidates? I bet they can't even afford to sack Shabba haha.

Another plus point today was the performance of the 2 centrehalfs. Both defended very well. 

I thought Innis looked quite shaky first 20 minutes or so. That mix up between him and Parish could of been a fucking disaster. But I agree, he played well as the game went on. f**k knows how he missed that chance though.

I thought Spence was outstanding, best game I’ve seen him for us.

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

I thought Innis looked quite shaky first 20 minutes or so. That mix up between him and Parish could of been a fucking disaster. But I agree, he played well as the game went on. f**k knows how he missed that chance though.

I thought Spence was outstanding, best game I’ve seen him for us.

Any idea what formation that was we were playing today? Can’t make my mind up if it was some bizarre 4-2-2-1-1, a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 very narrow, a 4-2-2-2, a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-4-2 with Elton & Nabi not having a clue where they were meant to be?  :blink:

Elton and Nabi aren’t good enough. Elton appears to have less tactical nouse than El Bahktoui. 

Any idea what formation that was we were playing today? Can’t make my mind up if it was some bizarre 4-2-2-1-1, a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 very narrow, a 4-2-2-2, a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-4-2 with Elton & Nabi not having a clue where they were meant to be?  :blink:

Elton and Nabi aren’t good enough. Elton appears to have less tactical nouse than El Bahktoui. 

I think it was a narrow diamond although I could be wrong. The width seemed to come from the fullbacks, that’s why I think it was a narrow midfield. Nabi is mince and strikes me as a really lazy player, he didn’t do a lot and wasted a really good chance second half. Deacon did more in his 5 or so minutes than Nabi did the whole game.

Jury is still out on Kallman for me. His touch isn’t great and it’s actually hard to figure it if he’s quick or not. Sometime he looks like a sloth then the next minute he produces a burst of pace. I actually thought we missed Moussa’s hold up play today.

Good to see when the 2nd went in that it meant a lot to the players and every single one of them participated in the celebrations including Parish. Sometimes loan players don’t really care as much for the club but all 3 on the pitch at the time looked like they cared.