All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

However I can acknowledge Hartley managed this. You seem to have missed that part when you mentioned Hartley failure as a manager.

If we get relegated or say finish 11th, who is to blame ? And is it a matter of a slap on the hand and keep everything as it is?

I mentioned Hartley’s failure as a manager in the context of the financial consequences his poor signings are still having on the club.  Yes he deserves credit for getting us promoted but his expensive penultimate  transfer window is hard to ignore.

Agree with you on one thing though now is the time for everyone to turn up and get behind the team.  

Edited by Shadow Play

Here's a list of players we need to make decisions on at the end of the season due to their contracts expiring:

Scott Bain - Punt.
Elliot Parish - Keep.
Jeremy Malherbe - Punt (Wouldn't be adverse to keeping him - Know nothing about him, but would like to strengthen the goalkeeping position. I like Parish but I reckon we can do better)
Kevin Holt - Punt
Jon Aurtenetzxe - Keep
Julen Etxabeguren - Punt
Josh Meekings (Option) - Keep
Kosta Gadzhalov - Keep (But he'll be punted)
Nicky Low - Punt
Mark O'Hara - Keep
Paul McGowan - Keep
Jesse Curran - Punt
Lewis Spence - Punt
Simon Murray (Loan) - Punt (Not that Hibs will allow us to keep him anyways)
A-Jay Leitch Smith (Loan) - Punt (Knows where the net is. Sometimes. Doesn't contribute much else)

Here's a list of players we need to make decisions on at the end of the season due to their contracts expiring:
Scott Bain - Punt.
Elliot Parish - Keep.
Jeremy Malherbe - Punt (Wouldn't be adverse to keeping him - Know nothing about him, but would like to strengthen the goalkeeping position. I like Parish but I reckon we can do better)
Kevin Holt - Punt
Jon Aurtenetzxe - Keep
Julen Etxabeguren - Punt
Nicky Low - Punt
Mark O'Hara - Keep
Paul McGowan - Keep
Jesse Curran - Punt
Lewis Spence - Punt
A-Jay Leitch Smith (Loan) - Punt (Knows where the net is. Sometimes. Doesn't contribute much else)

Agree accept Spence who is not on big wages and hasn’t looked that out of place. Curran and Murray - haven’t seen enough to tell.

Would have to say after watching the highlights of the Ross County.. it would be easy to blame the Dundee players for that performance.

But NeilMccan surely has to take most of the flak for it ?  Trying to play football from defence is okay when you have players that can do it..

With Hendry leaving late and him being some what unprepared surley you dont try and keep playing that way ? 

Just a opinion btw not being a knob.

Would have to say after watching the highlights of the Ross County.. it would be easy to blame the Dundee players for that performance.
But NeilMccan surely has to take most of the flak for it ?  Trying to play football from defence is okay when you have players that can do it..
With Hendry leaving late and him being some what unprepared surley you dont try and keep playing that way ? 
Just a opinion btw not being a knob.

It’s a tough one. Whilst laudable playing out from the back, the loss of Hendry who was most comfortable on the ball, makes it a lot more risky. Add in a lack of flair in the midfield to unlock, or pass through, defensive formations, makes it all a bit pointless.

At the end of all that, I agree with you. Long ball to Haber and try and pick up the scraps is looking better and better.

35 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It’s a tough one. Whilst laudable playing out from the back, the loss of Hendry who was most comfortable on the ball, makes it a lot more risky. Add in a lack of flair in the midfield to unlock, or pass through, defensive formations, makes it all a bit pointless.

At the end of all that, I agree with you. Long ball to Haber and try and pick up the scraps is looking better and better.

Just looked like County completely took advantage of the fact they knew yous would try and play out from the back after loosing your best footballer in defence.

Mccann Made County and Coyle look good 

46 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Just looked like County completely took advantage of the fact they knew yous would try and play out from the back after loosing your best footballer in defence.

Mccann Made County and Coyle look good 

To be fair, on our day we can make anyone look good

On 2/4/2018 at 15:10, Ludo*1 said:

Scott Bain - Punt.
Elliot Parish - Keep.
Kevin Holt - Punt
Jon Aurtenetzxe - Keep
Julen Etxabeguren - Punt
Nicky Low - Punt
Mark O'Hara - Keep
Paul McGowan - Keep
Jesse Curran - Punt
Lewis Spence - Punt

I'll say

Definitely Stay

• Paul McGowan
  • Mark O'Hara
  • Josh Meekings
  • Jon Aurtenexte

Leaning Stay

• AJ - Much worse than him around. I think with the turnover likely, we might want to keep a bit of consistency with some of the squad if we can. I actually think he's a very smart player and a bit underrated tbh.

