All things Dundee FC

There’s only so much Swanson can do for Dundee if there’s nobody there to put the ball in the net. I don’t think he’s want Dundee need at all, their midfield is the least of the worries.

Would take Konrad back and can believe he’s the kind of player McCann wants at centre half. Prone to a mistake but a decent ball player. 

Cant see the Swanson signing, it would provide width and McCann seems keen to play a narrow or diamond midfield. Would take him at Dens, if he was fit he’d absolutely be an asset in this Dundee team. 

Unpopular opinion here by the looks of things but I’d take Swanson in a minute. Exactly the type of player we need. 

Can any Dee remember what a wide midfielder is again :(

oh and Conrad’s a no from me. Rather see Waddell back or Jefferies given a chance. The last thing we need is another centrehalf. 

Edited by Yenitit

10 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Cant see the Swanson signing, it would provide width and McCann seems keen to play a narrow or diamond midfield. Would take him at Dens, if he was fit he’d absolutely be an asset in this Dundee team. 

He's not just a winger though, he also played well centrally off the striker for us at times. Good at getting on the ball and driving forward, and very dangerous around the box.

8 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Just watched the highlights from Saturday, totally agree with what folk have been saying about Meekings. He really is fucking useless and is wholly responsible for the opportunity being there for Watt to score.

I’m blaming Mendy. Too saft and easily brushed off the ball leading to Watt getting played in. Can only presume Meekings was so far behind the rest because he was making himself available for a pass from Mendy. 

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

There’s only so much Swanson can do for Dundee if there’s nobody there to put the ball in the net. I don’t think he’s want Dundee need at all, their midfield is the least of the worries.

We're absolutely clueless when we get into the final third and we need someone who's capable of providing a bit of width and getting decent balls into the box. We've just signed someone who looks like a decent enough goalscorer but the lack of chances we've provided means it's basically impossible to judge whether they're good or not.

It's easy enough to look at our results and say that we need a goalscorer, but until we either change our style of play or sign someone who's able to let us do so we could sign umpteen strikers and nothing would change.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

"The Ross County way"

Anyway, what the hell has happened to Meekings? A few seasons ago Warren and Meekings formed arguably one of the best partnerships in Scotland. Whilst Warren has declined with age Meekings should be hitting his prime now but seems to be costing you guys a fair few goals with some bizarre mistakes.

Is he being let down by his partner in defence or is he just not as good as he used to be?

It's a strange one. I thought his signing was a bit of a coup but as you say he's costing us goals and did last season. His mistake on Saturday was bizarre and as much as everyone is bleating on about chances not being created and not having a striker - the mistake cost us a game we otherwise dominated in large parts. No idea why he's trying to do playing offside. 

As for the "We need to sign a striker" brigade, we have, but Kallman had one chance created for him on Saturday and was 6 inches away from producing a good finish. On the highlights there was an instance, similar to the Ayr game, where he made a great run and McGowan chose to blaze over the bar rather than slip him in. You could see his frustration that he'd made a good run but McGowan made the wrong choice. I may be completely wrong here but I like the look of Kallman. 

We can go on and on about the manager needing to go but there's not a huge amount he can do with regards to on the field decision making. In the examples above Meekings and McGowan need to make better decisions. 

I still saw enough on Saturday to remain slightly positive - Madianga and Kamara looked to have a good understanding. If Kasunga is back in on Saturday I still think the team is set perfectly to play with 3 at the back and would take a lot of pressure off Curran and Ralph defensively.

It's a no to Konrad. Likeable player but not tall enough for a centre half. Remember losing a few goals when he was beaten in the air. How many centre halves do we need anyway? Would take Swanson but feel he's another good player who will slip through our fingers.

If someone offered me the option right now of selling Caulker, punting O'Dea and bringing in Konrad, Swanson and some other random foreign striker I'd forego our desperate need for a LB and be extremely happy with that business tbh. 

Moussa’s header at the end just gets worse every time you see it.  In fairness to him because of the type of chip into him he had no chance of getting any power BUT the very basic rule for a striker is if you can’t get any power try to put the header out of reach of the goalkeeper.  Moussa directs his free header bang in the middle of the goal.  Not even remotely a challenge on him 7 yards out, so no excuses.   Absolute basic stuff that he gets wrong again.  The man is not a striker.

I’m blaming Mendy. Too saft and easily brushed off the ball leading to Watt getting played in. Can only presume Meekings was so far behind the rest because he was making himself available for a pass from Mendy. 
My thoughts exactly. Can't believe Mendy is getting a free ride . He's an absolute hider.
Brings absolutely nothing to the team.

My thoughts exactly. Can't believe Mendy is getting a free ride . He's an absolute hider.
Brings absolutely nothing to the team.

Agree definitely his fault.

Think people giving Meekings it a bit tight and totally undeserved, he’s a decent centre back and cracking passer of the ball also the same with Caulker I honestly don’t see him doing too much wrong, centre backs are always going to make mistakes even top level ones but both Meekings and Caulker do a lot more right than wrong IMO, we have definitely had worse at this level.

I think a massive problem is half the team are no where near fit which is a joke.

We need a LB and a manager.

We have a creative but narrow midfield.

We have a lot of cover in CDef.

We have a good quality keeper but we are using the shite.

Out of all that we need bang for buck the biggest improvement we could make is a manager.

Then a LB to try and stem the leak coming from that side.

Anything else is just putting a plaster over a gaping wound.