All things Dundee FC

35 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Of course not, hopefully Meekings and the new boy we've signed alongside getting Jon back in should help. There are at least players sitting out who are capable of changing today's backline.

There's practically no-one there to add any sort of attacking threat to support of strikers. Upfront is where we need/needed bodies.

Agree with this 100%. Anyone know why Holt has managed to find himself back in the starting 11?

I wish when McCann finds a formation that works he just sticks with it. Getting overrun down the wings today and not sorting it out was quite worrying. 

Not going back. We were under 5000 thousand fans today. We need the support and we need it for this bigger and better stadium away to get built.

I'm sick of listening to the shite that gets spouted around where I sit. I'll try moving seat first. Away games are much more enjoyable as these boo boys tend not to attend them.

To make matters worse my spy in the camp told me today that the management are now wondering if the new guy has played in ‘a year or maybe 2’ lol. I think signing this guy is totally mental. He’s got ‘absolute pish’ written all over him. We have enough distinctly average centre half’s at the club already.

Also, some of the things being shouted at our players today was disgusting. I'm close to not going back. Some c**t behind me genuinely boo'd Kevin Holt when he got the ball at one point.

I heard a few boos aimed at Holt too. I’ve always backed Holt but I think today you really saw what a difference Basque Jon makes.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Yes. Allowed - As McCann confirmed in his pre-match interview.

I'm not sure you understand how loan deals work, while simultaneously putting too much stock in what McCann said. I mean, he could have expressed the technical, legal position but saying "allow" is much simpler. 

Yes. Allowed - As McCann confirmed in his pre-match interview.

I agree Ludo. Tell Celtic as part of the Hendry deal Allan is going nowhere - what would they care - then get the Cunter in and tell him play for us or you don’t play again this season.

Just now, The Master said:

I'm not sure you understand how loan deals work, while simultaneously putting too much stock in what McCann said. I mean, he could have expressed the technical, legal position but saying "allow" is much simpler. 

Regardless of the Allan/Hibs situation, we held all the aces and could have nixed it instantly by refusing to sell Hendry if that went ahead. It's simple stuff. We could have sold Hendry in the summer, but we chose not to do so. We could have kept Allan until the summer but WE chose not to do so. Allan/Hibs/Celtic do not come into it.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

And have another Bain situation?

I'd have taken that chance opposed to being bent over and receiving a forward with a poorer strike rate than Haber and losing our best CH with 1 minute to the deadline tbh.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I agree Ludo. Tell Celtic as part of the Hendry deal Allan is going nowhere - what would they care - then get the Cunter in and tell him play for us or you don’t play again this season.

We were holding a pair of 8s and your proposal would have been akin to betting the farm on the turn.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Regardless of the Allan/Hibs situation, we held all the aces and could have nixed it instantly by refusing to sell Hendry if that went ahead. It's simple stuff. We could have sold Hendry in the summer, but we chose not to do so. We could have kept Allan until the summer but WE chose not to do so. Allan/Hibs/Celtic do not come into it.

Er...no, we held sod all. 

We had a player that wasn't ours, a player that was ours but wanted out, and a player that was ours and whose valuation had been met.

You do realise that if we refused to play ball, Celtic could have still bought Hendry and recalled Allan, while Hibs sent back Bain and Celtic found a different keeper. Net result - we end up losing two players we wanted to keep, regaining a player we wanted rid of, and bring in nobody new.

Hence, "pair of 8s". 

Er...no, we held sod all. 
We had a player that wasn't ours, a player that was ours but wanted out, and a player that was ours and whose valuation had been met.
You do realise that if we refused to play ball, Celtic could have still bought Hendry and recalled Allan, while Hibs sent back Bain and Celtic found a different keeper. Net result - we end up losing two players we wanted to keep, regaining a player we wanted rid of, and bring in nobody new.
Hence, "pair of 8s". 

That’s one way of looking at it. Another way is we owned 2 players Celtic wanted and we had one of theirs on loan who had 12 hours to get his loan to us cancelled and get reloaned to Hibs. Celtic I’m sure couldn’t really care what Scott Allan wants - we just had to tie him in with the Hendry/Bain deals.

I actually think McCann for some reason didn’t really fancy SA all that much and was happy to get shot if him otherwise it seemed pretty easy to hang on to him.

Looking to the past. What use is that going to do ye bunch of fannies ?.
We have just got to get on with it.
A Scottish cup win and 10th in league will be splendid

I’ll remind you of that when you’re next moaning your tits off!

Anyway time to get on the drink. I was so looking forward to the game today but it was obvious after about 5 minutes we weren’t up for it.

One of the highlights of the season has been Scotty Allan’s wee cameos and they’re gone now [emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nelms and McCann will potentially have a lot to answer for.

Our Baldy Snake and Ratnamara.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Ridiculous comparison.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Aye, because we sold two players to Celtic on deadline day and didn't replace them adequately, whereas Dundee....oh

59 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Nelms or Thompson.  Which one would you rather have?

57 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I'd rather have me in charge that Thompson tbh. You keep clinging to those straws though.

Sounds like you now agree the original post by Ludo was ridiculous to compare Nelms and McCann to the “Baldy Snake” and “Ratnamara”.

Took a while but you got there.  

Thank you.