All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, K.T said:

Fell out with McCann*

*Not really, but probably based on everything that’s been said the last week.

It's shocking that he has the job or got the job in the first place because he -

1) Thinks it's a social club - Likes Spence who is too shit for Dunfermline but apparently good enough for Dundee.

Likewise starts shit with our best players and benches them or loans them out.

2) No experience - None. When given the job he literally had the same qualifications as my P.E teacher when I was at school. Played professional football and was a coach at Glentoran. That's it.

3) Is retardant to learning on the job - Every weakness we had when he began his tenure remains and some have actually gotten worse. The out from the back thing is still happening (all be it less strict but still) and continuing to field a nonsense keeper after multiple shootable offences.

Edited by Crawford
Grammar

51 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It's shocking that he has the job or got the job in the first place because he -

1) Thinks it's a social club - Likes Spence who is too shit for Dunfermline but apparently good enough for Dundee.

Likewise starts shit with our best players and benches them or loans them out.

2) No experience - None. When given the job he literally had the same qualifications as my P.E teacher when I was at school. Played professional football and was a coach at Glentoran. That's it.

3) Is retardant to learning on the job - Every weakness he had when he began his tenure remains and some have actually gotten worse. The out from the back thing is still happening (all be it less strict but still) and fielding a nonsense keeper after multiple shootable offences.

Well said, sick to death of the shite now.

5 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Do we think McCann will be away if we don’t win on Saturday? Personally feel like he’s had plenty time to get things right or at least improve and hasn’t. I want him to succeed but patience is pretty much no existent now 

Unfortunately we have a managers dream board where bad results are taken with a pinch of salt. 

I like the stability aspect and it gives a manager a real chance to make things right but McCann is steadfast in not learning or caring to learn.

Again great job by the club giving new blood a chance and not going for another club's reject but you can't just go and give the job to any guy that owns a tracksuit.

If we lose to the farmers and Motherwell I think it will be curtains. 

Do we think McCann will be away if we don’t win on Saturday? Personally feel like he’s had plenty time to get things right or at least improve and hasn’t. I want him to succeed but patience is pretty much no existent now 

Even if we get beat 6-0 on Saturday it would make no difference,the owners have lots of patience and would stick with the manager.

The fans reaction would be a whole different story though.

1 hour ago, MarbellaDEE said:

I dont believe he will be sacked any time soon. I fancy us to get a draw on Saturday anyway.

Just listened to ex dee Sean Higgins podcast about his career on tell him he’s pele. Came across really well and spoke well about his time at dens. What’s everyone’s thoughts on his time at dens?

Just listened to ex dee Sean Higgins podcast about his career on tell him he’s pele. Came across really well and spoke well about his time at dens. What’s everyone’s thoughts on his time at dens?
he was a grafter and chipped in with a few goals. he wasnt the most gifted of players.

was it not him that played for weeks during the deefiant season with a minute steak in his boot to protect a blister? sure it was McCann that suggested it

he was a grafter and chipped in with a few goals. he wasnt the most gifted of players.

was it not him that played for weeks during the deefiant season with a minute steak in his boot to protect a blister? sure it was McCann that suggested it

Yeah he mentioned the steak

4 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Just came on to see if anyone had any news on the Austrian guy - what's the rumour about the West Ham defender tho?

4 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Just came on to see if anyone had any news on the Austrian guy - what's the rumour about the West Ham defender tho?

Josh pask, been linked with a season long loan on West ham forums

Just now, Juantwothree said:

Josh pask, been linked with a season long loan on West ham forums

Cheers man, I'd not heard that one - could be a decent I guess if McCann is thinking about going 3-5-2, otherwise we're going to have a few spare CB's rattling about the place again...