Not Sure

• Jeremy Malherbe - Never seen him play
  • Genseric Kusunga - ^^
  • Elliot Parish - He's been reasonable but tbh, I'm not totally convinced on him as a top flight 'keeper - not happy with the range of him taking crosses. I'd want to keep him ideally to provide competition but if it becomes a choice between him and someone else, I'd maybe wish him well and let him go.
  • Lewis Spence - Probably our cheapest squad player. Don't think he's that bad and if he could show something to the end of the season, I'd consider keeping.
  • Jesse Curran - Similar reasons to above. I think he might need to go elsewhere for his own career but suspect he'll become a decent player when he bulks up.
  • Simon Murray - No idea how he'll do or the prospects of him staying so on the fence.

Leaning Punt

• Kevin Holt - Not composed enough for the possession game we play IMO.
  • Kostadin Gadzhalov 

Definitely Punt

• Nicky Low - injury prone
  • Julen Etxabeguren - injury prone

We've got O'Dea, Vincent, Moussa, Haber and Wolters who will have another year left and might be more obtainable to get rid of relatively cheaply this summer. Ideally, I'd like them to go as well. I don't think it's a horrific position to be in but unfortunately, I think some of the wrong players are signed up and we'll likely lose Jon and Kamara so need another rebuild job.

Edited by harry94

32 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I'll say

Definitely Stay

• Paul McGowan
  • Mark O'Hara
  • Josh Meekings
  • Jon Aurtenexte

Leaning Stay

• AJ - Much worse than him around. I think with the turnover likely, we might want to keep a bit of consistency with some of the squad if we can. I actually think he's a very smart player and a bit underrated tbh.

Not Sure

• Jeremy Malherbe - Never seen him play
  • Genseric Kusunga - ^^
  • Elliot Parish - He's been reasonable but tbh, I'm not totally convinced on him as a top flight 'keeper - not happy with the range of him taking crosses. I'd want to keep him ideally to provide competition but if it becomes a choice between him and someone else, I'd maybe wish him well and let him go.
  • Lewis Spence - Probably our cheapest squad player. Don't think he's that bad and if he could show something to the end of the season, I'd consider keeping.
  • Jesse Curran - Similar reasons to above. I think he might need to go elsewhere for his own career but suspect he'll become a decent player when he bulks up.
  • Simon Murray - No idea how he'll do or the prospects of him staying so on the fence.

Leaning Punt

• Kevin Holt - Not composed enough for the possession game we play IMO.
  • Kostadin Gadzhalov 

Definitely Punt

• Nicky Low - injury prone
  • Julen Etxabeguren - injury prone

We've got O'Dea, Vincent, Moussa, Haber and Wolters who will have another year left and might be more obtainable to get rid of relatively cheaply this summer. Ideally, I'd like them to go as well. I don't think it's a horrific position to be in but unfortunately, I think some of the wrong players are signed up and we'll likely lose Jon and Kamara so need another rebuild job.

Sorry Harry but reminding us that O’Dea, Vincent, Moussa, Haber and Wolters all still have another year on their contract is perhaps the most depressing post I’ve seen on here for a long time.

Heaven knows I’m miserable now.

24 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Sorry Harry but reminding us that O’Dea, Vincent, Moussa, Haber and Wolters all still have another year on their contract is perhaps the most depressing post I’ve seen on here for a long time.

Heaven knows I’m miserable now.

Have faith. Much more obtainable to get rid of them at a reasonable cost with only one year of their deal left.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Have faith. Much more obtainable to get rid of them at a reasonable cost with only one year of their deal left.

While we are being positive I’ve e mailed Giorgio Armani, Dolce & Gabbana and Paul Smith.  Pretty confident we can get rid of Haber off the books and into a full time modelling career with one of them.  Nothing much I can do about Moussa though.

While we are being positive I’ve e mailed Giorgio Armani, Dolce & Gabbana and Paul Smith.  Pretty confident we can get rid of Haber off the books and into a full time modelling career with one of them.  Nothing much I can do about Moussa though.

Mr. Hyde’s stunt double?

WTF [emoji23], stick to crochet not tactics! He won’t be back for a while yet, maybe make the split fixtures if he’s lucky.

He's been training with the team for the past two weeks you fucking roaster.

Good to see you're still hurting from that goal though.

Pleasing.