All things Dundee FC

McCann saying in his post match interview that that's one of the worst performances/results he's ever been involved in. 

I've stepped back from my absolute heads gone yesterday but by God do we need to see an improvement against St Johnstone next week. Points on the table or point him out the door. 

6 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Worst thing is I actually went on Wiki to check.

My bad.

I'd like to see our young keeper tested as well, he's certainly looked the part so far when I've watched him.

Aside from Shankland I though Garvie stood out most from Ayrs point of view. Some of his overlapping runs were very good.

McCall “Identifying” 4 left back means nothing at all. Dundee have had 2, that we know of, left backs on trial this summer as well as signing Ralph so he can clearly “identify” them. Whether or not they’re any good or not is a different story.

Also, to suggest 3-4 of Ayrs team would walk into the Dundee 11 is also a massive over reaction, IMO.

One of he biggest disappointments yesterday was the fact that we barely laid a glove, so to speak, on a completely untested 20 year old goalkeeper.
Robbie Crawford (blonde hair, no 8) would absolutely walk into your midfield. He seems to be exactly the type of player Dundee need, and will undoubtedly playing in the top league next year (barring injuries).

I done some number crunching a couple of year back and here's the results now including McCann's record for comparative reasons:

Neil McCann - GP: 59 W21 D9 L29. WR: 35.59%

Paul Hartley - GP: 138 W: 46 D: 37 L: 55. WR: 33.33%.

John Brown - GP: 39. W: 18. D: 8. L: 13. WR: 46.15%

Barry Smith - GP: 102. W: 39 D: 27 L: 36. WR: 38.24%

Gordon Chisholm - GP: 21. W: 8 D: 5. L: 8 WR: 38.09%

Jocky Scott - GP: 65. W: 31. D: 13. L: 21. WR: 47.69%

Alex Rae - GP: 97. W: 42. D: 22. L: 33. WR: 43.29%

Alan Kernaghan - GP: 37. W: 9 D: 16 L: 12 WR: 24.32%

Jim Duffy - GP: 142. W: 44. D: 38. L: 60 WR: 30.99%

Ivano Bonetti - GP: 90 W: 29 D: 21 L: 40 WR: 32.22%

Jocky Scott - GP: 95 W: 35 D: 18 L: 42 WR: 36.84%

John McCormack - GP: 47 W: 22 D: 15 L: 10 WR: 46.81%

Jim Duffy - GP: 137 W: 57 D: 42 L: 38 WR: 41.61%

I done some number crunching a couple of year back and here's the results now including McCann's record for comparative reasons:
Neil McCann - GP: 59 W21 D9 L29. WR: 35.59%
Paul Hartley - GP: 138 W: 46 D: 37 L: 55. WR: 33.33%.
John Brown - GP: 39. W: 18. D: 8. L: 13. WR: 46.15%
Barry Smith - GP: 102. W: 39 D: 27 L: 36. WR: 38.24%
Gordon Chisholm - GP: 21. W: 8 D: 5. L: 8 WR: 38.09%
Jocky Scott - GP: 65. W: 31. D: 13. L: 21. WR: 47.69%
Alex Rae - GP: 97. W: 42. D: 22. L: 33. WR: 43.29%
Alan Kernaghan - GP: 37. W: 9 D: 16 L: 12 WR: 24.32%
Jim Duffy - GP: 142. W: 44. D: 38. L: 60 WR: 30.99%
Ivano Bonetti - GP: 90 W: 29 D: 21 L: 40 WR: 32.22%
Jocky Scott - GP: 95 W: 35 D: 18 L: 42 WR: 36.84%
John McCormack - GP: 47 W: 22 D: 15 L: 10 WR: 46.81%
Jim Duffy - GP: 137 W: 57 D: 42 L: 38 WR: 41.61%

Funnily enough Jocky’s first spell quoted, at 36.84% was an enjoyable time for me.

Steven Boyack was class.

Special mention to Alan kerneghan who very nearly got us out of div 1 at the 1st attempt.... unfortunately it was in the wrong direction....that was what you call a brutal season...one game where we plummeted to new depths was 2-0 up at home v Airdrie 3 mins to go and we lost the game 3-2 brutal stuff 

Funnily enough Jocky’s first spell quoted, at 36.84% was an enjoyable time for me.

Steven Boyack was class.
i loved that period as well. was fairly gutted when jocky got the punt. boyack was indeed class but ivano had him training with the youths!

4 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
35 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Steven Boyack was class.

i loved that period as well. was fairly gutted when jocky got the punt. boyack was indeed class but ivano had him training with the youths!

It's amazing how differently managers view players was it McCormack who was trying to punt Gavin Rae to brechin or the like and bonetti turned him into a great player 

It's amazing how differently managers view players was it McCormack who was trying to punt Gavin Rae to brechin or the like and bonetti turned him into a great player 
yeah it was McCormack. that was around the time i started attending dens regularly and i can remember the abuse Rae used to get from the stands. dont think many thought he would turn out ro be integral to the club

I'm away to be very controversial and make a sweeping statement, but based on 45 minutes of actions and 1 training period, Kallman worried me. He didn't seem fast and I can't remember him touching the ball. I'm obviously not writing him off but it wasn't an auspicious start.

Moussa in his 15 minutes of craziness embarrassingly looked like our most effective forward in the limited time he was on. I'm beginning to worry that Mendy is just pish and it doesn't matter who partners him.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm away to be very controversial and make a sweeping statement, but based on 45 minutes of actions and 1 training period, Kallman worried me. He didn't seem fast and I can't remember him touching the ball. I'm obviously not writing him off but it wasn't an auspicious start.

Moussa in his 15 minutes of craziness embarrassingly looked like our most effective forward in the limited time he was on. I'm beginning to worry that Mendy is just pish and it doesn't matter who partners him.

The best players we have had at Dens bar Hamilton Spence and Moussa in a long time.

Bar how Hartley left us and how that was handled with him back at the helm with this squad we would be pushing top six easily.

His recruitment was dire but his game plans worked or resulted in a draw at least.

He played a really nice 1-2 with Nabi which lead to Nabi flashing the ball across the box and being cleared in the 6 yard box.

His movement looked quite good and won a couple of headers. For example, immediately before the goal kick for Shanklands first goal he was begging on the ball being squared from Curran as he would have had a tap it having got in front of the CB.

I’d never be judging a new player after 45mins yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

Anybody know why Gowser was missing yesterday?

Read elsewhere that him and McCann had words on Saturday...if true that will be another of our better players benched then out the door...I want McCann to do well but I think he has zero man management skills.

5 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

Read elsewhere that him and McCann had words on Saturday...if true that will be another of our better players benched then out the door...I want McCann to do well but I think he has zero man management skills.

I was afraid of that.  I hope it's not true.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Both McCormack and Brown got sacked while sitting top of the table .
Hartley got sacked for having 1 very bad season :-(

We were going down under Hartley. McCann gave us the new manager bounce, and we got the 2 wins and a draw that kept us up in his first 3 games. 

Then we lose the next 2 , which with hindsight, should have told us something about McCann's longer term abilities. 

4 minutes ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

I was afraid of that.  I hope it's not true.

Seems to be happening quite a lot now....the company I work for has a lower level manager who has had dozens of run ins with employees .. countless times he's been reported...finally senior management are coming round to the idea that all these employees can't be wrong...hope our board nip this in the bud quickly