All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Boyata fucked already. Pity that didn’t happen last week. $$$$

50 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

f**k sake - Ajer fucked now too. The cunters would have had to pay 10 Million this week.

38 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

c***s probably kept those injuries quiet until now so we didn't know how desperate they were. 

Just realised these injuries happened in the Celtic game just now so I may have been a tad harsh on Brenda. 

McCann got it completely wrong today but hopefully he'll learn.

Meekings should be fit for next week and has to come in for either O'Dea or Waddell. Although much younger and more room for improvement with Waddell, there's not much between them right now.

Holt had a decent first half but second half he was way off it. Making runs then just randomly stopping resulted in passes for him going out the park at least 3 times. Jon has to come back in.

The midfield 3 of Kamara, McGowan and O'Hara kind of picks itself although all were shocking today.

Deacon has to come back into the staring 11. We've been far too narrow recently and we need his width as well as having an extra player on the right when defending.

AJ/Murray/El Bak to play the inside forward roll on the left. Can't comment on what Murray is like there but I'd prefer El Bak in that roll.

And surely there's nobody who can still claim Haber is better than Moussa after that shambles today. The guy is not a footballer.

The only thing ridiculous is our performance today and McCann and Nelms' performance on deadline day.

What is McCann supposed to do in the situation? He's already said numerous times he didn't want to lose Jack Hendry and he wasn't given the money to replace him until he officially signed at 11:55 on deadline day.

10 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

What is McCann supposed to do in the situation? He's already said numerous times he didn't want to lose Jack Hendry and he wasn't given the money to replace him until he officially signed at 11:55 on deadline day.

Tell them no? It's simple stuff, Ross. We allowed ourselves to be bullied and significantly weakened our squad in the process. We could have sold Hendry for the same amount in the summer. Then there's the question of McCann's judgement in okay'ing the swap deal for Murray. I don't care if Allan has requested to go, McCann has sacrificed the majority of our creativity for a striker that hasn't thus far been able to outscore Haber or AJLS in terms of GPM in the league, in a team that creates a lot more than we do.

It's quite frankly shocking. We chased the money.

Edited by Ludo*1

There’s just too few footballers in our team and we’ve just punted 2 of our best. Didn’t think O’Dea or Waddell we’re actually that bad. I realise this is sacrilege but I think we’ve totally over hyped Kamara and when you have a 3 with him and O’Hara your almost bound to get rolled. Felt sorry for Murray, looks ok on the ball but never had a sniff. Our over pedestrian way of playing will struggle to suit him. Haber was absolute shite. McGowan only guy getting pass marks from me.

I actually thought O'Dea was alright in the first half. But like basically everyone else he capitulated after the second went in. He absolutely shouldn't be in the team providing others are fit, though.

That was fucking brutal. We have absolutely no quality in creating a chance which leaves penalty box strikers like A Jay and Simon Murray as useless in whatever system that was supposed to be today. 

Are emergency loans still a thing?  If they are then we need to go balls out to get someone creative in. 

Anyone fancy starting a "Simon Murray - Value for goals counter" thread?

Heres the OP..

Simon Murray - Cost: Jack Hendry and Scott Allan - Goals: 0

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

Are emergency loans still a thing?  If they are then we need to go balls out to get someone creative in. 

No. Only free agents.

Tell them no? It's simple stuff, Ross. We allowed ourselves to be bullied and significantly weakened our squad in the process. We could have sold Hendry for the same amount in the summer. Then there's the question of McCann's judgement in okay'ing the swap deal for Murray. I don't care if Allan has requested to go, McCann has sacrificed the majority of our creativity for a striker that hasn't thus far been able to outscore Haber or AJLS in terms of GPM in the league.
It's quite frankly shocking. We chased the money.

Maybe McCann did tell them no? At the end of the day, selling players has absolutely nothing to do with McCann. He can give his opinion, but it's the board that accepts and rejects the offers. That's how a business works.

Allan only played around half our games this season anyway so that one has been blown way out of proportion.

Hopefully the new defender is solid enough and can step in beside Meekings.