All things Dundee FC

On 31/01/2018 at 22:29, Shadow Play said:

The situation is different.

In selling Armstrong United sold their best and most intelligent player.  Hendry is a leader but Kamara is better.  

Jackie never brought in any decent replacements.  I’m confident McCann will not fall into the same trap.

McCann’s been in the job for less than a year and looks like he’s going to make a £1M profit on the first (yes there will be others) major sale of a player he brought in.  

I wish Hendry would stay but all things considered I’m more upset that we haven’t managed to move O’Dea on!

On 31/01/2018 at 22:31, srw said:

Who is McCann going to get in the next 88 minutes?

We all to have more faith in McCann and the board.  OK he took longer than 88 minutes but I reckon Caulker is worth the wait.

I think this is great business by Dundee, I was genuinely surprised that an English Championship team (or Celtic for that matter) didn't scoop him up in January and getting him for 18 months is even better business.  If he does really well then Dundee could sell him for some decent cash, or they will have a very good CB for a year and a half.  Either way a win-win

That looks like a tremendous signing on paper however as we have found to our cost, these 'big names' that are free in february, are a bit of a gamble. Can any St Johnstone fans tell us how much his weekly wage is?

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

That looks like a tremendous signing on paper however as we have found to our cost, these 'big names' that are free in february, are a bit of a gamble. Can any St Johnstone fans tell us how much his weekly wage is?

Have to wait until the January update on FM. 

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

Great signing - although I'm intrigued why no-one down south would touch someone with his pedigree (regardless of his mental health issues).  Any background on that?

His interview in the Evening Telegraph quoted him as saying:

The big defender has previously spoken openly about his struggles with addiction and mental health and saw the move to Dens as “a chance to get away from everything back home.”