All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, stu2910 said:

Would love for that to happen but I'd imagine they'd still rather send him to a bigger club down south than back here to play, in all likelihood, 2 European matches.  Hopefully even if he's not fit he gets a chance to come back for the Killie game to say bye.  It's something that we never managed to do with Gowser and potentially Kerr by the look of it - whatever people's thoughts on those 2 they at least earned that.

On Beck though, outside the mental era of the early 2000s, have we ever had a player make such an impact in so few games?

Clarkson, in the first Hartley season back in the Premier. Scored in something daft like 8 straight games, then promptly regressed to his normal self.

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Clarkson, in the first Hartley season back in the Premier. Scored in something daft like 8 straight games

The 8th was the winner here. Class day in the drizzle.

RIP the Derry surges 😢 

41 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

That's a bit out of nowhere.  So essentially this would mean that the operation of the club and all first team activities would generally move to the stadium, while youths and girls would use riverside, with the community able to use both.  Would suggest no long term future for Gardyne unless I'm missing something.

Though reading it again it suggests that we are unlikely to build training facilities at the stadium and at riverside...so seems weird to be in the planning stages of both side by side unless we are basically hedging our bets in case one is rejected.

Sounds to me like the idea of a training facility beside the new stadium is unlikely to happen, hence the pivot to plan B at Riverside. I do wonder how much they'd be willing to lop off of the Camperdown complex, though I'd assume the stadium and the crematorium are non-negotiable.

Considering the willingness the SFA and UK Gov't have to provide funding for Riverside and it being further ahead than Nou Campy, the relative ease of developing that land for a training facility is more than worth favouring that option over spending far more time and money to get adequate training facilities at Camperdown as well.

As for Gardyne, I never thought it was planned on being a permanent location, though I'm not surprised that given its popularity it is being taken into account for the Nou Campy office plans.

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

The 8th was the winner here. Class day in the drizzle.

RIP the Derry surges 😢 

A lot of parallels with this season. Made hard work of promotion the season before, recruited well in the off-season, surprised a few folk in the first season back up. I just hope it doesn't fizzle out like Hartley and 2023-24 is not the highpoint of Docherty's time as manager.

8 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Do Dundee have a UEFA Licence in case they qualify for participation in Europe?

This link may be old? 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/10719/280623-club-licensing-awards.pdf

We do. I was asking about this and looking it up yesterday, and the SFA only updated their website just yesterday. 

20240425_175728.jpg.dda45c8cea29fc29ec46c1ebae6fb815.jpg

PDF file here

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, betting competition said:

Upon further review, I located that link and subsequently deleted the post.

Fair enough! It was a fair question to ask though, as I'd looked last week and it was still the previous document saying we were 'N/A'.

Must've fooled them by taking pictures from the Derry/Shankly corner showing Dens is all good (no video though, they'd hear the wellies squelching underfoot!)

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We do. I was asking about this and looking it up yesterday, and the SFA only updated their website just yesterday. 

20240425_175728.jpg.dda45c8cea29fc29ec46c1ebae6fb815.jpg

PDF file here

Is there anything that explains what’s required for each tier?  Youth, legal and ground are reasonably self explanatory, but first team?!

Also what the relevance is when RC passed them all but were refused.

Edited by stu2910

57 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Is there anything that explains what’s required for each tier?  Youth, legal and ground are reasonably self explanatory, but first team?!

Also what the relevance is when RC passed them all but were refused.

It's all about having certain amount of coaches etc. We employ someone who's covers a multitude of jobs whereas to get a higher grading you need a specific person for each role. That's obviously not the only thing but one of the factors. I've went into detail about it before but basically Strachan disagrees with the philosophy of it all and we've went down our own completely different path. That's the youth I'm talking about. I'd imagine it'd be the same coach wise for the first team.