All things Dundee FC

One thing is clear.  McCann still doesn’t know his best line up and I don’t think he ever will.  I really hoped it would work out for him but I just don’t think he is cut out for management.  He has had enough time and money from the board to make his ideas work and he has quite simply failed.  

McCann has made it abundantly clear he wants his team to play passing football played out from the back.  He has been unable to assemble a team capable of playing such football.  In truth there are very few teams in the country that can play this way.  Despite all of this he has made it clear he will not change.  There really is only one option left open to the board now.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We’ve made a mistake with Hamilton, we just need to accept that and move on. I also don’t think CW33 is going to make it, no shit Sherlock!

Most suspected Hamilton was a mistake when he was bought (yes bought!).  Even more now presumably think it was a mistake.  Will McCann though?

I said after the St Mirren game that McCann would play Hamilton for 3 or 4 games before dropping him for Parish.  He will then play Parish for 3 or 4 games before dropping him and so it will go on.   McCann has done this with just about every player.  Absolutely crazy that he does not seem to think having a steady team, particularly in defence is important.

McCann is just fucking stupid.

If Arsenal are being told they don't have the players to play out from the back then why the f**k is he still trying to do it?

Why does he insist in playing with our two best players on the bench?

Why does he keep playing with zero width?

Why does he keep persisting with Eeyore?

Why the f**k did he pay money for Hamilton?

28 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

A nonsense (I hope) rumour on twitter about John Hughes has given me the complete fear and rounded off a horrible day football wise.

It seems pretty obvious thats where you lot are headed, tbf. 

He talks the talk and his CV probably looks impressive once he bullshits away the failures.

I've had time to reflect on the game and I'm not as much of a seething mess as I was a couple of hours ago, but my feelings regarding McCann haven't changed. 

It's hard to dislike the guy because he talks such a good game, but we're a poor team and pretty much always have been since he's taken charge.

The way he wants to play football is admirable but he's not got the abilities to successfully pull it off and it's a struggle to think of occasions where his in-game management have turned a game in our favour. We were absolutely clueless today and so was he.

I don't think we're at any point ever going to be rooted at the bottom of the table, but we're always going to be mediocre as f**k and battling relegation when he's in charge. Crowds are going to dwindle at home because people are bored out of their skulls watching us playing horrendous football where we look devoid of any idea or gameplan. I know there's no chance I won't, but I was sitting watching that today thinking that I couldn't be fucked to go through to Perth and have my 4th Saturday in a row being shat on and getting wound up by the manner which we lost. If that's from someone who spends most of their time on their phone reading a Scottish football forum about Dundee and will pretty much buy a season ticket in spite of whatever shite's on the park, then there's absolutely no chance that fans who don't attend as much are going to get converted into regulars. It's demoralising as f**k and that's before you even go into the fact that we've been knocked out of what's 1 of 2 chances a year to get some real excitement around the place and actually allow ourselves to dream that we might not once embarrass ourselves in cup competitions. 

It basically comes down to whether or not another manager could get us playing better and picking up more points and IMO there's no doubt about it whatsoever so it's an easy decision. Cheers Neil, you're a likeable guy and will always be welcome here but you're never a football manager. 

Robbie Neilson or David Hopkin please.

Edited by Louis Litt

I don't like throwing the manager under the bus after a bad defeat, but when you look at the results and performances since the beginning of last season, there's just no sign of either progression or improvement. Today was just abject. I was starting to feel positive after a competent display against Aberdeen, and the announcement of the signing of what looks like a good striker. Then kick off happened. Ayr all over us. No sense of urgency, no forward movement, sideways passes only, no penetration. Add to that bombscare performances from the centre halfs and goalkeeper, and there was only going to be one result. CW33 looked totally uninterested in the game, as did the whole team when Ayr had the ball.  And Moussa. To be fair, he got stuck in when he came on, which was more than most were doing. I felt the ref was card happy with the yellow, but like it or not, he's the guy in charge. Moussa didn't get this, even with McCann screaming at him to calm down, and he still went on clattering into Ayr players with the inevitable result. Idiot.

So is the latest depression any different from all the other  Dens disappointments we've suffered over the last season? I think so. Why is Caulker on the bench? Another fall out keeping out best player out the team? Where's Gowser? Kamara just back from injury so I can understand him being on the bench. But this to me looks like a manager who has lost at least half the dressing room. 

Sad to say, McCann is a club legend, but I think it's time for a change.

I know Dee fans and other football fans alike ridicule me for looking to the past with the likes of Duffy and Jocky, but I'd rather stick with what we have than have any of Neilson, Hughes or Hopkin. Oft. 

That said, our board like to go left field so hopefully they would again.

22 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I've had time to reflect on the game and I'm not as much of a seething mess as I was a couple of hours ago, but my feelings regarding McCann haven't changed. 

It's hard to dislike the guy because he talks such a good game, but we're a poor team and pretty much always have been since he's taken charge.

The way he wants to play football is admirable but he's not got the abilities to successfully pull it off and it's a struggle to think of occasions where his in-game management has turned a game in our favour. We were absolutely clueless today and so was he.

I don't think we're at any point ever going to be rooted at the bottom of the table, but we're always going to be mediocre as f**k and battling relegation when he's in charge. Crowds are going to dwindle at home because people are bored out of their skulls watching us playing horrendous football where we look devoid of any idea or gameplan. I know there's no chance I won't, but I was sitting watching that today thinking that I couldn't be fucked to go through to Perth and have my 4th Saturday in a row being shat on and getting wound up by the manner which we lost. If that's from someone who spends most of their time on their phone reading a Scottish football forum about Dundee and will pretty much buy a season ticket in spite of whatever shite's on the park, then there's absolutely no chance that fans who don't attend as much are going to get converted into regulars. It's demoralising as f**k and that's before you even go into the fact that we've been knocked out of what's 1 of 2 chances a year to get some real excitement around the place and actually allow ourselves to dream that we might not once embarrass ourselves in cup competitions. 

It basically comes down to whether or not another manager could get us playing better and picking up more points and IMO there's no doubt about it whatsoever so it's an easy decision. Cheers Neil, you're a likeable guy and will always be welcome here but you're never a football manager. 

Robbie Neilson or David Hopkin please.

When I look at last years season book, I see more unused tickets than used. Some games I can't make because of work, but others last year I just got sick fed up of the dreadful displays and the inevitable defeats. These performances are killing our club, at a time when we should be capitalising on our position as the top team in the city, and building and strengthening the fan base. 

I second the call for Neilson or Hopkin. 

Or even McCall.

thank f**k i was too ill to make it today. reading the updates of our matches is drepressing enough.

it would seem curran played well today? can anyone who made the game name any other positives? there must be at least one other positive!?