Mr Gandosaur

All things Dundee FC

Wasn't at school with him but did know Maurice Ross very well. He went to Lawside and kicked about with the same pals as me in St Marys/Ardler.

Mo Ross was some player. Sure he played with Dundee west before going to sevco? Remember playing against Paul Clark as well and Phil McGuire

1 minute ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Mo Ross was some player. Sure he played with Dundee west before going to sevco? Remember playing against Paul Clark as well and Phil McGuire

Yeah, Mo was top drawer. Hated playing against him for the school, good chance he'd tear you a new one haha. 

I remember he and Keith Gibson being at Rangers together as kids, they retained Mo but let Keith go. He went to Dundee, didn't make it to the first team but ended up carving a decent career for himself in the lower leagues with Peterhead, Forfar, Arbroath & Montrose.

I was at madras in St Andrews with Scott Gates who played for us when we were in the 1st/championship and came through the youth system. Was head and shoulders above everyone else at school, always thought he was destined for big things. 

12 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Rumour Holt coming to Queen of the South on loan anyone heard this?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Wish I wasn’t too old for it to be acceptable to fight rival schoolchildren at lunchtime anymore. Some laugh.
No travelling either to do it - they were the two schools they merged to make Baldragon.

No travelling either to do it - they were the two schools they merged to make Baldragon.

Mind hearing stories about that, sounded mental. I was at Meenie so it was just the Harris daftys in Lochee Park/Balgay ;)

It was quite the first year we merged but eventually it zimmered down.
More so the girls were the worst with the big f**k off biker boots back then.

We don't have a back up left back do we ?

Don’t think so. I’m presuming Holt has said ‘I want to be a starter’.

Anybody else annoyed that there is nothing happening during this window lol. We need a striker and a midfielder but there is f**k all happening 

Anybody else annoyed that there is nothing happening during this window lol. We need a striker and a midfielder but there is f**k all happening 

Seems to be a popular opinion that we need another midfielder but I feel we're more than covered in that area. Would much rather get another right back.

I was at menzieshill high. Can only think of mark fotheringham making it. Think Jamie winter went to meenie as well. Dab Scott Fraser was at menzieshill as well. According to some of the teachers he was a right wee fanny who loved himself. Anyone at school with anyone who went on to play professional football??

Was in the same class as Lewis Toshney at school. Remember being baffled that he was a defender when he could run rings around everyone.

42 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Seems to be a popular opinion that we need another midfielder but I feel we're more than covered in that area. Would much rather get another right back.

I just think if low and Vincent are away doesn't leave us with much in that area if there is any injuries. 

Don't we have Curran and Kerr ? And Ohara use to play in that position ? ( second bit I could be well off the mark).

We need a goalscorer . Think everywhere we seem not to bad. Allan needs to turn up and show what he is made of

3 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Nah no really. With the winter break and the 1st game back being the Cup game I never expected any signings until a week today at the earliest  other than a back up keeper. 

I’d be looking to replace El Bahktoui and Moussa with new signings other than that I’m happy enough with the rest of the squad. Wouldn’t mind giving Wolters 1 last chance in El Bahktoui’s position before binning him if he’s pish again. 

Edited by Yenitit

Don't we have Curran and Kerr ? And Ohara use to play in that position ? ( second bit I could be well off the mark).

We need a goalscorer . Think everywhere we seem not to bad. Allan needs to turn up and show what he is made of

Yeah we do but if Kerr was to pick up an injury keeping him out for 4/5/6 games i'm not sure I'd be too confident in either of those two stepping in. Both very good players but not natural right backs. Curran very good going forward but looked poor defensively when played in there, and I'd much rather have O'Hara playing through the middle.

Striker obviously paramount but I think I'd prefer we signed a right back before we signed another midfielder.

5 hours ago, Girth said:

Don’t think so. I’m presuming Holt has said ‘I want to be a starter’.

A twisted firestarter?